Teenage girl raped

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Teenage girl raped

Post  cyfrifia on Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:36 pm

The man is described as Asian.
http://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/2/news-headlines/75840/teenage-girl-raped-after-accepting-lift-home
In answer to the comment from Chavdale Tearaway, there is a difference between being stupid and being drunk. Drunk people are vulnerable. But certainly a seventeen year old girl, on her own, late at night, drunk in Rochdale does sound like a story with a predictable end.

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Posts : 3043
Join date : 2012-09-16
Location : Todmorden

Back to top Go down

Re: Teenage girl raped

Post  UP THE DALE on Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:24 pm

Disgusting crime. Thoughts go out to the victim, and all the other victims of this disgusting of crimes.

It would probably be better if legally private hire vehicles could pick up off the street without a prior booking, so long as they radioed in to say they have picked a fare up, even if there were only certain times or circumstances it could be done. Maybe make it legal for people who are in a potentially dangerous situation. What do others think, would a change in the private hire laws be a good thing? Atlas what do you think?

Not surprised about the description of the attacker in the title.
avatar
UP THE DALE
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Posts : 623
Join date : 2012-09-05
Location : ROCHDALE

Back to top Go down

Re: Teenage girl raped

Post  UP THE DALE on Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:31 pm

"In answer to the comment from Chavdale Tearaway, there is a difference between being stupid and being drunk. Drunk people are vulnerable. But certainly a seventeen year old girl, on her own, late at night, drunk in Rochdale does sound like a story with a predictable end."

Sounds like blame the victim time again. The only thing predictable is someone finding some reason to put the blame on the victim, just like in other cases of sexual abuse. Surprised no one has had a go at what the poor victim was wearing. Even if she had been sober she might have been raped, and then someone would still find a reason to have a go at the victim.
avatar
UP THE DALE
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Posts : 623
Join date : 2012-09-05
Location : ROCHDALE

Back to top Go down

Re: The man is described as Asian.

Post  Poppyanna555 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:39 pm

What a silly girl to accept a lift from ANY stranger but, she is young, she was drunk and she had the misfortune to bump into and trust a predator, where is all this going to end? Evil or Very Mad

avatar
Poppyanna555
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Posts : 548
Join date : 2012-09-05
Age : 67
Location : ROCHDALE

Back to top Go down

Re: Teenage girl raped

Post  UP THE DALE on Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:45 pm

Trouble is though Poopyanna, many have been victims of such horrible crimes, who have been much older and not drunk, but still trusted a stranger, wrongly. Very sad you have such monsters out there looking to commit rape all over the country indeed world.
avatar
UP THE DALE
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Posts : 623
Join date : 2012-09-05
Location : ROCHDALE

Back to top Go down

Re: The man is described as Asian.

Post  Poppyanna555 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:52 pm

Yes 'Up the Dole' Laughing I agree. There have always been opportunists/predators but, when so many seem to be operating out of Rochdale, it is downright b****y scary! What a Face

And, like you UTD, I too wasn't surprised that the description fitted the title of this post, it seems to becoming uncomfortably 'par for the course' unfortunately.
avatar
Poppyanna555
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Posts : 548
Join date : 2012-09-05
Age : 67
Location : ROCHDALE

Back to top Go down

Re: Teenage girl raped

Post  Charly on Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:07 pm

I was looking for an address on Kirkholt last night and stopped a young woman to ask if she knew where this road was as I didnt have the postcode for my satnav, a chap came up to the car and offered to get in and show me where it was as he knew 'this estate like the back of my hand' although he was very kind to offer his assistance in this way I thanked him and refused What a Face
I eventually found it ok
avatar
Charly
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Posts : 1258
Join date : 2012-09-05
Location : Wardle

Back to top Go down

e: The man is described as Asian.

Post  Poppyanna555 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:11 pm

Exactly Charly, although i'm sure you weren't drunk and definately older than seventeen!! Very Happy Smile Laughing Razz
avatar
Poppyanna555
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Posts : 548
Join date : 2012-09-05
Age : 67
Location : ROCHDALE

Back to top Go down

Re: Teenage girl raped

Post  UP THE DALE on Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:14 pm

Poppyanna555 wrote:Yes 'Up the Dole' Laughing I agree. There have always been opportunists/predators but, when so many seem to be operating out of Rochdale, it is downright b****y scary! What a Face

And, like you UTD, I too wasn't surprised that the description fitted the title of this post, it seems to becoming uncomfortably 'par for the course' unfortunately.

