Another Lib Dem let down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Another Lib Dem let down

Post  teamplayer2 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:06 pm

I do not know what the Lib Dems think but now with the latest scandal involving Chris Hulne and with Cyril Smith being exposed for what he is. Also letting everyone suffer and defending the savage cutbacks happening through out the country. They are not a credible party anymore.

I do not know how they can remain in a coalition and as a minority party keep having a say in how the country is run. With their track record they should not be a part of government and have no right to say they represent the majority of the people of this country.

Time for them to step down from the coalition and remove themselves from the seat of power they share at 10 Downing Street.
teamplayer2
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Lib Dem let down

Post  Chill37 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:13 pm

Dont worry, in about two and a bit years the Lib Dems will be kicked out of power by all the voters that they let down when they sold out and back tracked on promises for their moment in power.

Chill37
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Mulldog on Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:58 pm

There seems to be a covert campaign to undermine and oust the Libs going on at the moment.
Mulldog
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  johnb on Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:06 pm

I don't see anything covert about it.

Perhaps 'PrudenceTempered' would care to comment?
johnb
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch on Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:15 pm

Totally true JB.

The electorate have been sold a pup and have woken up to the fact.

Nothing remotely covert about it.
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Prudence Tempered on Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:51 pm

If any of the contributors so far would have preferred a wholly Conservative government, deep blue in tooth and claw, then maybe they should say so.

Prudence Tempered
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch on Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:15 pm

Better the devil you know than the coalition you don't.
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Prudence Tempered on Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:18 pm

Hinch wrote:Better the devil you know than the coalition you don't.

I'll take that as a 'yes' then. Thought so.

Prudence Tempered
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:37 pm

Mulldog wrote:There seems to be a covert campaign to undermine and oust the Libs going on at the moment.
Wasn't this one more like " Hell hath no fury ..... ?"

Back to top Go down

Post  johnb on Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:30 pm

We would prefer politicians not in it for their own egos. Since that seems a forlorn hope, we would prefer the self-interested rather than the pseudo-altruistic, on the grounds that by helping themselves, they may help us.

Crusaders are generally bad news.
johnb
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  johnb on Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:33 pm

I expect her to be sent down for attempting to pervert the course of justice - her actions as defence and her revaluations are also a perversion, and I hope the journalist is prosecuted too.
johnb
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch on Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:25 am

I think she will have a job on her hands persuading the court that she was a timid, downtrodden wife.

I love the brass neck of her ex, lecturing the rest of us on law and order.

Last edited by Hinch on Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Chill37 on Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:26 am

Mulldog wrote:There seems to be a covert campaign to undermine and oust the Libs going on at the moment.

No there isnt.

Care to elaborate?

Chill37
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Mulldog on Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:58 am

Chill37 wrote:

No there isnt.

Care to elaborate?

I thought it was pretty obvious that Labour had their excavating machinery out at the moment? They might unearth a King in a carpark if they're lucky Razz
Mulldog
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Chill37 on Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:23 pm

Mulldog wrote:
Chill37 wrote:

No there isnt.

Care to elaborate?

I thought it was pretty obvious that Labour had their excavating machinery out at the moment? They might unearth a King in a carpark if they're lucky Razz

The only thing that is clearly obvious, Nationall Lib Dems broke their promises and sold out . Locally-they self imploded and dont like to be on a come back any time soon.

Chill37
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Mulldog on Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:57 pm

Chill37 wrote:
Mulldog wrote:
Chill37 wrote:

No there isn't.

Care to elaborate?

The only thing that is clearly obvious, National Lib Dems broke their promises and sold out . Locally-they self imploded and don't look to be on a come back any time soon.

That's a relief tongue
Mulldog
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Chill37 on Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:33 pm

Yes I know your comment was light hearted, but Im sure all the grass root supporters are far from happy at how the Lib Dems borke a promised and voted for the rise on fees. Despite the Lib Dems being able to abstain from the vote as part of the Coaltion deal. But no they sold out and fell over themselves to vote in the majority to push the fee rise through.

As for the breakaway Lib Dems in Rochdale who went on a power trip Im glad they lost their seats.

Chill37
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Striding on Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:54 pm

I don't understand the big emphasis on student fees with the Lib Dems.
Their manifesto, like all of the parties, was idealistic, based on the (in their case highly unlikely) scenario of gaining a majority themselves and a free rein. With their relatively small number of MPs they were always going to have a small say in coalition policy.

Which party said they would not introduce student fees, then did so?
Would that be the Labour party, particularly supported and championed by its ex-NUS presidents?
Yes, it would.

