Rochdale Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question Time

+4
teamplayer2
southernbelle
johnb
Hinch
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Question Time - Page 2 Empty Re: Question Time

Post  Guest Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:33 pm

PT: I fail to see any great controversy in this and doubt the BBC has exclusive rights on all regular, even long-term, sub-contractors … if you prefer to use that label.
Alison can be seen on different social media sources briefing Question Time audiences in past years.

The company, Full House Audience Management Ltd., did not trade during y/e 30.06.12; maybe that’s your own next conundrum, given your seemingly high interest in this facet.

It’s not mine, as I’m basically interested in Question Time’ contents, the panels and debaters' own rhetoric.

Back to top Go down

Post  teamplayer2 Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:55 pm

Anyone would think that the audience was chosen at random.
teamplayer2
teamplayer2
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Prudence Tempered Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:22 am

Mojo Hill wrote:
PT: I fail to see any great controversy in this

I completely agree and really didn't want to spark a disagreement. I was simply trying to point out that it seems that the BBC HR Department doesn't have input into the choosing of the Question Time audience. It was a great surprise to me when I found out but I promise you that it was long before the incorporation date for the company that you state. So whether it used to have a different name or was constituted in a different way I don't know.

Prudence Tempered
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  teamplayer2 Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:59 pm

So was the audience picked as a cross section of the public?
teamplayer2
teamplayer2
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Prudence Tempered Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:20 am

teamplayer2 wrote:So was the audience picked as a cross section of the public?

I imagine they use the process to come up with some sort of cross-section. Maybe it's meant to be representative of the people that actually apply - in which case why not save ion cost and draw names out of a hat. Or it could be an attempt to produce a cross-section of the country as a whole and would mean that an audience in Salford was basically the same as one in Salisbury.

Prudence Tempered
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Heywoodpp Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:09 pm

When the programme came from Oldham last year a friend offered me a ticket which was one of a number he had been offered through the public service he works for. I was told that we would be on the front row and therefore had been advised to wear a darker coloured shirt, which would have been quite easy for me! Unfortunately I couldn't go.

As for background checks on the audience, one of the audience on that occasion made a very unhelpul comment about the Rochdale grooming trial. This audience member wore a purple clerical shirt and collar, a pectoral cross and a ring on the ring finger of his right hand, ie he was dressed as a Bishop of the Church of England. However he was evidently not an Anglican bishop! If someone can apply for a ticket and then turn up as a bogus Anglican Bishop, I am not sure their background checks are very robust!!!
Heywoodpp
Heywoodpp
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:04 pm

Heywoodpp wrote:When the programme came from Oldham last year a friend offered me a ticket which was one of a number he had been offered through the public service he works for. I was told that we would be on the front row and therefore had been advised to wear a darker coloured shirt, which would have been quite easy for me! Unfortunately I couldn't go.

As for background checks on the audience, one of the audience on that occasion made a very unhelpul comment about the Rochdale grooming trial. This audience member wore a purple clerical shirt and collar, a pectoral cross and a ring on the ring finger of his right hand, ie he was dressed as a Bishop of the Church of England. However he was evidently not an Anglican bishop! If someone can apply for a ticket and then turn up as a bogus Anglican Bishop, I am not sure their background checks are very robust!!!

Heywoodpp: I remember that early May 2012 episode, in which the Rochdale grooming trial was plainly featured as both a main panel and audience topic ... Lots of unhelpful comments and sidetracking were thought to emerge from all quarters on that early programme.

About 20 mins into it, some audience member was even calling for full and frank discussions. Exclamation

It's still available to watch: BBC One - Question Time, 10/05/2012, Oldham

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01hmwqb

I believe the cleric you mention was from a Manchester-based Evangelical group, rather than a serious Bishop impersonator Smile He can be seen on the iplayer recording.

Back to top Go down

Post  teamplayer2 Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:29 pm

Question time is on tonight.
teamplayer2
teamplayer2
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Thu May 02, 2013 12:56 am

Yes tp but it wasn't from Rochdale. Have you been informed 'when' it is to take place - if at all?
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  teamplayer2 Thu May 02, 2013 9:22 pm

Question time is on again tonight Atlas my old fruit.
teamplayer2
teamplayer2
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2