I would be interested to know if our town is much or indeed any worse than most other towns in regards to this most sickening of crimes, but yes it's awful.

The reason why I wasn't surprised though is probably a different reason to you Poppyanna.


Last edited by UP THE DALE on Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
UP THE DALE
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Posts : 623
Join date : 2012-09-05
Location : ROCHDALE

Back to top Go down

Re: Teenage girl raped

Post  UP THE DALE on Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:18 pm

Charly wrote:I was looking for an address on Kirkholt last night and stopped a young woman to ask if she knew where this road was as I didnt have the postcode for my satnav, a chap came up to the car and offered to get in and show me where it was as he knew 'this estate like the back of my hand' although he was very kind to offer his assistance in this way I thanked him and refused What a Face
I eventually found it ok

You did right, Charly. The vast majority of people would do/mean you know harm, but it just needs one monster who will try it on. I would suggest though even in a nicer area, you should take the same coarse of action, as in all areas you have monsters who could try sexually abusing a lone female.
avatar
UP THE DALE
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Posts : 623
Join date : 2012-09-05
Location : ROCHDALE

Back to top Go down

Reply with quote Re: The man is described as Asian.

Post  Poppyanna555 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:38 pm

UTD wrote:
The reason why I wasn't surprised though is probably a different reason to you Poppyanna.


Really UTD? and what would your reason be?
avatar
Poppyanna555
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Posts : 548
Join date : 2012-09-05
Age : 67
Location : ROCHDALE

Back to top Go down

Reply with quote Re: The man is described as Asian.

Post  Poppyanna555 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:45 pm

Aah, actually don't bother. I think I get your drift and, it doesn't surprise me that you have 'bounced' this back on me and the original poster Very Happy
avatar
Poppyanna555
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Posts : 548
Join date : 2012-09-05
Age : 67
Location : ROCHDALE

Back to top Go down

Re: Teenage girl raped

Post  Charly on Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:49 pm

UP THE DALE wrote:
in all areas you have monsters who could try sexually abusing a lone female.

I know this topic is not in the least funny but what you said here reminded me of my sons fears when I would be off travelling in Africa and India, he was never keen on the idea and one time said in the places I go to I could end up being kidnapped and used as a sex slave...I was probably into my late 50's by then!
avatar
Charly
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Posts : 1258
Join date : 2012-09-05
Location : Wardle

Back to top Go down

Re: Teenage girl raped

Post  UP THE DALE on Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:49 pm

Just not surprised that the author of the post highlighted the fact the alleged rapist was reported to be"asian". To me it does not matter what the monster's race is, they are a monster, whatever their race, and if found guilty deserve to be locked up for many, many years.
avatar
UP THE DALE
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Posts : 623
Join date : 2012-09-05
Location : ROCHDALE

Back to top Go down

Re: Teenage girl raped

Post  UP THE DALE on Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:51 pm

Poppyanna555 wrote:Aah, actually don't bother. I think I get your drift and, it doesn't surprise me that you have 'bounced' this back on me and the original poster Very Happy

You have not said anything I disagree with in this tread, I don't think.
avatar
UP THE DALE
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Posts : 623
Join date : 2012-09-05
Location : ROCHDALE

Back to top Go down

Reply with quote Re: The man is described as Asian.

Post  Poppyanna555 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:02 pm

Fair enough UTD, I would hate to put words into your mouth. On the other hand, I stand by my comments because this is the way I see it and, so I suspect do many other Rochdalian's in the light of recent events because (like you, I speak my mind).

