Rochdale Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anti-social Rochdale

+8
Charly
teamplayer2
Poppyanna555
Atlas
Old Regulator
Spartacus
Hinch
cyfrifia
12 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Anti-social Rochdale - Page 7 Empty Re: Anti-social Rochdale

Post  Hinch Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:33 pm

You have very clearly taken this particular bull by the horns Poppy and are getting what is known as 'the run-around'. Don't know what else to suggest.

You seem to have unwittingly come up as the meat in the sandwich in between two slices of bread known respectively as 'local politics' and 'community relations'.

Why do things have to be so complicated? It's a straightforward matter of rubbish removal and enforcement of existing legislation.
Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppyanna555 Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:09 pm

Indeed Hinch, I can't think of anything more that I/we can do.

To be fair, whenever I have rung the Call Centre a ticket is issued for clearance immediately as I learned today when my RMBC contact confirmed same but, no-one is getting to the bottom of it because it IS probably a long hard slog!

I am not knocking the Council staff as such, I think many are surely 'up against it' as we are.

Our Kingsway Councillors on the other hand......... ??? !!!!!  

Oh, and Ghulam Rasul Shazad promised me an update in his email dated 3/6...... I am still waiting!

Poppyanna555
Poppyanna555
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:03 pm

Poppyanna555 wrote:   extract

Our Kingsway Councillors on the other hand......... ??? !!!!!  

Oh, and Ghulam Rasul Shazad promised me an update in his email dated 3/6...... I am still waiting!

Poppyanna: Some of your contacts, Community Leaders and, Err, Community Champions, have been busy, both sponsoring and collecting their  ‘ Rochdale Diversity Awards, ‘ …. these had as just two of their aims

• to showcase positive case studies that address the race diversity/equality challenges within the borough.

• to showcase the work being done to support and promote cohesive communities in the borough.

Now you've explained that big bin chained to the lamp post up your way is actually for a shop's butchered meat waste, I am stunned and disgusted at all the goings on.    

I don't think you need to ' walk on eggshells; '  the public, private and voluntary agencies surely have statutory Duties Of Care and legal responsibilities ?    

Conscience and parity seem to have gone to the dogs or, in your case, to those pecking chickens

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:10 pm

Poppyanna:   I came across this today and I thought of you Wink . 

Definitely a Coop 

http://www.cleanfunnypics.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/1098455_626651097352714_384438528_n.jpg

Lets face it, LHD two-door cars are more fun than modern vehicles. You don't have to break the bank for a stylish coupe ...

6 weeks later, how is the detritus situation?  Progress, at last?

Anti-social Rochdale - Page 7 Chicken-Coop-in-Old-Car

Last edited by Mojo Hill on Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:59 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : add 'coldlink' result)

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppyanna555 Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:03 am

MJH, I'm afraid I could not open your link, I got the following message: The owner of this website (www.cleanfunnypics.com) does not allow hotlinking to that resource (/files/thumbs/cgnanplgapklal.-big.jpg).

The chickens seem to have disappeared from Entwistle Road I see, don't know where they've gone (unless they ended up as dinner during the EID festivities)!  The chickens on my row seem to have vanished too.....hmm.

We have started to see a marked improvement on the 'detritus' front'.  RMBC have come down quite hard, or so I am led to believe, on the persons in charge at the Prayer House who, I believe  have since complained that they are not happy with the manner in which they were spoken to by an RMBC representative (race cards could have been played during this gripe Shocked  ) but, whatever was said, it seems to have done the trick! (for the moment at least).

I believe further inquiries are being made regarding the paperwork showing names/addresses that I personally plucked out of the discarded rubbish.

I have decided to distance myself from it all from now on and let the ' powers that be ' take control of the situation.