Even so, it does look as though the LibDems even with their small numbers are struggling for quality MPs of integrity and good character for their senior posts.
With the expenses scandal convictions, all of the parties look pretty poor in that respect, and there was clearly an attitude amongst MPs that they can get away with illegal behaviour and be immune to prosecution. Hopefully with recent triumphs of justice, some might realise that the odds of ending up in prison are currently much higher for an MP than for any other profession.
Striding
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Chill37 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:44 am

Well it was the Lib Dems made a point of saying they were against fee ises when they were a small party in the Commons. Then BANG they were in power, and then they did a big U turn and voted for them. So please explain to me then why they did that and insulted their grass root supporters?

As for the Labour party- they are not in the seat of power- Conservatives and Lib Dems are. Well untill 2015. You say the Lib Dems are in the minority. Then explain to me why the majority of them voted for the rise and not abstained. Im sorry but there is no getting away from it- they lied and did the u-turn. Even their leader made a video saying he was sorry. So thats an admission to me.

So no amount of spin or effort will ever change that.

As for no Mps of intergrity? Lets start with the Cllrs and how a good portion of them went of on a power trip. As I said-they deserved losing their seats at the next election.

Just a shame the people they served got let down as well. But I dont think the break away group even thought of them when they were on their ego trips.

Unless someone can prove me wrong in a non-spin way.

Chill37
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Prudence Tempered on Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:29 pm

Chill37 wrote:Then explain to me why the majority of them voted for the rise and not abstained. Im sorry but there is no getting away from it- they lied and did the u-turn.

No need to be sorry, Chill. You'll be delighted to know that the majority of Lib Dem MPs did indeed abstain or voted against.

Prudence Tempered
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Chill37 on Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:30 am

Prudence Tempered wrote:
Chill37 wrote:Then explain to me why the majority of them voted for the rise and not abstained. Im sorry but there is no getting away from it- they lied and did the u-turn.

No need to be sorry, Chill. You'll be delighted to know that the majority of Lib Dem MPs did indeed abstain or voted against.

Yes I know the majority of them did. I posted a selected list of them over on the thread on RO a while ago. Just a shame ALL of them didnt abstain. Still at least some of the party stuck to their promises.

Chill37
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Prudence Tempered on Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:58 pm

So you actually knew it wasn't true when you posted that the majority of Lib Dem MPs voted for the rise.

Prudence Tempered
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Chill37 on Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:17 pm

Prudence Tempered wrote:So you actually knew it wasn't true when you posted that the majority of Lib Dem MPs voted for the rise.

Sorry? Are you implying I posted a false hood and knew I was posting a falsehood to pollute a thread to my own ends

When I posted ORIGNALLY on RO of the few names that I copied the names form the source i found on the internet I posted in good faith AT THAT TIME the names i found were the MINORITY ie less than the number of current Lib Dems and ergo I thought they were the only ones who voted agaisnt were less than the number of total Lib Dems So i carried this over to this thread in good faith.

NOW I know there was more Mps abstained in the Lib Dems agianst the rise. So my knowledge is corrected thanks to guidance on where to find accurate voting records now Ive done a bit more research..

So i was corrected by you on this post!!! And now you accuse me of something you corrected me on!!!! In reply to my post!!!! beggers belife! Would you like me to add footnotes of all the things i research when I reply to a post?

So please do not swing it back to me as a counter attack, which is another example of spin at work. Deflect criticism back onto the person daring to question the party they represent. Quite sad really if that is the case here. I am more than happy to re-dact comments or correct my posts if someone provides evidence. This happen on a handful of occasions on RO.

The fact remains that the MPS who did vote for the fees u turned on their promise. So my pioint remains why did the MINORITY of Lib Dems u turned on their promise to vote agaisnt fees.

Is that better fo r you?

Last edited by Chill37 on Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Chill37
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Chill37 on Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:33 pm

So just for you as a reminder of my post when you corrected me:

Yes I know the majority of them did. I posted a selected list of them over on the thread on RO a while ago. Just a shame ALL of them didnt abstain. Still at least some of the party stuck to their promises

Please note I did put emphasis on ALL in my reply.

Not some, not majority , not a couple but ALL of them didnt abstain.

NB selected means selected from the internet source page AT THAT TIME and not just a few names grabbed from the list. Just incase you got full tilt spin mode and twist what i have written,.

But then again Im not going to justify and clarify every single word i type. But I suspect you may pick up on the word'selection;.

Still good luck on the next election as nothing changes and your tactics is just attack attack and attack some more instead of answering a direct question,.

Chill37
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  heywood_lore on Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:59 pm

Interesting Prudence, on a first glance the Lib Dem Split was indeed 28 in favour, 29 against or abstaining (21 voted against, 8 abstaining or absent).

However one of tose absent was Cabinet Member Chris Huhne wo was at a Climate Summit in Mexico. Are you honestly expecting us to believe that he would have voted against and hence resigned as a minister if he had been here?
heywood_lore

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum