Rochdale Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rochdale night life

+9
Spartacus
Chill37
Charly
Pellis94
Poppyanna555
Dalelad
Tinkerbell
Mulldog
cyfrifia
13 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Rochdale night life - Page 2 Empty Re: Rochdale night life

Post  Chill37 Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:56 pm

Not all crime is committed by 'drugged up drunken people' I would susepct.

These signs are not the solution, it would create no go areas. If someone did take up this idea it would, again, give Rochdale a bad name and you can only imagine the lurid headlines dreamt up by the gutter press.

Maybe zero tolerance is what is need, no I dont mean thrown out at sea as you suggested. But maybe if all crime was tackled and solved then maybe jsut maybe the message will be rammed home to the low lifes out there that they wil not be tolerated anymore.

But just dropping back to your sign. How about 'lawbreakers will be arrested and if found guilty full weight of the law and sentencing will be imposed' in stead?

Chill37
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartacus Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:05 pm

Chill37 wrote:Not all crime is committed by 'drugged up drunken people' I would susepct.

These signs are not the solution, it would create no go areas. If someone did take up this idea it would, again, give Rochdale a bad name and you can only imagine the lurid headlines dreamt up by the gutter press.

Maybe zero tolerance is what is need, no I dont mean thrown out at sea as you suggested. But maybe if all crime was tackled and solved then maybe jsut maybe the message will be rammed home to the low lifes out there that they wil not be tolerated anymore.

But just dropping back to your sign. How about 'lawbreakers will be arrested and if found guilty full weight of the law and sentencing will be imposed' in stead?

Well said.

Spartacus
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:06 pm

Brilliant. Very Happy

p.s. Not thrown out to sea, just gently catapulted, a good distance. People pay good money for that, and bungee jumping, when they go on adventure holidays.

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Pellis94 Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:35 pm

Not all drunk people go out & intentionally pick a fight, in the case of this attack the attacker did but that doesn't mean it's the same in every case, as the person that was attacked I don't think anybody would benefit from such signs, if you want to go out and socialize why should you have to look out for signs as to where you can go & what not doesn't that just let the criminals win? I think all there needs to be is better policing & better bouncers on the door at clubs so then at least you have a form of protection, in this case when i was attacked the bouncers didn't do anything & by the time the police got there the attacker had already fled the scene, I had to rely on my friends for protection which isn't right in any way shape or form
Pellis94
Pellis94

Back to top Go down

Post  Chill37 Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:37 pm

Pellis94 wrote:Not all drunk people go out & intentionally pick a fight, in the case of this attack the attacker did but that doesn't mean it's the same in every case, as the person that was attacked I don't think anybody would benefit from such signs, if you want to go out and socialize why should you have to look out for signs as to where you can go & what not doesn't that just let the criminals win? I think all there needs to be is better policing & better bouncers on the door at clubs so then at least you have a form of protection, in this case when i was attacked the bouncers didn't do anything & by the time the police got there the attacker had already fled the scene, I had to rely on my friends for protection which isn't right in any way shape or form

Excellent post.

Indeed we shouldnt let the low life win.

Chill37
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Pellis94 Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:40 pm

exactly just because i was attacked & ended up with the injuries that are in the article it wouldn't stop me from going back out into town if i knew the policing & bar staff were better unfortunately that isn't the case & i wouldn't want to go out in Rochdale again if it meant jeopardizing my safety
Pellis94
Pellis94

Back to top Go down

Post  Chill37 Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:57 pm

Of course you dont want to have your safety put at risk again (perish the thought) you want to be able to enjoy yourself with your friends.

Im amazed that the Bouncers never helped you out.

Chill37
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Pellis94 Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:58 pm

They didn't and it took an hour for the ambulance to come aswell
Pellis94
Pellis94

Back to top Go down

Post  Chill37 Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:01 pm

Shocking. It really is.

Chill37
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartacus Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:05 pm

I think that needs to be looked into asap. Aren't they supposed to be licensed and regulated?

Spartacus
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  Pellis94 Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:08 pm

I'm not sure i will be speaking to the officer on my case soon & when i do I will ask her if the bouncers even tried to do anything on the CCTV as i can't remember a lot because i was really concussed at the time because i was unconscious for a while
Pellis94
Pellis94

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:06 pm

Spartacus wrote:I think that needs to be looked into asap. Aren't they supposed to be licensed and regulated?

Yes Bouncers are licensed. The Emergency Services have the prime role here though. The response time for the ambulance is really bad and we are told the police give their first priority, time-wise, to attending for assaults like this.

Back to top Go down

Post  Pellis94 Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:08 pm

I certainly didn't get any first priority treatment that's for sure
Pellis94
Pellis94

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:11 pm

It was in the early hours of 17th October last year, (no sorry it was two years ago,), when a criminal deliberately drove a car at speed into the crowd standing in the same place, outside the Dali bar. Police treated it as attempted murder. Fourteen people were taken to hospital by ambulance, those with lesser injuries had to make their own way there.

A criminal who injures someone, who then has to be taken to hospital, should be charged the full cost of the ambulance service, as well as whatever fine or prison sentence they are given.

Last edited by cyfrifia on Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:25 pm; edited 2 times in total

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Pellis94 Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:12 pm

we need Rochdale infirmary back open!
Pellis94
Pellis94

Back to top Go down

Post  Mulldog Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:44 pm

Pellis, you have all my sympathies.
Many, many years ago I got banjoed over the head minding my own business at a taxi rank in Rochdale. I was actually standing my ground as it was my taxi next. I'm not a trouble causer, I mind my own business. The next thing I recall is waking up in Rochdale Infirmary with some stitches in my head and a bit bruised and sore. On the Sunday morning, a less than interested Detective came to interview me in my hospital bed and simply handed me a Victim Support leaflet.

"Oh we know who it is" he said, "but his girlfriend is going to claim you touched her up if you take it any further so I wouldn't bother" confused ...and then proceeded to leave. I was sat there gobsmacked.

I never went out in Rochdale late night after that for a couple of years too worried this "mystery person" to me had free reign to do as he pleased. I subsequently found out some years later the "accused" was a Police informant. So much for my justice I thought Smile
Mulldog
Mulldog
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Pellis94 Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:20 pm

Yeah what a lot of people fail to see is the lasting affects it has on the victim.

Like myself I have to have invasive surgery on my leg this month now & apparently I'm not allowed to go back to work or walk properly for at least 8 months up to 1 year! So basically its ruined my birthday, christmas & new year & then i might have to have surgery on my ear in January because they hit my head that hard i've lost hearing in one ear, Socially it has effected me as well I find that i'm more clingy to my friends now & when we are out in crowded areas i feel really uneasy and insecure also i feel like my independence has been taken away from because i can't do simple tasks like get in and out of the bath and now I have to rely on my Mum to do everything when normally I'm extremely independent.

Fortunately the main culprit has been arrested and is out on bail awaiting sentencing on the 18th January, will keep you all updated on the sentence.x
Pellis94
Pellis94

Back to top Go down

Post  Mulldog Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:53 am

I hope you get better very soon and whatever you do don't let it beat you. There is definitely light at the end of the tunnel Smile
Mulldog
Mulldog
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Pellis94 Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:40 pm

Mulldog wrote:I hope you get better very soon and whatever you do don't let it beat you. There is definitely light at the end of the tunnel Smile

I certainly wont, I have an amazing support network which i'm extremely thank full for, also victim support & the officer on my case have helped me tremendously!
Pellis94
Pellis94

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:47 pm

So pleased you are on the mend Pellis. You suffered a very nasty, vicious attack. These scrotes need locking up. No wonder that some people just seem to give up.

Never give in to scrotism. The streets belong to ALL of us.

Good luck to you.
Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Pellis94 Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:56 pm

Thanks a lot really appreciate it Smile
Pellis94
Pellis94

Back to top Go down

Post  UP THE DALE Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:16 pm

I am pleased too you are on the mend. Hope you get proper justice.
UP THE DALE
UP THE DALE
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Pellis94 Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:40 am

Hi guys,
Got some great news from the officer on my case this week, if all goes to plan the culprit will be getting a custodial sentence within the range of 3-4 years although with the plea bargain etc if most probably will be a lot less.
I'm in to day 4 post operation & i'm feeling very positive at the moment, although I lost my job due to taking 5 months off work cause I haven't been able to walk I've decided to go back to college and Study Medical Science something I wouldn't have done if I had haven't been through this experience, it's also made me a lot cautious and made me realise I have a great network of people around me.

hope your all well & thank you for all the lovely comments on here it goes to show there is some sort of community left in Rochdale! Smile
Pellis94
Pellis94

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:55 pm

Great to read your news Pellis. From the injuries you received last September, it's been some journey, hope the positives continue.

Rochdale Police’s Chief Superintendent A Anderson has had a rather disconcerting message displayed online with the GMP for Rochdale Division residents since the start of 2013: -

‘This year promises to be another opportunity for my officers to work hard and see that Bolton remains a safe and enjoyable place for people to live, work and visit.’ ! ? Dur

http://www.gmp.police.uk/content/detail.html?ReadForm&Division=Rochdale&detail=Commander

Keep in touch with your own officer in case Pellis ! Wink Good Luck

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartacus Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:10 pm

Great news, Pellis.

Wishing you a speedy recovery and good luck with the studies.

Take care x

Spartacus
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next