Rochdale Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Racist breakfast?

+6
johnb
Voddie
teamplayer2
Poppyanna555
cyfrifia
Hinch
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Racist breakfast? - Page 2 Empty Re: Racist breakfast?

Post  Hinch Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:43 pm

Norden man given ASBO after waving his p*rk sausage in front of Asian neighbour?
Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:34 pm

Hinch wrote:Norden man given ASBO after waving his p*rk sausage in front of Asian neighbour?

Laughing Laughing  but boars' trotters to your *PC lingo. Asians certainly can eat hogs; it's practicing Muslims who don't.

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:30 am

How long do they have to practice before they can?Question 
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:06 am

Racist breakfast?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2013/jul/03/bbc-deep-liberal-bias-immigration

A recent report finds the BBC failed to report public concerns about immigration. Whether immigration could have been controlled, or is just a fact of a disintegrating nation in a troubled world is debatable, but opinion and debate being stifled by the BBC, and others, was damaging in itself. As the Bishop of Liverpool said in his goodbye speech today, the public have lost trust in almost all British institutions.

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:00 am

Mojo Hill wrote:
Hinch wrote:Norden man given ASBO after waving his p*rk sausage in front of Asian neighbour?

Laughing Laughing  but boars' trotters to your *PC lingo.  Asians certainly can eat hogs; it's practicing Muslims who don't.

As you are aware MJH, Asia used to be a continent but with boundary changes, it now refers to the countries of Pakistan and Bangladesh. (Formerly knows as East and West Pakistan, distant outposts of the British army in the days of the Raj.)

I can assure you, my knowledge of geography and world affairs is second to none as I am an avid reader of the Daily M*il.

This little unclean animal went to market.
This little unclean animal stayed at home.
This little unclean animal had roast halal beef.
This little unclean animal had none.
And this little unclean animal went wee wee wee wee....
All the way home.
Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:57 am

No Muslims or Asians live on my street so had my mid-morning breakfast of b*con sarnies with impunity in my conservatory.

I do love to live life on the edge.
Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Hamid Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:34 am

Not all Muslims behave in this fashion. I respect all traditions and cultures as long as people have peaceful intent.
Hamid
Hamid
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:43 am

" Hinch wrote .....   As you are aware MJH, Asia used to be a continent but with boundary changes, it now refers to the countries of Pakistan and Bangladesh.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

?  So what did you do with India, with over 1.2 billion people, in that strange twaddle about defining (South) Asia.     Living life on the edge of what  scratch     

Back to top Go down

Post  Dalelad Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:36 pm

Hamid wrote:Not all Muslims behave in this fashion. I respect all traditions and cultures as long as people have peaceful intent.

Good to hear from you, Hamid. I agree, as do millions of others. Sometimes I think that people take offence on behalf of others just in case. We all need to relax a bit I think.
Dalelad
Dalelad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:29 pm

Yes, good to hear from you Hamid. A nice relaxed and peaceful life is what most people would want, but, Hinch describes the situation fairly well with his post at the top of the page.

Hinch "No Muslims or Asians live on my street so had my mid-morning breakfast of bacon sarnies with impunity in my conservatory."

Sounds very relaxing, but, not everyone lives in such easy going circumstances.
(and I dare say Hinch has worked long and hard to get there.)

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  teamplayer2 Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:40 pm

Until somebody stokes up the Chiminea cyfrifia.Wink affraid
teamplayer2
teamplayer2
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Hamid Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:54 pm

I was raised in the Muslim tradition but do not go to mosque unless it's a family wedding. I also wear western dress and enjoy alcohol now and again. I tried pig meat once by accident when I had a hamburger at a soccer match. Have also had ham and pineapple pizza a couple of times. I avoid pig meat not for religious reasons but it is just in my culture not to eat it. I sometimes hear myself referred to as asian or paki. I am neither.

Why cant people just get along and not worry about were they come from?

Hamid
Hamid
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:05 pm

Quote, "Have also had ham and pineapple pizza a couple of times."

Sorry mate, can't give you the job after all. Smile 

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:05 am

scratch pale 
Hamid wrote:I was raised in the Muslim tradition but do not go to mosque unless it's a family wedding. I also wear western dress and enjoy alcohol now and again. I tried pig meat once by accident when I had a hamburger at a soccer match. Have also had ham and pineapple pizza a couple of times. I avoid pig meat not for religious reasons but it is just in my culture not to eat it. I sometimes hear myself referred to as asian or paki. I am neither.

Why cant people just get along and not worry about were they come from?

I don't eat toasted locust because you can't get them over here but I doubt my culture would deflect me from eating anything I wanted to eat could I obtain it - however - each to his own. But that isn't the point is it? The point being made was that someone choose to form an opinon of another person simply from an off the cuff remark which taken in the wrong context could have resulted in legal proceedings and court cases and goodness knows what. The culprit in this matter is today's over-blown, ludicrous, narrow-minded PC 'culture' that is being paraded around our society like some god-given right - which it most certainly isn't and which does less than nothing for this nations future both socially or nationally. Time this generation hardened up on it's sensibilities before we all end up ripping each others throats out.Sad Suspect No 
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:47 am

Atlas said "The culprit in this matter is today's over-blown, ludicrous, narrow-minded PC 'culture' that is being paraded around our society like some god-given right - which it most certainly isn't and which does less than nothing for this nations future both socially or nationally."

Political correctness does come into this unhappy incident in a big way. Political correctness, or 'thought engineering' has always been problematical, disconnecting what people think from what they can say.

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Dalelad Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:21 am

Of course we are assuming that the report is correct and the issue is entirely with a one off comment about bacon butties. May well be more to it.
Dalelad
Dalelad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:45 am

All credit to his own openness ... Mr Hunt was reported to have added the comments: “When the manager called me, I was driving and I got increasingly exasperated as he kept on telling me I should admit to my wrongdoing for referring to bacon sandwiches. In the end I told him to ‘sod off’ and put the phone down.  They have blown this out of all proportion.”

I agree wholeheartedly with Atlas's sentiments about PC 'culture'

Back to top Go down

Post  Voddie Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:00 pm

I have to admit I'm a culprit of calling people Asian but that's another I hope I didn't offend them, moment.

We have new neighbours at home who are Muslim and the first few days our children played out together and we chatted it was hard work as we both seemed to be trying so very hard not to offend each other.

The lady next door stated she was going to pass me over some food but thought I would not take it because she was Muslim but I did assure her if I refused its just coz I am a weakling where spices are concerned.

Since then we have enjoyed a nightly chat over the wall whilst the kids played and exchanges of baking from my side and rice and chicken and little patti lentil cakes(didn't catch the name) from her.

And so our conversation is now much easier now we just talk chat as two mums Smile
Voddie
Voddie
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:50 pm

Voddie says " it was hard work as we both seemed to be trying so very hard not to offend each other."

Nice that you are getting on, but yes, it is hard work integrating cultures that come from completely different places and have completely different beliefs, ideas, backgrounds, instincts, food, religion, likes, dislikes, marriages, customs, family structures and relationships, expectations, clothes, music, ways of dancing, things that do and do not offend and disgust, traditions, educations, employment  arrangements, attitudes to law and politics, and rubbish disposal habits etc. Hard work that has been completely sidestepped by governments who have allowed and encouraged mass migrations with hardly a thought to all the work needed to even make a start on integration.

People are people, and as long as misunderstandings are avoided, which is not as easy as it sounds, can usually get along. The problem is, with those completely different cultures and ideas, one cannot be forced upon the other, and often neither can be happy about always living with the results of those cultural differences.

Last edited by cyfrifia on Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:56 pm

We can't have everyone just getting along with each other. The idea is preposterous. We have a whole industry devoted to promoting the differences rather than the similarities and shared values.

What about our esteemed community leaders? There would be no need for them. Wholly unthinkable.
Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:13 pm

With sunny weather forecast now, it may be useful to know that it is recommended to remove sunglasses and establish eye contact when approaching community leaders.

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppyanna555 Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:03 pm

We have only one Asian man on our small street and his property is a disgrace and an embarrassment to the rest of us neighbours.  He has wooden planks nailed together for a double gate (you can only imagine what that looks like)! His fencing is made up of various doors he has nailed together and his curtains are rags knotted in the centre of his windows.  The property was painted white when he bought it, but is now painted a sickly custard colour that ends half way up ending at various levels where he either ran out of paint, inclination or both (and it it has looked this way for the last 2 years, so I don't think he is in any hurry to finish the job).

He is missing several roof slates on his abysmal excuse for an extension due to previous anti-social behaviour whilst the property was empty that he never made good.

Chickens strut in his concrete garden among a sofa, computer chair and other rubbish and this junk has been accumulated only weeks after the Council ordered him to clean his garden up.

He doesn't use a washing line or pegs, instead he wraps his washing all around the ornate metal fencing in his back yard, what a blinking eyesore to us and all that pass.

This is the first property you see as you drive or walk up to our row and, as far as I and several of my neighbours are concerned, he has single-handedly devalued the rest of our properties big time.

He obviously has zero interest in the upkeep of his property, it is obviously just somewhere to lay his head, but this mindset has implications for the rest of us.

Do I want to integrate with him?....HELL NO!

Poppyanna555
Poppyanna555
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:57 pm

Poppyanna said "he has single-handedly devalued the rest of our properties big time."

Yes that does and has happened in quite a few places, particularly in Lancashire, with ordinary people's lives and finances badly damaged. A lot depends on the local authority, most are completely unable, or unwilling, to deal with the problem.

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  teamplayer2 Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:42 am

Funny over the years working in the NHS and a couple of other jobs working with people from other countries. I found them to be hardworking and very nice and polite in most cases. The ones who seem to be having a problem with political correctness about what we eat and what we say are mainly the English people who want to control on what we do.

How many times I must have sat in an hospital canteen  or care homes I have worked in eating with the staff from other countries and faiths, I have never known any to object or comment on what I eat or drink. Just carried on with their lives like the rest of us.

Also been in shops  as a customer where we have other people from other faiths or any culture serving me. Never been any problems selling hot cross buns or any other food that is suppose to offend them.

Also a family who live near me from Pakistan, we have got on with them since we moved in the area. Just cannot understand where the people who are prepared from the extreme side of any faith or race are going with certain ideas on political correctness.

Yes there are some problems in this country but we need to work together on it. One of Atlas comments on one of the post was bang on.
teamplayer2
teamplayer2
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2