Rochdale Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grouse-Watch: Supermarket pricing

+8
Old Regulator
Jeanie
johnb
southernbelle
Atlas
Charly
UP THE DALE
Hinch
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Grouse-Watch: Supermarket pricing - Page 2 Empty Re: Grouse-Watch: Supermarket pricing

Post  Striding Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:23 pm

I presume Hinch, that you are monitoring the price of Famous Grouse for the purposes of your own personal measure of the rate of inflation, the Hinchflation index perhaps? What, may I ask, are the other items that make up the standard Hinch shopping basket that reflect a true measure of your cost of living?

Of course, at the moment grouse is out of season, so you will need to wait until the 'Glorious 12th' (of July) for a new vintage.
After the horsemeat scandal, next they'll be telling us that Famous Grouse whisky does not contain any famous grouse at all.
Striding
Striding
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Grouse-Watch: Supermarket pricing - Page 2 Empty Re: Grouse-Watch: Supermarket pricing

Post  Charly Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:17 am

Ah, the glorious 12th...isnt that 12th August? the start of the grouse shooting season.

The glorious 12th (of July) ;

The Twelfth (also called The Glorious Twelfth or Orangemen's Day) is a yearly Protestant celebration held on 12 July.
It originated in Ireland during the 18th century.
It celebrates the Glorious Revolution (1688) and victory of Protestant king William of Orange over Catholic king James II at the Battle of the Boyne (1690).
Charly
Charly
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  teamplayer2 Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:11 pm

next they'll be telling us that Famous Grouse whisky does not contain any famous grouse at all

Perhaps they should Striding to give it extra flavour. Razz
teamplayer2
teamplayer2
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  teamplayer2 Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:57 am

Hinch have you had the special White Grouse Whisky?

Never tried it myself but would be interesting to know if it is worth buying.
teamplayer2
teamplayer2
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:22 am

If you mean the Snow Grouse, I didn't like it at all but the Black Grouse is superb.
Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  teamplayer2 Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:43 am

My mistake it could be the snow grouse. Saw it on it on the Grouse Whisky website . That is why I was asking but never tried it and you seem to know quite a lot about the Grouse Whisky Brand.
teamplayer2
teamplayer2
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:48 am

It is designed to be drunk with ice. Ugh!
Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  teamplayer2 Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:31 pm

Ice in whisky. Perish the thought.
teamplayer2
teamplayer2
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  teamplayer2 Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:23 pm

Sat here very lonely and quiet tonight. A glass of Penderyn single malt Welsh whisky in front of me. Sherrywood brand. About 3-4 measures left. I may go off and finish it off or make last until tomorrow night. What are you on Hinch? Your Grouse whisky.
teamplayer2
teamplayer2
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2