Rochdale Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Simon's nice little earner

+5
johnb
teamplayer2
Atlas
Chill37
Hinch
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Simon's nice little earner Empty Simon's nice little earner

Post  Hinch Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:07 am

Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Simon's nice little earner Empty Re: Simon's nice little earner

Post  Chill37 Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:36 pm

Well an MP job sounds good. Six grand pay rise overnight.

Not bad.

Chill37
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:41 pm

It's known as 'taking the p*ss' Chill.
Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Chill37 Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:14 pm

Indeed. Possible with the word Royaly at the front of.

Chill37
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:05 pm

What a read   Evil or Very Mad  : -

http://northernvoicesmag.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/simon-danczuk-mp-looks-after-himself.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed:+northernvoices+(Northern+Voices)

Ah! perhaps it’s really another philanthropic gesture by Danczuk , so he can donate his £1,000. a day remuneration to those owed money by Urban Visions Limited, that traded as Vision Twentyone;  You know …. his former Manchester-based company that was ‘liquidised’ only 2 years ago, owing £222,000 to creditors including £113,140 to HM Revenue and Customs.     Trafford Primary Care Trust was just one of the creditors.     

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:16 am

Here we go, good causes.   Wink            He said he was helping an old friend out with her business: -

http://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/2/news-headlines/81408/mp-says-he-was-helping-friend-not-taking-a-second-job

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:29 am

I'm glad he isn't a friend of mine. What would he have charged had they not been a friend? Methinks the whole thing stinks.affraid 
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:29 am

At the end of the day, it is small potatoes by parliamentary measuring. Many MPs are doctors and lawyers with very lucrative practices or routinely maintain a sheaf of business consultancies , shareholdings and directorships.

Set aside this, SD's little earner is like  paper round money.

I had a lot of doubts about Simon when he was first selected as candidate and then got elected but all things considered, he has not done a bad job and is considerable better than the MPs for Rochdale that I can remember; Jack McCann, Cyril Smith, Liz Lynn, Lorna Fitzsimmons and Paul Rowen. He has never been afraid to speak up for Rochdale, even when this has put him at odds with his local party.Credit where it's due.

I do think that MP's pay increases should reflect those being awarded in the public sector in percentage terms. The current rise is a piss-take.
Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:54 pm

Atlas wrote:  -----  Methinks the whole thing stinks. 

Atlas: Wink  and some may think that your nasal passages are objectively 'well honed.'

Simon's nice little earner Depositphotos_5027060-Leprechaun

Back to top Go down

Post  teamplayer2 Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:57 am

I see our local MP is against the proposed pay rise for the MPs. Though they are saying they will be forced to take it because a quango say they have to take it. They do know how to get round things, "We have no say in it".

Who set up this quango in the first place?

Anyway while a lot of people are suffering during the present financial crisis. Any MP who does take the pay rise and decides to keep it. Do not bother coming to my home looking for votes. You may not like my reply.
teamplayer2
teamplayer2
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  johnb Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:10 pm

It seems you can't win:

The whole point of setting up an independent review body was to make fair evaluation of what the MPs are worth and what their fair renumeration should be.

Okay, the government have set aside the independent review bodies for the public sector and imposed pay freezes and below inflation settlements.  In fairness, thre was not a lot of sympathy for workers in private industry who had seen redundancy, short time working, imposed pay cuts and imosed freezes for the previous six or seven years when public sector had seen inflation plus x rises - and inxcremental additions on top.

So, if we are going to have a review body, lets have one for all public sector workers, equipped with the same song sheet, and lets make sure that the government abides by all the decisions.
johnb
johnb
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  teamplayer2 Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:21 pm

Fair point JohnB
teamplayer2
teamplayer2
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:34 pm

Analysis of MPs’ expenses for 2012/13 reveals how Greater Manchester had the country’s top food expenses bill-claiming MP’ : - Rochdale MP Simon Danczuk

He was also the second highest claimant in the country for accommodation – almost £29,000.  

Mr Danczuk is reported to have commented, “Unlike the majority of MPs, I have a very young family and this is why my London accommodation costs are higher.”

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:03 am

If he does a good job for the town and its people - stop whinging. There are many far worse.Surprised 
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Chill37 Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:37 am

Atlas wrote:If he does a good job for the town and its people - stop whinging. There are many far worse.Surprised 
Does he?

He comes out with some views opposite to what has been said.  But no alternatives.  He is holding a cake morning.  Then what?

When did you last see him in the area you live in?  

Yes I suppose there are worse.  Oh, wait there is - The majority of those in power in Rochdale.

Chill37
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Prudence Tempered Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:54 am

Atlas wrote:If he does a good job for the town and its people - stop whinging. There are many far worse.Surprised 
No, there aren't.

Prudence Tempered
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Dalelad Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:17 pm

Mojo Hill wrote:

Analysis of MPs’ expenses for 2012/13 reveals how Greater Manchester had the country’s top food expenses bill-claiming MP’ : - Rochdale MP Simon Danczuk

He was also the second highest claimant in the country for accommodation – almost £29,000.  