Poppyanna555
Poppyanna555
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:31 am

So - have the chickens come home to roost? Or are they still causing traffic hazards?
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppyanna555 Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:22 am

Wondering if they have ended up on the dinner table .....they appear to have disappeared from Entwistle Road, Gower Street and not sure they are still on my street even, all vanished around EID so you can draw your own conclusions Atlas. Laughing
Poppyanna555
Poppyanna555
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:57 am

Ah well. I suppose some bits of their culture have a use if only to clear the streets of fowl pests. I dread to think what would have been the situation had the same thing happened when I lived there in the 1950's - but then again I do know - they would have disappeared within minutes - chickens? Loose? For the taking thereof? We only ever got chicken at Christmas. My how times do change. Glad I live here -Wink Very Happy
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:25 am

Atlas wrote:

My how times do change. Glad I live here -Wink Very Happy
Glad you live somewhere in Wales, far from the vibrancy of Rochdale, Atlas?

With the way things have gone and are going for the UK, choosing the right place to live makes a big difference, probably rather more than it used to?

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:11 am

It was already very evident in the 1970's when I still lived in the Dale that things were going very fast downhill. We tend to be that which we are born into and although there was some immigration (mainly Irish and Eastern European) and we still had violence on the streets (mainly from drink or gang related) it was evident that a sea-change was happening on both scores. I had a choice to make and (fortunately) the wherewithal to make it. I could have stayed and made lots more filthy lucre and put up with the changes. Instead I chose to make a clean break and take myself off somewhere where I could be pretty sure things would be very different. Don't be kidded - such does have its drawbacks - they are however minor irritations when taken against what would have been the case had I chose to remain at 'home'. I live in a comparatively safe environment in beautiful countryside with reasonably clement weather - and I have more than enough to keep me busy. We can't really expect much more in this world - as things stand. Fair fortune - and remember - he who dares wins.Very Happy Very Happy 
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:54 am

Much of the anti-social aspect of Rochdale seems to be about taxis and takeaways.

This chap went for a taxi. http://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/2/news-headlines/82336/man-suffers-broken-jaw-in-unprovoked-assault

And this chap went to a takeaway. http://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/2/news-headlines/82337/man-punched-in-face

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Chill37 Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:21 am

cyfrifia wrote:Much of the anti-social aspect of Rochdale seems to be about taxis and takeaways.

This chap went for a taxi. http://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/2/news-headlines/82336/man-suffers-broken-jaw-in-unprovoked-assault

And this chap went to a takeaway. http://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/2/news-headlines/82337/man-punched-in-face
Yes that may be the situations where these acts took place.   But I'm more concerned about the unprovoked aspect.  Was the person who broke the victim's jaw drunk, or maybe on some illegal substance perhaps, or just an utter muppet who lashed out to get ahead of the queue.

Hence why I am glad i dont venture out in any of the boroughs at night time, in case I get lamped or worse by the feral s**m that inhabit the area when the person in question is reported to just be watiing for a taxi or waiting for food.  Now I'm not saying Manchester or Bury or other surrounding towns  doesnt have the same issues. I've seen arguements kicking off but they die down just as quick, but clearly Rochdale is in the news a lot more than other areas at this moment in time for all the wrong reasons. Its not doing anything for us at the moment.  

Just a quick Google search brings up numerous incidents. For example, mulitple people hurt by person running them over in his car as he was refused admission by a club.  These people had nothing to do with it but minding their own business.  Person murdered in nightclub by people travelling from outside Rochdale, or Night club bouncers themselves beating up a reveller at the old Nile Nightclub.  So, not good really all round.  its getting worse.

Chill37
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:52 pm

Maybe it is getting worse, opinions may differ about that, but yes, the 'unprovoked' aspect of attacks is disconcerting. At least if you can see trouble coming, you can avoid or prepare for it, but nobody wants to be constantly alert for unprovoked and 'out of the blue' attacks. Too stressful.

Is Rochdale any worse than other towns for this kind of thing? Again, a matter of opinion. Sometimes it seems pointless hoping for a better society if it's the actual population that are the problem. It's tempting to call for harsh sentences for crimes of violence against the person, but before doing that, we would have to build a lot more prisons, as the ones we have are already over-stuffed.

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7