NHS: the truth

View previous topic View next topic Go down

NHS: the truth

Post  Jeanie on Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:29 pm

Stafford Hospital: Hiding mistakes 'should be criminal offence'
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/

Last edited by Hinch on Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:51 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added comment)
Jeanie
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Re: NHS: the truth

Post  Jeanie on Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:14 pm

Stafford Hospital: Five more hospitals to be investigated
By James Gallagher & Nick Triggle
BBC News

I can think of a few more that needs investigating Management not Staff ?
Jeanie
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Compassion

Post  Striding on Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:04 pm

There was a particularly pertinent cartoon in Private Eye recently, in the Fallen Angels series.

An outraged nurse is saying to a colleague something like, "How can they accuse me of not having compassion. I wrote about compassion in my dissertation!"
Striding
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas on Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:29 am

Yes. But how do you change 30 years of bad practice i.e. cost first, care last, not to mention a freedom in the ranks which is now endemic, in a short time. Because if it isn't changed, and quickly, many more old and infirm are going to suffer greatly in the interim. Very sad - and bad. Evil or Very Mad
Atlas
Starfleet Commander
Starfleet Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeanie on Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:04 pm

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/politics/4782940/1200-dead-and-no-ones-to-blame-no-sackings-no-resignations-despite-4-years-of-horrific-neglect.html
Just disgusting !
Jeanie
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  keithatrochdale on Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:10 am

Just looked at Dr Fosters My Hospital Guide : Efficiency & Mortality here

And the Mid Staffordshire NHS Foundation Trust is more efficient and has a lower mortality rate (well below the national average) than Pennine Acute Hospitals NHS Trust (above the national average mortality rate), so could somebody explain why Pennine Acute Hospitals NHS Trust is not being investigated too?

keithatrochdale
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia on Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:29 am

If you know someone who is going into hospital, and you are able to visit, don't just assume everything is ok. Clean your hands as you go into the ward, take notice of everything going on. Speak kindly to nurses and ask questions. Ring up when you can't visit. Nurses are not trained to understand the difference between sleep and anesthesia, so be there on the ward if your friend returns to the ward from surgery, make sure they are warm and comfortable, and do not have a fan blowing on them too close for too long. Just generally but unobtrusively taking care of a patient in hospital can make a big difference. Simply handing over a friend or relative to the hospital is not enough. Taking in suitable clothes and food etc can help too.

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  hovis on Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:52 pm

One of the reasons that Pennine has a high death rate is because we have a high elderly population, high alcohol and drug abusers population, and a high rate of people living below the poverty line.

hovis
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  teamplayer2 on Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:25 pm

About 15 months ago I had reasons to complain to an hospital. The most sad and shocking thing about it. They are more or less the same complaints I had to make which is making some of the news at the moment.

We did get a full apology in the end and the complaint was valid. Though the most shocking and disturbing is the process we had to go through and the way I was treated the first time I had to complain. Made to look we were in the wrong and then the fight getting to the truth.
teamplayer2
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top