Rochdale Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anti-social Rochdale

+8
Charly
teamplayer2
Poppyanna555
Atlas
Old Regulator
Spartacus
Hinch
cyfrifia
12 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Anti-social Rochdale Empty Anti-social Rochdale

Post  cyfrifia Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:00 am

http://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/2/news-headlines/79808/rochdale-has-high-number-of-antisocial-behaviour-reports

Why does Rochdale score so high in the national league table of anti-social behavior? Are the statistics misleading?

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Anti-social Rochdale Empty Re: Anti-social Rochdale

Post  Guest Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:20 am

cyfrifia wrote:http://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/2/news-headlines/79808/rochdale-has-high-number-of-antisocial-behaviour-reports

Why does Rochdale score so high in the national league table of anti-social behavior? Are the statistics misleading?

One comment already made by the GMP suggested that the figures showed the local public's high levels of confidence in " reporting."

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:19 am

cyfrifia wrote:Are the statistics misleading?

The Cabinet Member For Strengthening Communities, Cllr S Ali, reported to Council on Wed 17 April 2013

Safer Communities: Performance and activity information about Increases in Confidence & Satisfaction

• At the end of December 2012, Rochdale reported the percentage of people who agreed that the Police and Council are dealing with the anti-social behaviour and crime issues that matter to people in their local area, to be 82.2%.
This was a 9.2% improvement on the figure for the previous year, which was 73.0%.
Rochdale is currently the best performing borough in Greater Manchester on this indicator

• Rochdale reported the percentage of people who felt they are able to influence decisions made in their area, to be 75.0%.
This was an improvement of 11.5% points from the confidence rate of 63.5% recorded in the previous year.
Rochdale is currently the best performing borough in Greater Manchester on this indicator.

The methodology for their (Police and Council) performance measuring was not explained in the council report

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:39 am

Methodology is obvious MJH. Think of a number, divide by three, multiply by two and subtract the number you first started with. Pass the remaining figure to the Media Team and await the final media release.

Don't you know ANYTHING?
Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartacus Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:05 am

I could have a field day with this one but unfortunately I don't have the time at the moment.

Spartacus
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Regulator Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:13 am

It is my belief that Rochdale has the same number of offenders, no proof just a belief, as many other towns and the report shows that we as a community are sick to the back dentures of these scoundrels and rapscallions. A big thank you to the Castleton CPSO’s for their diligence in ASBOing and locking up the miscreants.

Hinch beware of irony becoming cynicism leave that to the apparatchiks.

Old Regulator
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:46 am

Oh.Oh. Rapscallions. I didn't know you had them as well Mr Old Regulator! We put traps down for them here. As a definition might that be - Young scrotes working for our dear friend David's RAP left-wing news-sheet? I just love that word - rolls so deliciously off the tongue - haven't heard it for years -. Have you got any more tongue tongue tongue bounce bounce Very Happy
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:13 am

Rapscallion is a nice old word, but does not come close to describing the worst of anti-social behavior, as anyone who has suffered it at close quarters will know.

Whatever is going on in the mind of an individual, or sometimes group of people who delight in blighting the lives of their victims is complicated, but, close up, is as near to evil as anything you are likely to see.

There are gradations of anti-social behavior, but there is a stage at which it becomes an obsessive mental condition, where the anti-social person spends a great deal of thought and energy on making the lives of those around them as nightmarish as possible, going out in the night to throw bricks through windows, scratch cars, slash tires. When people are trapped in their houses, penned in by groups of people determined to insult, intimidate and frighten them, it is difficult to find a solution, and such situations can go on for years.

It can be, and for some people is, a massive problem our society doesn't have much in the way of practical solutions for. The police have started to take it much more seriously of recent years, which of course in an excellent thing, but it's a very sad aspect of the world we live in. When a town is statistically given a high rate of anti-social behavior, and a reputation for it, whether that is fair or not, you can bet people who have a choice will avoid living, or perhaps even going there. Cool

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppyanna555 Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:15 am

After 6 years of suffering from anti-social behaviour at the hands of our local street drug dealers and their customers, the Police and Council are at last, within the last 2 weeks, beginning to take our complaints very seriously. This came about after one of my neighbours approached our local MP and, after a couple of meetings, he asked that the Police and RMBC's 'Community Safety' department come together with us and hold a meeting at our local school. This they did with another meeting scheduled for next month. There has barely been a day since that meeting where I or other neighbours have not been contacted by Police/RMBC to discuss issues and I am coming into contact with either Police or RMBC Officers who are about my area regularly as I walk my dog.

We even have anti-social hens and chickens roaming in Central Rochdale ... harassing the street litter, loudly clucking and leaving their "calling cards" on pavements all around the Entwistle Road/Gower Street area... ah the joys of living in Central Rochdale! Rolling Eyes

Some might say it's 6 years too late, and it is, but better late than never......
Poppyanna555
Poppyanna555
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:55 am

Poppyanna555 wrote:at the hands of our local street drug dealers and their customers,

A high rate of anti-social behavior may well be directly related to the amount of heroin dealing.

http://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/2/news-headlines/79844/250000-worth-of-heroin-seized

http://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/2/news-headlines/77547/750000-drugs-ring-smashed

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:03 pm

Well, driving into Rochdale along Entwisle Road really is a great way to enter the town.

