Rochdale Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"In Rochdale, babies are buried six to a grave."

+6
Charly
Ann M
Atlas
Jeanie
Hinch
cyfrifia
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

"In Rochdale, babies are buried six to a grave." - Page 2 Empty Re: "In Rochdale, babies are buried six to a grave."

Post  Poppyanna555 Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:06 pm

I have a wood burning stove Cyfrifia and I am currently out of wood, unfortunately these are ruddy big tree trunks and i'm not up to dragging 'em home or indeed, sawing 'em up! bounce
Poppyanna555
Poppyanna555
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

"In Rochdale, babies are buried six to a grave." - Page 2 Empty Re: "In Rochdale, babies are buried six to a grave."

Post  cyfrifia Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:25 pm

Yes, it is a major job feeding a wood fire. The modern heating systems use wood pellets.

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppyanna555 Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:49 pm

Mine is not my main source of heating as I do have gas central heating. It is just nice to sit in front of on particularly cold winter days. You're right though, they don't half go through my stock of wood that I build up through the summer, courtesy of my very good neighbour who is a joiner. Smile
Poppyanna555
Poppyanna555
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:31 am

The Logging Contractor allows a small reduction in his pricing for removal of all the tree some of which goes to logs for burning the rest for shredding for parklands and livestock. Most good contractors will have at their disposal a trunking saw and a log splitter, usually back in the contractors premises. Such machines are expensive and require qualified people to operate them. It's a hard job and only for the young and fit which you will no doubt have seen if you have ever watched a tree being copiced or felled etc. Sometimes it is necessary to fell trees either for development or because the tree is dangerous or diseased. Few people who own trees ever have them 'farmed' (i.e. looked after to prevent disease or felling) until it is too late. Which is why so many trees are lost through stupid neglect. Reporting unsafe and dangerous trees is the same as reporting pot-holes etc. If council owned they have a duty of care to see to them. If the 'site' is left unsafe or dangerous through neglect on the part of the contractor such should be reported to the relevant authority. If privately owned you should voice your concern to the owner - if nothing is done then likewise to the council who again must act if the tree/trees are a danger to the public. It's up to you really -.
How did we get on to trees anyway -. Where's mi pills -! Laughing Wink
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2