Rochdale Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teenage girl raped

+3
Poppyanna555
UP THE DALE
cyfrifia
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Teenage girl raped - Page 2 Empty Re: Teenage girl raped

Post  cyfrifia Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:32 pm

Where ? is this "lad" stuff coming from? The description is a man in early twenties.

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Teenage girl raped - Page 2 Empty Reply with quote Re: The man is described as Asian.

Post  Poppyanna555 Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:37 pm

I agree UTD but I honestly believe that there has, in the past, been a cover up when describing crimes committed by, shall we just say - members of the ethnic communities. It is only since the Rochdale 9 that I am sensing a more honest form of reporting where ethnicity is reported when describing ALL offenders.
Poppyanna555
Poppyanna555
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  UP THE DALE Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:41 pm

cyfrifia wrote:Where ? is this "lad" stuff coming from? The description is a man in early twenties.

Sorry, should have said young man or young men. Big mistake by me. Very naughty of me.
UP THE DALE
UP THE DALE
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:43 pm

UP THE DALE wrote:"lets spread the message that women and girls should be wary of everyone, and never walk alone in the dark.

Some of the things you say are a bit worrying.

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  UP THE DALE Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:43 pm

Poppyanna555 wrote:I agree UTD but I honestly believe that there has, in the past, been a cover up when describing crimes committed by, shall we just say - members of the ethnic communities. It is only since the Rochdale 9 that I am sensing a more honest form of reporting where ethnicity is reported when describing ALL offenders.

All what matters is the catching of the scum who commit these crimes. IF any description actually helps then great.
UP THE DALE
UP THE DALE
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  UP THE DALE Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:48 pm

cyfrifia wrote:
UP THE DALE wrote:"lets spread the message that women and girls should be wary of everyone, and never walk alone in the dark.

Some of the things you say are a bit worrying.

Indeed it is worrying for females to be on the streets alone, and awareness of the dangers of the streets are important due to the fact that there are males out there who will rape them if given the chance. Mind you males can be in danger too, many males are victims of muggings and other crimes. Not a good idea for anyone really to be on the streets alone in the dark.
UP THE DALE
UP THE DALE
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:50 am

UP THE DALE wrote:Disgusting crime. Thoughts go out to the victim, and all the other victims of this disgusting of crimes.

It would probably be better if legally private hire vehicles could pick up off the street without a prior booking, so long as they radioed in to say they have picked a fare up, even if there were only certain times or circumstances it could be done. Maybe make it legal for people who are in a potentially dangerous situation. What do others think, would a change in the private hire laws be a good thing? Atlas what do you think?

Not surprised about the description of the attacker in the title.

The fare-paying law regarding private hire and public hire was simply to protect the public hire business. Public hire are usually sole-ownership and cover just the one car (black cabs originally) whereas private hire can be any number in sole ownership (although many private hire are sole ownership working on commissions). Given a situation where private hire fares could be 'flagged down' would undermine the public hire franchise which pays an extra fee for its insurance to cover a fully comprehensive individual public liability. Such was the situation which in this instance doesn't equate to the circumstances of 'accepting lifts' from strangers. There's nothing to be said on that score - she obviously hasn't taken notice of her parents or anyone else as regards her actions on the night in question and thus suffered what 'can' be the consequences of her stupidity. It's sad - but that's how things are. Sad
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  UP THE DALE Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:42 am

Cheers for that answer Atlas.
UP THE DALE
UP THE DALE
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Irishman Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:51 pm

Charly wrote:I was looking for an address on Kirkholt last night and stopped a young woman to ask if she knew where this road was as I didnt have the postcode for my satnav, a chap came up to the car and offered to get in and show me where it was as he knew 'this estate like the back of my hand' although he was very kind to offer his assistance in this way I thanked him and refused What a Face
I eventually found it ok

Wishfull thinking...... Laughing

Irishman
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Charly Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:19 pm

Not wishful thinking at all Irish, I'd much rather have a chip butty Laughing ...I was thinking more of getting my car nicked
Charly
Charly
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:12 am

In this case of rape by a taxi driver in Leeds, the report says "Shahin will be deported to his home country of Bangladesh after serving his sentence."

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/latest-news/top-stories/leeds-private-hire-driver-caged-for-sickening-rape-of-sleeping-passenger-1-5292511

Is there a change of policy? Foreign criminals used to be "considered" for deportation at the end of their sentences, and that usually meant they were not. This sounds a bit more definite? Is it to do with the prisons that are due to be closed?

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Dalelad Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:14 pm

I imagine it depends on the specifics of the case and the person invloved
Dalelad
Dalelad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:49 pm

I imagine it depends as much if not more on politics and policy. The type of relationship the UK has with Europe and with European law, immigration, and the prisons budget are all under political pressure and will have some effect on this kind of thing.

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:03 pm

cyfrifia wrote:I imagine it depends as much if not more on politics and policy. The type of relationship the UK has with Europe and with European law, immigration, and the prisons budget are all under political pressure and will have some effect on this kind of thing.

Turnip. I imagine you already knew it often depends on the same old Chestnuts, like:

Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights guarantees the rights to "private and family life" and is used to argue that an offender, regardless of the crime, cannot be separated from family members who live in Britain.

The courts have even accepted the rights apply in cases for example where criminals have only a girlfriend here. UK Border Agency figures show a large number of deportation orders are frustrated by Human Rights claims.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:19 pm

So, Mojo, are you saying the idea that foreign criminals might be deported at the end of their parsnip sentences is actually nonsense, and there is no chance either now or in the near future of it happening?

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:58 pm

cyfrifia wrote:So, Mojo, are you saying the idea that foreign criminals might be deported at the end of their parsnip sentences is actually nonsense, and there is no chance either now or in the near future of it happening?

I'm most definitely not saying that. You would know about it, without doubt, if I was, because I would have documented any such perception ... I don't deal in "sound-bites," or float a question that I subsequently go on to explain myself.

Your personal interests in immigration impacts are well documented on the forum and delays in removing foreign criminals are such a longstanding problem faced by successive governments. Many criminals. as you'll know, are excluded from the FRS (Facilitated Return Scheme) and Britain does not have deportation agreements with the home countries of all offenders or ex-offenders, such as Somalia.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:25 pm

Immigration hasn't been handled well, leaving us with an ongoing complicated and expensive problem, but I don't know much about the technicalities, only in general terms.
It would be a good thing if we could look after law abiding and genuine immigrants properly, but I can't see the point of importing and imprisoning international criminals, and releasing them on to the streets again.

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2