Rochdale Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hinch's hat band

+2
Jeanie
Hinch
6 posters

Go down

Hinch's hat band Empty Hinch's hat band

Post  Hinch Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:59 pm

No, not THAT sort of band you fool. I mean 'banned'!

Hinch and his hat are a menace to society. Was told to remove my headgear in a good real ale pub in Rawtenstall a few weeks ago as they were banned. Reason? "Security." Were it a ski-mask, hoodie or balaclava, they might have had a point but this was my second-best trilby bought on Fifth Avenue, New York for Chrissakes.

Then, last Tuesday, was in Southport in a Holt's pub,The Imperial wearing my very smart, blue and white, needle-striped flattie. Again I was told to remove it. The 'reason' this time was 'rules'.

What is happening to the world? Is this 62 year old fart threatening the social order with his nifty head-gear? Where is the logic?

Next time I'll be ready for 'em. When it happens again I'll tell them about my ongoing chemotherapy and about my hair coming out in handfuls and watch 'em squirm. It worked at a lunchtime concert at St Mary in the Baum. Boy, did that sanctimonious old crone look embarrassed. 

So, I won't be going in The White Lion at Rawtie anymore or The Imperial at Southport.

Last edited by Hinch on Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Hinch's hat band Empty Re: Hinch's hat band

Post  Jeanie Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:00 pm

How ridiculous whatever next !!!Shocked
Jeanie
Jeanie
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:46 pm

Hinch wrote: No, not THAT sort of band you fool. I mean 'banned'!

Hinch and his hat are a menace to society. Was told to remove my headgear in a good real ale pub in Rawtenstall a few weeks ago as they were banned.  Reason ? " Security."   Were it a ski-mask, hoodie or balaclava, they might have had a point but this was my second-best trilby bought on Fifth Avenue, New York for Chrissakes.

Then, last Tuesday, was in Southport in a Holt's pub,The Imperial wearing my very smart, blue and white, needle-striped flattie. Again I was told to remove it.   The 'reason' this time was 'rules'.

What is happening to the world? Is this 62 year old fart threatening the social order with his nifty head-gear? Where is the logic?

Next time I'll be ready for 'em. When it happens again I'll tell them about my ongoing chemotherapy and about my hair coming out in handfuls and watch 'em squirm. It worked at a lunchtime concert at St Mary in the Baum. Boy, did that sanctimonious old crone look embarrassed. So, I won't be going in The White Hart at Rawtie anymore or The Imperial at Southport

you failed to mention the ‘horns,’  the Wi-fi surgical implants,
some recent ‘ Burka ‘ activities,  and your notoriety for succumbing
to passive-aggressive breaches of civility to make a point.

Ever tried going bare-footed into different hostelries?    

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:01 am

Well his floopy frightened the crap out of my cafe staff the day he came to Wild West Wales. Made my day I have to say.Very Happy
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  teamplayer2 Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:38 pm

Funny old country at the moment. Why would wearing a hat offend?
teamplayer2
teamplayer2
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:59 pm

teamplayer2 wrote:Funny old country at the moment. Why would wearing a hat offend?

Perhaps you missed a point TP ?   The subject was the wearing of a hat, like a flatty, or the frightening floopy :?:referred to in Wild West Wales,  indoors   

Fashion, social or identity statements, versus weather protectors, or what ...

Anyway, apart from the obvious rainwear, what item(s of clothing should we expect people to take off indoors, either in a public or a private place, that you'd expect to be able to wear with impunity outdoors, and why ? Rolling Eyes    Or even visa versa ?    Different rules/expectations for men and women?   

Back to top Go down

Post  teamplayer2 Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:20 pm

Well we will all go nude then.affraid 
teamplayer2
teamplayer2
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:25 am

When my female friend attended a Buckingham Palace garden party last month, she was told that she had to wear a hat. Her hubby was told he mustn't wear one. Summat to do with court etiquette no doubt.

I wear hats simply because I like 'em and even wear one in the house, as indeed I am now. In my childhood, virtually all men wore a flattie, trilby or bowler.

I've always worn one on holiday; usually a panama but in past 3-4 years, I have worn one most of the time and now have about 20. They have become a bit of a trademark.

If pubs don't want me to wear my hat indoors, they should provide hatstands.

My current favourite is my Stetson trilby made in Germany. I would love a genuine boater and a striped blazer.

Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Dalelad Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:12 pm

I wonder how much trouble hooded youths have ever causing in real ale pubs over the years? Not a lot, I'd guess.
Dalelad
Dalelad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:19 pm

Trilby-wearing gang of OAP's cause riot in Witherspoon?
Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Dalelad Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:35 pm

Hinch wrote:Trilby-wearing gang of OAP's cause riot in Witherspoon?

I can imagine there's been a lot more of that since free travel passes were introduced.
Dalelad
Dalelad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:40 pm

To say nothing of drink-sodden, mobility-scooter driving OAP's weaving about drunkenly at high speed along our pavements with no penalty points or threat of disqualification to worry about.
Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:48 pm

Hinch wrote: I would love a genuine boater and a striped blazer.

Have you tried wearing The Porkpie then Cool 

http://www.artofmanliness.com/2008/03/01/bringing-back-the-hat/

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:43 am

Always fancied a leather one MJH but narrow brimmed hats don't suit me and I don't want to go around looking like some rude-boy gangsta. My friend has one made of p*gskin but it might cause offence.
Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  hovis Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:56 pm

8 years ago just before Christmas my husband 15 year old daughter and l were meeting my son in Manchester at about 6-30 in the evening. We had arranged to meet at a café in the printworks we were all stood at the counter while my husband was ordering coffee for us and juice for my daughter, who barely l came up to the counter top. As it was winter my daughter was wearing a woollen hat and matching scarf. A member of staff asked her to remove her hat, when l asked my daughter why and she said, well its so that l can be recognised on the CCTV if l commit a crime, or start a fight. Well my husband and l couldn't complain as we were laughing and continued to laugh for about 10 minutes. My daughter 7 years later is just a shade over 5 foot and takes size 3 shoes, so how threating did she look. I have to say it still makes me giggle when l tell the story. Having said all that have always through Hinch looks shifty with or without a hat.

hovis
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:53 am

You think he looks shifty now! Boy you should have seen him in the 1960's. Oh dear.Wink 
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:59 am

I had a lot to look shifty about in the 60's.
Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  teamplayer2 Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:31 pm

70s. 80s, 90s, 00s.Razz Cool 
teamplayer2
teamplayer2
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander