Rochdale Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rochdale past present and future

5 posters

Go down

Rochdale past present and future Empty Rochdale past present and future

Post  Wobbles Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:28 pm

Have a look at the Facebook page Rochdale last present and future. It has some great pictures of Rochdale on. You can also add pictures
Wobbles
Wobbles

Back to top Go down

Rochdale past present and future Empty Re: Rochdale past present and future

Post  Wobbles Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:30 pm

Sorry for the double posting. Joys of using the mobile
Wobbles
Wobbles

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppyanna555 Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:40 pm

Yes, I agree Wobbles, I have been following this site recently myself....takes yer back it does and makes you realise that yes, you are old! Smile
Poppyanna555
Poppyanna555
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartacus Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:46 pm

I am also following and enjoying the site.

The Heywood Remembered site works much better because there they don't just post the photographs they also tell you whereabouts it is/was.

I am not old enough (stop that sniggering Hinch) to recognise some of the places that appear on the Rochdale site but if someone added where it actually was I would be able to relate to the photographs much better.

Spartacus
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  teamplayer2 Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:36 pm

I am to young to know any of these sites.
teamplayer2
teamplayer2
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:37 am

Poppyanna555 wrote:Yes, I agree Wobbles, I have been following this site recently myself....takes yer back it does and makes you realise that yes, you are old! Smile

I know what you mean. I inherited a lot of old family photos, they were small, over or under exposed, grainy and fuzzy, generally poor quality like a lot of old photos are. I put some of them through an 'old photo renovation' computer program. They sprang to life as I hadn't seen them before, it was amazing to see so clearly into the dim and distant past.

That photo editing program was lost when that computer died, and I don't remember what it was called. Does anyone know what is a good program, easy to use, for renovating old photos?

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  teamplayer2 Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:01 pm

I have not been on this website on Facebook, though not a general user of FACEBOOK.

I have a lot of old pictures of Rochdale and some not recorded at Touchstones so may try and rejoin facebook to load up if I can. I am talking about some rare ones I have and try and share with others who may be interested.

I will look in later.
teamplayer2
teamplayer2
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartacus Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:10 pm

I am sure they would be very well received, Teamplayer2. Look forward to seeing them. Make sure you tell us where the photographs were taken (if known). Very Happy

Spartacus
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  teamplayer2 Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:44 pm

When I do get them Spartacus I usually do research them. There was a brilliant one on EBAY the other night from the USA. I got outbid by one pound. The price was £34 for the card, but the subject matter and the message on the back made the card quite rare for the area. One of the rare occasions I will push the boat out for the price of the card or an old photograph. There was quite a lot of bidding for the card, but sometimes you are lucky sometime you are not.

I hope the person who won the photograph was from the area and will show it at sometime.
teamplayer2
teamplayer2
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  teamplayer2 Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:00 pm

I got on to facebook and sent a sample picture to see if I could load up a picture. I managed to do this so I will load some old pictures of Rochdale later.

Just hope you enjoy them. I do have a lot of old pictures but a lot would have been seen anyway. So I will see what I can find.
teamplayer2
teamplayer2
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  teamplayer2 Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:22 pm

Loaded up a few pictures these last few days and they appear to have been well recieved. So as long as they are welcome I will load some more up but I will stay away from the most common pictures of Rochdale from the past.

Been asked by a friend yesterday to help a relative of theirs on an history project they are doing of Rochdale for a school. Nice to know some of my collections may be of help to someone and happy to help where I can.
teamplayer2
teamplayer2
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down