Post  teamplayer2 on Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:53 pm

Like the politics in Rochdale Atlas.
teamplayer2
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Re: I sense a 'pause' - for reflection?

Post  Hinch on Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:53 pm

Working for the NHS is akin to being a dishcloth. They use you, wring you out and toss you aside without a second's thought when they've finished with you.

One day you are flavour of the month, the next you are on the shit-list.

Seen it happen to so many over the years. Biggest crime these days is not about delivering piss-poor care but more to do with not hitting your targets or not staying within your cash-releasing efficiency savings (CRES).

I would never recommend them as an employer.
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas on Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:12 am

affraid But all organisations do the same Hinch, to a greater or lesser degree. It's the nature of the beast. One could almost say it would be impossible, for the continuance of the project, to do otherwise. Even to the end result of the passage of time and a working life span. What you are referring to are the 'cadaver rats' you meet along the way - the best intentioned - the I know better idiot - whose malicious intentions are to remove you and crawl belly-down into your sphere of influence by maligning you and others in some futile pointless bid to ingratiate or better themselves at your expense - even to the point of lies and rumour-mongering. Ahh - life as we know it Jim. Doesn't it gladden the cockles.Wink Very Happy Mad Rolling Eyes Surprised Cool Laughing 
Atlas
Starfleet Commander
Starfleet Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:06 pm

‘ Reflection ’ … on The Gift of Life      

Humbling ?

Its been reported: - ‘one of Wesley’s kidneys and his pancreas has gone to a 50 year old recipient.   His other kidney went to a young woman who had been waiting 2 years for a transplant.    Half of his liver went to a woman who was close to dying, and the other half to a very young child in need; all the transplant beneficiaries are making good progress. ……..    

Rochdale killing: Wesley Clutterbuck's organs donated after he dies in attack

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/rochdale-killing-wesley-clutterbucks-organs-4807397

As a ‘chronologically gifted’ person with a history of some dodgy organs and weak vision, I do sometimes wonder if my old bod would still be of any transplant use!

Organ Donation registration still seems to be a sensitive subject for many potential donors    

All credit to the young marine, Wes, who made his own wishes known and ‘gifted’ to four other lives.

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas on Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:39 am

Like a Star @ heaven A young man who for all the right reasons was prepared to take life and for all the right reasons was prepared to give life. I can't fault that. All credit to him and his family and best wishes to those who may live a fuller life due to his selflessness.Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven 
Atlas
Starfleet Commander
Starfleet Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia on Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:12 am

Organ transplanting has it's supporters and those those who object to it. Mostly it's well thought of and all credit to Wesley for donating his organs.

What I hope there will be no difference of opinion about is that the fact that Wesley at 21 years, and his friend at 19 years were both killed not far away by apparently meaningless criminal violence is a completely unacceptable state of affairs.

Last edited by cyfrifia on Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas on Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:13 pm

" Cyfrifia wrote    What I hope there will be no difference of opinion about is that the fact that Wesley at 21 years, and his friend at 19 years were both killed not far away by apparently meaningless criminal violence is a completely unacceptable state of affairs.

Well there are obviously those who think it 'is' acceptable - that all those whose beliefs are non-Islamic are fair game for removal by fair means or foul. It's not murder, simply infestation eradication of the non-believers. I suppose they take the same view of the rest of us who have no beliefs at all. We are probably classed as 'mentally deficient', unable as it were to see the 'light'. Arrogance, ignorance and stupidity all rolled up together. They obviously don't possess a mirror.Sad

Atlas
Starfleet Commander
Starfleet Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top