The same goes for the BMW racers on the M1, I make no apologies for guessing that this was an Asian gang (very probably drug dealers) and again, I make no apologies for my analogies simply because, they have been proven to be factual far too often. Razz




avatar
Poppyanna555
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Posts : 548
Join date : 2012-09-05
Age : 67
Location : ROCHDALE

Back to top Go down

Re: Teenage girl raped

Post  UP THE DALE on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:13 pm

Fair enough Poppyanna. Unfortunately there have been a number of sexual assaults in which the alleged abuser has been described as "Asian". Also there have been a number of attacks in which the attackers have been described as "white". In all cases those who are guilty are just as bad as each other, and are monsters who should be off the streets locked away as soon as possible if guilty. Like I say, you have said nothing wrong in my opinion.
avatar
UP THE DALE
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Posts : 623
Join date : 2012-09-05
Location : ROCHDALE

Back to top Go down

Re: Teenage girl raped

Post  cyfrifia on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:19 pm

A few years ago, most newspapers would not have given the full description of the offender, good to see more straightforward reporting now. Just have to hope the police will find him and he won't be doing it again.

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Posts : 3043
Join date : 2012-09-16
Location : Todmorden

Back to top Go down

Re: Teenage girl raped

Post  UP THE DALE on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:31 pm

Unless a description is given that can aid the capture of the alleged rapist it is pointless. The description given could apply to many people. It would have helped if they had given a area a lot smaller than just Newbold.
avatar
UP THE DALE
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Posts : 623
Join date : 2012-09-05
Location : ROCHDALE

Back to top Go down

Re: Teenage girl raped

Post  cyfrifia on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:44 pm

You will argue into infinity that an asian should not be described as an asian, UTD, but most people would rather just know the facts. Your brand of socialism doesn't seem to be either very sociable or useful. It seems to be the kind of socialism that only works on a captive audience. People will climb walls, crawl through barbed wire and dodge machine guns to get away from it. But, I expect you mean well. Smile

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Posts : 3043
Join date : 2012-09-16
Location : Todmorden

Back to top Go down

Re: Teenage girl raped

Post  UP THE DALE on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:04 pm

Thanks for your thoughts on what you believe I believe.

Descriptions of suspects are only useful if they can aid the capture of the criminal, without describing hundreds of people, like the one in the report.

It's good that you report all criminal acts in Rochdale, no matter the race of the alleged criminal and not just certain ones. I admire your attempts to unify the different sections of the Rochdale population.

avatar
UP THE DALE
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Posts : 623
Join date : 2012-09-05
Location : ROCHDALE

Back to top Go down

Re: Teenage girl raped

Post  UP THE DALE on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:07 pm

Just to add, Asian could mean, Chinese, Vietnamese, Indian, Pakistani, Afghan, etc and British people with any of those backgrounds. They would have been better releasing an artists impression of the monster.
avatar
UP THE DALE
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Posts : 623
Join date : 2012-09-05
Location : ROCHDALE

Back to top Go down

Reply with quote Re: The man is described as Asian.

Post  Poppyanna555 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:17 pm

At least reporting has become more honest. For a long time, full descriptions of a 'white' offender was always posted whereby if it was an Asian offender, it was never described as such rather than something along the lines of 'the offender was described as 6' tall, slim and wearing dark jeans and a hooded jacket' as apposed to 'the offender was described as white 6' tall, slim and wearing dark jeans and a hooded jacket'. I, for one, learned to read between the lines!
avatar
Poppyanna555
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Posts : 548
Join date : 2012-09-05
Age : 67
Location : ROCHDALE

Back to top Go down

Re: Teenage girl raped

Post  cyfrifia on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:28 pm

Exactly so Poppy, that kind of straightforward reporting is a big improvement, all that hidden between the lines stuff wasn't good for anyone.

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Posts : 3043
Join date : 2012-09-16
Location : Todmorden

Back to top Go down

Re: Teenage girl raped

Post  UP THE DALE on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:28 pm

Fair point Poppyanna.

How many lads live around your area with the same description as in the report? I bet there are quite a few. At least with a artists impression, even better computer generated, it would be more useful for us to be able to help the police. As it is you would be on to the police hundreds of times you saw a lad with that description.

It's about catching the right lad, not putting hundreds with similar descriptions under the spotlight. And lets not forget, rapists come in all backgrounds and races, so lets spread the message that women and girls should be wary of everyone, and never walk alone in the dark.
avatar
UP THE DALE
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Posts : 623
Join date : 2012-09-05
Location : ROCHDALE

Back to top Go down

Re: Teenage girl raped

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum