Another corrupt MP

Go down

Another corrupt MP

Post  Striding on Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:42 pm

The findings of the Commons Standards and Privileges Committee regarding Rotherham MP Denis MacShane show blatant fraud and deliberate deception. How he can avoid police prosecution is surely a mystery to any that see what he did repeatedly over several years, writing invoices to himself and then claiming the money as expenses.

If any of us did that we wouldn't have the option of a temporary suspension , or deciding whether to resign, but would be (quite rightly) dismissed immediately by our employer for gross misconduct with zero chance of any successful objection. Claiming to be doing good works (in his case opposing anti-Semitism) as so recently highlighted, is no defence against criminality.
Striding
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Re: Another corrupt MP

Post  UP THE DALE on Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:49 pm

Totally agree with you Striding. He should go to jail, in my opinion, pretty sure if I did what he did I would have been sent to prison. Corrupt and greedy. I hope he can't have his commons pension, but I bet he will get all of it.
UP THE DALE
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas on Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:35 am

But - but -. Isn't he one of the 'great and good'? Rolling Eyes
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Striding on Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:15 pm

I'm not sure what you mean.

Another MP is taking the mickey too. Nadine Dorries is going on " I'm a 'celebrity' get me out of here". At least her party her done the decent thing and suspended her - mind you she wasn't exactly popular with the leadership. Parliament sits for a small number of days each year compared to other jobs. If she wanted to take a month off during 'term time' she should at least have returned 1/12 of her salary (& expenses). She tried to make out that it was to raise issues in a way that the public would see, so no intention to raise her own personal profile then.
Striding
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down