Britains got talent?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Britains got talent?

Post  Charly on Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:57 pm

How can an Hungarian act win Britains got talent?
Surely the clue is in the title?
It's not called Europes got talent or The worlds got talent!

Really disappointed for the 14 year old comedian Jack Carroll, he should have won in my opinion Sad
Charly
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Re: Britains got talent?

Post  johnb on Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:06 pm

They were the best act - obviously within the rules or they would not be on.

Skip the xenophobia for once - and a 14 year old with cerebral palsy doing "crip" jokes doesn't really send out good signals either.
johnb
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeanie on Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:17 pm

Charly wrote:How can an Hungarian act win Britains got talent?

Really disappointed for the 14 year old comedian Jack Carroll, he should have won in my opinion Sad

I actually agree Charly they are fantastic but it is Britians Got Talent ,we have so much talent in Britian yet Britain lost ???
Jeanie
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:47 pm

Charly wrote:How can an Hungarian act win Britains got talent? Surely the clue is in the title? It's not called Europes got talent or The worlds got talent!

According to the media, Jack Carroll has already cracked Hollywood. ‘The 14-year-old aspiring comic was invited to join ‘A’ list stars last week, including Seth Rogen and Vince Vaughn, at YouTube’s Big Live Comedy Show in Los Angeles.’

He’s already landed a book deal and the BGT boss is also lining up TV and DVD agreements for him with the potential to make the 14-year-old a millionaire.

Jeanie wrote: ------------ it is Britians Got Talent , we have so much talent in Britian yet Britain lost ???

The BGT show is potentially open to any act of any age - amateurs or professionals; personally liked the way shadow-dancing ‘Attraction’ thanked their British audience.-------- http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/britains-talent-favourites-attraction-plan-1939098.

Perhaps Britain did win, by its voting audience’s impartial ability to vote for unique artistic talent/ performance ??

Last edited by Mojo Hill on Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch on Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:36 am

I thought that the young, female songwriter should have won but the Hungarians give a great, original performance. The ventriloquist was also highly entertaining.

Wasn't that impressed by the guy in the wheelchair but good luck to him. Had he not been in a wheelchair, he'd never have got through the auditions never mind the final.

The young schoolkids who danced were very good.

I'm not really interested in nationality issues. In fact, I'm not really sure what being British means anymore.
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  southernbelle on Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:29 am

Charly wrote:How can an Hungarian act win Britains got talent?

Sorry but who cares about this trite mindless viewing? Or its trite mindless results? Read a book, play CandyCrush , talk to you family, do nothing. Any of these pastimes are, in my humble view, better than watching such garbage. My daughter has made me watch part of it a couple of occasions......never again.

Hating TV generally is a major pastime of mine! But that's probably another thread!!!
southernbelle
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  Charly on Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:18 am

southernbelle wrote:

Sorry but who cares about this trite mindless viewing? Or its trite mindless results? Read a book, play CandyCrush , talk to you family, do nothing. Any of these pastimes are, in my humble view, better than watching such garbage. My daughter has made me watch part of it a couple of occasions......never again.

Hating TV generally is a major pastime of mine! But that's probably another thread!!!

Candy crush? Candy crush? You have to be joking SB , now that is what I call mindless garbage along with Facebook et al... and its a bit difficult to talk to others if you're sat on your own night after night.
My enjoyment is watching some tv, I don't consider it a trite mindless pastime. Reading books isn't one of my favourite things to do, by the time I've read the episode I have to go back to check up who 'Mary' is Embarassed
If we all did the same things and had the same hobbies there would be no such thing as variety...how boring would that be?
Charly
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Charly on Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:23 am

johnb wrote:

Skip the xenophobia for once - .

Now why am I not surprised YOU would come up with something like that?
Why call the programme BRITAINS got talent, why not EUROPE, THE WORLD, ANYONE .?
Charly
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  southernbelle on Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:03 pm

"If we all did the same things and had the same hobbies there would be no such thing as variety...how boring would that be?"

OK, you are right on that point!!!

One of my hobbies is car booting, particularly when I find a delightful lady and her daughter selling delicious samosas!!! cheers
southernbelle
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  Tinkerbell on Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:12 am

They met the criteria so all power to their elbow. Simon Cowell said so himself. they were by far the best act on there.If they out do the Bbritish "talent" (irony intended) then good luck to them.
Tinkerbell
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas on Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:32 am

I have no problem watching the wannabees and the talented - it's the mindless, cretinous, sycophantic lovies in-between I can't stand. I stopped watching any of them (talent/dancing/singing) as over the years the so called 'presenters/judges/I love me who do you love' gang of nobodies have tried successfully to take over what did start off as a pleasant form of 'variety' shows.

Charly your claim not to read books is not strictly true is it? You have read all of mine.
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Charly on Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:50 am

That's true Atlas, but I found yours very entertaining and I couldn't put them down, I found them easier to read as I can relate to the places mentioned Smile
Charly
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  teamplayer2 on Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:58 am

With the egg throwing it is looking like a whole lot of tripe to me.

The lady who caused trouble throwing the eggs. She has claimed that she was one of the backing musicians at the back. Claiming that they were only miming to the music to the singers who were on. So claiming to be a live show yet with all the musicians at the back just miming. How can that be talent. Miming seems to be creeping into music in a lot of cases and just putting on a show and looking pretty. How can that be talent?

So you are telling me that a lot of singers who come on with musicians in the background are not for real but only there to make the show look more spectacular and a few pretty faces at the back. That is the whole thing about a talent show is to show just how real you are to be talented and live. We get enough crap in the pop music industry today. We do not need anymore in a talent show that claims to be live.

Glad I did not watch any of it if the backing musicians are only miming.
teamplayer2
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Dalelad on Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:07 pm

Miming just creeping in? It's been going on for many years, TP.
Dalelad
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  teamplayer2 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:51 pm

That is why I do not watch a lot of the music on tv Dalelad. What I can see, it even happens on some live concerts these days. If not before..
teamplayer2
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top