Mr Danczuk is reported to have commented, “Unlike the majority of MPs, I have a very young family and this is why my London accommodation costs are higher.”

What always get's my goat in regard to this is that I use my wage to pay for my family. Why do MPs get to keep their wage and seemingly claim everything else they spend back as allowances?

Dalelad
Dalelad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Chill37 Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:59 pm

Where is he staying?!

The Ritz?

Theres me thinking Travel Inn rooms are pennies. Why not stay there.
A while ago I posted on RO how about building a block of flats for MPs.

Intial cost will be re couped in no time.

Chill37
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:21 pm

Atlas lad - I did not document a "whinge."  

However, your instruction / authority rattled me, to the extent that I did write quite a lengthy reply commentary           

It TIMED OUT, and I darned well lost it all Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:34 am

C'mon peoples, what do you want for your money???? You want the best, commited towards your asperations, working 24-8, killing themselves to help you get a better world? Try a million ackers a year and then you might just crack it. Look around. Open your eyes. Seen the rest of the world have you?? You think yours are bad? Not worth the dosh?? Try working with a glass half-full for a change. It might 'brighten' your day.Wink Rolling Eyes Surprised Smile Smile 
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Chill37 Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:18 am

Atlas wrote:C'mon peoples, what do you want for your money???? You want the best, commited towards your asperations, working 24-8, killing themselves to help you get a better world? Try a million ackers a year and then you might just crack it. Look around. Open your eyes. Seen the rest of the world have you?? You think yours are bad? Not worth the dosh?? Try working with a glass half-full for a change. It might 'brighten' your day.Wink Rolling Eyes Surprised Smile Smile Smile Smile 

Well it seems we dont get a lot for a WHOLE lot of our money.

Chill37
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:14 am

Atlas wrote:C'mon peoples, what do you want for your money???? You want the best, commited towards your asperations, working 24-8, killing themselves to help you get a better world? Try a million ackers a year and then you might just crack it. Look around. Open your eyes. Seen the rest of the world have you?? You think yours are bad? Not worth the dosh??          Try working with a glass half-full for a change.  
It might 'brighten' your day

Yes, C'mon indeed !    Perspective and context needed.  We already know that very many of our MPs have time for 'other' positions and interests.      A parliamentary 'week' isn't routinely 5 sitting days, it's 4, and each member has their own back-up teams for constituency and parliamentary 'work.'    The factual observations I reproduced were about an MP for a Rochdale constituency in Britain.  

The following was documented in April 2013: -   MPs will not be back in Westminster for very long after they come back on May 8.         They go on holiday again on May 22 for their Whitsun break of more than a week.         They then return on June 3, but leave again for their lengthy six-week summer break on July 19. They come back for two weeks in September, and then have another three week autumn break during party conference season.          Before you know it, their next week’s break in November leads quickly to their Christmas/New Year break ...  

Assuming full attendance Rolling Eyes   when Parliament is sitting, there is no 'tough' framework to commute for.    A suggestion of this MP regularly taking young children along, causing notably raised London accommodation expenses, appears .... err, mildly expressed, to be a surprising explanation.  Housing costs should surely be a 'normal' salary outlay for one's family members.

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppyanna555 Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:04 pm

Our local Ward councillor, married to Simon Danczuk, turned up at one of our neighbourhood meetings earlier on in the year with both her children.  After 10/15 minutes she gave her apologies on account of her two bored boys and left.

Best 'get out' clause going.....Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Poppyanna555 on Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Poppyanna555
Poppyanna555
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:49 am

SOMEONE has to be in charge of whatever you want doing otherwise NOWT gets done. YOU put them there. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT YOU GET. NOW you've got it STOP moaning. Perhaps you will do better next time - who knows. - - - - - One things for sure - YOU WON'T - Until you've tried HIM OR HER. Could be tons better - could be tons worse. That's democracy for you.Wink Wink Wink Wink 
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Chill37 Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:49 am

Atlas wrote:SOMEONE has to be in charge of whatever you want doing otherwise NOWT gets done. YOU put them there. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT YOU GET. NOW you've got it STOP moaning. Perhaps you will do better next time - who knows. - - - - - One things for sure - YOU WON'T - Until you've tried HIM OR HER. Could be tons better - could be tons worse. That's democracy for you.Wink Wink Wink Wink 
Well I suspect that a lot of the current Cllrs got in on more of a protest vote, after the Lib Dems imploded and a number of them betrayed all the grass roots support and spent more time on forming another party instead of putting the very people and Town that they were voted in on to represent in the first place. Come the next Local and General Election, I strongly suspect the remaining Lib Dems will be voted out again on the way they sold out to get a bit of power and they backtracked on a pledge to vote against Student Fees, which lead to Nick Cleggs video on Youtube apologising for their election pledge and voting the fees in..

So now we are seeing how Cllrs behave - such as Cllr Burke turning up to a meeting with kids in tow. I've not even seen Cllr Brett in Newhey, then maybe they will get voted out next time.  But for now we have three more years of their antics.   All the while taking a nice little wage packet from us for their trouble.   Yet all the while Rochdale sinks.

Chill37
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum