Rochdale Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Planners BBC2

+15
misst
Old Regulator
southernbelle
cyfrifia
Chill37
keithatrochdale
past it
Admin
Dalelad
Hinch
Spartacus
Jeanie
johnb
teamplayer2
Poppyanna555
19 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Councillor Shefali Begum

The Planners BBC2 - Page 4 Vote_lcap13%The Planners BBC2 - Page 4 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 2 ]
The Planners BBC2 - Page 4 Vote_lcap87%The Planners BBC2 - Page 4 Vote_rcap 87% 
[ 13 ]
The Planners BBC2 - Page 4 Vote_lcap0%The Planners BBC2 - Page 4 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 15

The Planners BBC2 - Page 4 Empty Re: The Planners BBC2

Post  ajsmith Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:27 pm

Be interesting to see if there are any more revelations in tonights episode, I wait with bated breath!

ajsmith
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppyanna555 Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:03 pm

I don't think Rochdale is featured again until episode 5 (next week) and then episode 7, that's if i'm not mistaken AJ Smile
Poppyanna555
Poppyanna555
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  ajsmith Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:07 pm

I don't know, but it's series linked now that's for sure. Guess I will have to hold my breath longer than anticipated
:-)

ajsmith
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:04 pm

misst wrote:Iam with you Anthony.Lets raise this issue and demand something is done about it .Fed up of us Rochdale residents getting swept under the carpet. Mad

Great to read new contributors and with some gumption Very Happy

( Petition http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/councillor-colin-lambert-rochdale-mbc-remove-cllr-shefali-begum-from-rochdale-planning-committee

It's a shame no-one came up with a petition when Cllr Aftab Hussain was 'promoted' to the Chair of Pennine Township last year !

Back to top Go down

Post  ajsmith Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:15 pm

Approaching 300 signatures tonight, I would like to see more like 3000. Even then that's only about 1.5% of residents. I don't expect everyone will feel as strongly as I do, but I will try to make sure those that care are aware of where they can be heard. Please also head over to FaceBook and check out the Planners BBC2.... group, the guys there are also doing a great job in bringing folk togther.

Anthony

ajsmith
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppyanna555 Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:14 am

The numbers are rising steadily though AJ, I guess we will just have to wait a bit longer than we would have liked. Three hundred or three thousand...the message is clear.
Poppyanna555
Poppyanna555
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:57 am

ajsmith wrote:I don't expect everyone will feel as strongly as I do, but I will try to make sure those that care are aware of where they can be heard.

Anthony
I feel very strongly about people who use photographers images without payment/attribution and without permission. I should have thought that as a Lib Dem candidate who tried to get elected as a councillor you would ensure your own shortcomings were tackled if you are to seek the resignation of a Labour councillor for theirs.

Back to top Go down

Post  ajsmith Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:09 am

Ok I get it. I have not used anyones images for commercial gain. Not sure if what my political affiliations have to do with any of this. I have apologised, please let that be an end to it. I get the feeling there is a subtext here, have I done something else to upset you? Btw I have not called for the resignation of cllr begum, just removal from her position on the planning committee and this cause is not partisan, I do not speak on behalf of anyone in the lib dems or elsewhere in respect of this.

ajsmith
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:41 am

For the general viewer, what we saw at that planning meeting was unpleasant, disturbing and worrying. Even within the context of planning, we saw that local politics has descended to the level of bullying, and proper process has been lost. It is important that the situation is recognised as unacceptable, and stopped.

Hopefully people will have the gumption to put aside personal and party agendas for a while at least, and co-operate to repair this injurious situation, which has reached a wide audience, otherwise, confidence in political procedures in Rochdale will collapse further, and that is not a good thing.

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Regulator Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:59 am

Anthony. I must admit that when I read the petition I also thought you were being party zan (sic). In my mind this awful example of how our council has been run over many years is not down to any 1 party but is indicative of the gerrymandering in Rochdale local politics.

As you know I spend time out and about in Castleton, the Village, and consider myself a good judge of feelings there. I can assure you that this incident coupled with the lapses in ‘community adhesion’, whatever that is supposed to mean, especially the ongoing grooming crimes is causing great debate amongst level headed non political and non racist folk.

In my view the chair of this committee is guilty of the very worst type of cultural bias and this my old mate is what has been wrong for many a year in allocation of funds and other important social and leisure amenities in our very close to a divided Town.

As for J’s images I’ll pass on that one (smile). Frank

Old Regulator
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppyanna555 Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:15 am

Old Regulator posted:

In my view the chair of this committee is guilty of the very worst type of cultural bias and this my old mate is what has been wrong for many a year in allocation of funds and other important social and leisure amenities in our very close to a divided Town.

Exactly!
Poppyanna555
Poppyanna555
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  mary ann Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:45 am

At least we now have a few days to wait before we have to cringe again Sad

mary ann
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartacus Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:37 am

It's a shame no-one came up with a petition when Cllr Aftab Hussain was 'promoted' to the Chair of Pennine Township last year

Well said, Mojo Hill.

Hopefully people will have the gumption to put aside personal and party agendas for a while at least, and co-operate to repair this injurious situation, which has reached a wide audience, otherwise, confidence in political procedures in Rochdale will collapse further, and that is not a good thing.

Well, said cyfifria.

Spartacus
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:10 pm

ajsmith wrote:Ok I get it. I have not used anyones images for commercial gain. Not sure if what my political affiliations have to do with any of this. I have apologised, please let that be an end to it. I get the feeling there is a subtext here, have I done something else to upset you? Btw I have not called for the resignation of cllr begum, just removal from her position on the planning committee and this cause is not partisan, I do not speak on behalf of anyone in the lib dems or elsewhere in respect of this.
So if I help myself to the contents of your wallet is it OK so long as I don't spend the money for commercial gain? Thought not!

No, you have done nothing else to upset me, there is no subtext, I simply object to people taking and using my work without asking.

As for your political persuasion, I have been around Rochdale's poisonous political scene long enough to be highly dubious when I see a political animal of any persuasion start a band wagon.

As for not calling for Cllr Begum's resignation, semantics, but point taken, you have instead called for her to be sacked, same result, and as it happens one I agree with.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:11 pm

Old Regulator wrote:In my view the chair of this committee is guilty of the very worst type of cultural bias and this my old mate is what has been wrong for many a year in allocation of funds and other important social and leisure amenities in our very close to a divided Town.
Nail on head, Frank.

Back to top Go down

Post  ajsmith Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:23 pm

Speechless. How are you supposed to make a difference if you don't get involved? And if you do, it seems that you risk your character being called into question by people who don't know you just because you tried.

ajsmith
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:42 pm

I was under the impression that Frank knows you well and he said:

Old Regulator wrote:Anthony. I must admit that when I read the petition I also thought you were being party zan (sic).

Back to top Go down

Post  ajsmith Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:17 pm

J wrote:I was under the impression that Frank knows you well and he said:

Old Regulator wrote:Anthony. I must admit that when I read the petition I also thought you were being party zan (sic).

Frank and I go back some time and I believe we share a mutual respect for each other. I think that knowing me, Frank will take me at my word in respect of my motivation, but you'd have to ask Frank. I don't want to drag this out or distract from the issue in hand, so I do not intend to post again other than in respect of the issue at hand, i.e. the programme and it's consequences.

ajsmith
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  keithatrochdale Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:36 pm

I wish you two would put as much effort into actually doing something about this problem.

We already have a petition, now maybe ROL could help publish and promote it.

We NEED to get this planning permission fiasco rescinded and the Councillors removed from their positions, so they can do less harm in the future.

NOW lets have some suggestions to forward this.......

keithatrochdale
keithatrochdale
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  ajsmith Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:38 pm

Point taken. I am.

ajsmith
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:17 pm

keithatrochdale wrote:I wish you two would put as much effort into actually doing something about this problem.
Forgive me, Keith, I hadn't realised RO publishing this article:

http://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/127/council-watch/77840/bbc-observational-documentary-lifts-lid-on-shocking-decision-to-approve-mosque-extension

...the morning after the programme, so that Rochdale Online's 100,000+ readers got to know about it, wasn't doing something!

Or that consistently holding the council to account on behalf of residents via 'Council Watch' wasn't doing something.

http://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/127/council-watch

And I doubt Anthony had realised starting a petition wasn't doing something.

Now remind just what is it you have done?

Back to top Go down

Post  ajsmith Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:48 pm

Anothet piece in tomorrow's ob with Cllr Begum defending her position effectively saying it's down to programme editing. Also announcing "a probe" which I suspect is a result of one of the fb group members writing to Linda Fisher. I will continue to work to get this progressed in whatever small way I can. Last thing I want to do is distract from this debate so I promise not to hence forth.

ajsmith
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartacus Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:08 pm

ajsmith wrote:Anothet piece in tomorrow's ob with Cllr Begum defending her position effectively saying it's down to programme editing. Also announcing "a probe" which I suspect is a result of one of the fb group members writing to Linda Fisher. I will continue to work to get this progressed in whatever small way I can. Last thing I want to do is distract from this debate so I promise not to hence forth.

Editing my proverbial. We are reliably informed and know from experience that this kind of behaviour has unfortunately become the norm in our Borough.

Thank you for posting here and joining in with this debate. Please do keep on posting on this and other topics.

Spartacus
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeanie Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:27 pm

There should be no if's or buts she should go she has brought shame and caused more distrust to the public in this Borough yet again against the council,her behaviour was disgraceful Rolling Eyes

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/local-news/call-planning-chief-quit-after-1330664

Last edited by Jeanie on Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added comment)
Jeanie
Jeanie
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:03 pm

Spartacus wrote:
ajsmith wrote:Anothet piece in tomorrow's ob with Cllr Begum defending her position effectively saying it's down to programme editing. Also announcing "a probe" which I suspect is a result of one of the fb group members writing to Linda Fisher. I will continue to work to get this progressed in whatever small way I can. Last thing I want to do is distract from this debate so I promise not to hence forth.

Editing my proverbial. We are reliably informed and know from experience that this kind of behaviour has unfortunately become the norm in our Borough.

Thank you for posting here and joining in with this debate. Please do keep on posting on this and other topics.

"Hear, Hear" Spartacus Smile Good to see encouraging welcomes on the Forum

The sarcastic jibe directed personally at KeithatRochdale

J wrote: to keithatrochdale

Now remind just what is it you have done?

serves to remind that “Mockery is a rust that corrodes all it touches.”

The ob apparently can't count. Suspect As it's believed by many to be a 'favoured' establishment and public sector media partner, I've started to take its features with doses of salt.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum