Opera very entertaining.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Opera very entertaining.

Post  teamplayer2 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:43 am

Going back to last Christmas Day. After having our Christmas dinner out at the John Milne my better half went for a rest late in the afternoon for a couple of hours. So I thought with a bottle of wine to finish off I would watch the TV. So I tuned into BBC2 and watch the Opera which as usual is shown at Christmas on this channel.

The Opera shown was Rossini's La Cenerentola. Mezzo-soprano Lena Belkina and the prince played by Edgardo Rocha where the stars I think if my memory is correct. This was filmed around various scenes in Turin and one of the main scenes taking place at an old grand palace ballroom Cannot remember the name of the building. Though I will find out later.

I must admit it made a change watching the opera and really entertaining and made a change to be able to watch something that was good rather than the usual rubbish you get on TV at Christmas these days. The filming and the scenes were out of this world and they should do more opera on the TV. Better than so called reality and other boring music shows we see today. What do Pop stars need when they sing live? If they do sing?

Also last Saturday night I listened to Opera on 3 on the radio. Listening to Rossini's comic opera Le Comte Ory. Which was played in New York. Maurizio Benini conducts the Metropolitan Chorus and Orchestra. Absolute bliss to listen and I cannot wait for the next Opera on 3 next Saturday and Thursday next week.

Also to the shows I am going to in March and April. Also got back to those lunch time concerts I use to go to at a couple of churches in Rochdale. Went to a couple just before Christmas and very enjoyable and need more support.
teamplayer2
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Re: Opera very entertaining.

Post  Tinkerbell on Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:50 pm

La Cenerentola is good fun. I've seen a few different productions. I like the overture as well. I saw Le Comte Ory with Bonaventura Bottone in the title role done by Opera north some years ago. very funny. also known as "nuns on the run"St. mary in the Baum on march 27th (lunchtime) featuring soprano Anne Butterworth and mezzo soprano Alyson Brailsford should be good.
Tinkerbell
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  teamplayer2 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:20 pm

Yes I will try and get there Tinkebell
teamplayer2
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  teamplayer2 on Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:58 pm

Been some good music on Radio 3 the last few weeks. Has been a real pleasure.
teamplayer2
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top