It's true ... fowl are being kept round there & last Sunday the police helicopter and a Tactical Aid Unit were sent to a BIG dispute that was taking place at BACP (Bangladesh Community Project centre) on Ramsey Street, next to the Jalalia Mosque.

As a Gateway to Rochdale Centre, driving down Entwisle Road one day last weekend offered the 'visuals' of chicken running, litter bugging, the chopper hovering overhead and a TAU vehicle of cops speeding to a local community clash.

Like a scene from 'Escape from New York'.

Yes, this is Rochdale.

Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppyanna555 Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:10 pm

Yep, it happened last Sunday and was all about 'elders' fighting over a stolen goat back in Bangladesh 12 years ago....you couldn't make it up!! Sorry, I just did! Razz
Poppyanna555
Poppyanna555
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:16 pm

A rich and diverse community of which we can all feel justly proud... with added goats and wildfowl.

Thank the Lord we have a portfolio holder for Strengthening Communities to ensure that this sort of thing is kept under tight control eh Poppy?
Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppyanna555 Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:25 pm

I wish Hinch....I wish!

There is even rumour that the long standing Printers Arms pub is to be sold on and turned into a Mosque/Prayer House or whatever. Enough is enough! I'm all for community cohesion but I've got to say, if you live in Belfield (as with Deeplish) there is a very strong element of feeling well and truely 'taken over' and pushed out! Mad
Poppyanna555
Poppyanna555
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:06 pm

Unfortunately, my daughter and two grandkids live on Belfield Poppy so I am all too familiar with what is going on. Some VERY dark stuff going around there in relation to 'Rochdale's Little Problem'. Still, it keeps the police, social workers and hopefully eventually the courts and perhaps the Prison Service busy.

There is already at least one prayer house there but I guess some of them need all the divine help they can muster up.

Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppyanna555 Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:12 pm

Yup, you're not wrong Hinch, it will all come out in the wash....I hope! Mad
Poppyanna555
Poppyanna555
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:54 pm

What wash is this Poppy? The white-wash?
Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppyanna555 Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:19 pm

Let's hope not Hinch! Wink
Poppyanna555
Poppyanna555
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  teamplayer2 Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:12 pm

I thought it was a wind up about the Hens in Rochdale until I was driving along Entwisle Road this afternoon. I saw the hens feeding on a grassed area just off the main road. With one hen on the other side of the road, so that chicken managed to cross the road.

I
teamplayer2
teamplayer2
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:06 pm

teamplayer2 wrote:I thought it was a wind up about the Hens in Rochdale until I was driving along Entwisle Road this afternoon. I saw the hens feeding on a grassed area just off the main road. With one hen on the other side of the road, so that chicken managed to cross the road.

I

Teamplayer2: No, it definitely wasn't a wind up, I've also seen them from the Yorkshire Street side; bizarre !

'White-washes' aside, I am trying to find a light side on Rochdale's Anti Social Behaviour statistics: -

The Curry Mile on Wilmslow Road, Longsight, is named as the most anti-social street in Greater Manchester, with many hundreds of incidents taking place.

Perhaps the long and 24-hour licences issued for so many premises there contribute to their late-night social influx by city centre and other binge drinkers. LTBL here ! pale The place seems more like a proliferation district for shisha bars nowadays; hardly the place to go for great curries anymore.

Back to top Go down

Post  teamplayer2 Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:08 pm

Could it be an Hen Party coming back from the pubs and clubs? Shocked What a Face
teamplayer2
teamplayer2
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:48 am

Why did the chicken cross the road?

Because it was frightened by the noise from the police helicopter and the gun-toting members of the Tactical Aid Unit.
Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 01, 2013 10:14 am

Vandals cause thousands of pounds damage and threaten residents

http://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/2/news-headlines/79961/vandals-cause-thousands-of-pounds-damage-and-threaten-residents

The report states it’s prolific vandalism, happening right across the borough, with threats made to residents. ------ confused Shame the vehicle registration number or numbers haven’t been reported, or helped stop these delinquents.

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartacus Wed May 01, 2013 10:33 am

My thoughts exactly, Mojo Hill.

I note from the account the vandals have threatened residents who questioned them so a fuller description (apart from "a red van") should have been forthcoming. Due to the fact the police have failed to issue a fuller description (yet again) I am going with past experience of these now familiar and uninformative police reports and have formed the opinion the culprits are "Asian".

Spartacus
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppyanna555 Wed May 01, 2013 12:35 pm

As controversial as your comments might sound to some, I am inclined to agree Spartacus! These 'uninformative' Police statements seem to be pretty much reserved for crimes committed by Asians.... but you soon learn to read between the lines.

I walked down Entwistle Road yesterday, hens all over the place on both sides of the road. Why isn't this being dealt with? what happens when someone crashes their car trying to avoid these fowl crossing this busy road? Softly softly tactics....again towards a certain section of the community?!
Poppyanna555
Poppyanna555
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next