Radical Islamists in Rochdale

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Radical Islamists in Rochdale

Post  Hinch on Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:39 am

http://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/2/news-headlines/81812/hizb-uttahrir-active-in-rochdale

High time that someone had the courage to publicise this. An open secret for years to those in the know but all kept schtum about in the name of community cohesion. About time the portfolio holder for 'Strengthening Communities' got on the case.

One person who posted a comment asked "Whatever happened to free speech?"

Well, 9/11, Drummer Lee Rigby and the grooming issue might just have something to do with people rethinking this particular issue.
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Re: Radical Islamists in Rochdale

Post  Poppyanna555 on Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:46 pm

I read up about the organisation when I used to work for the council.

This Hizb ut-Tahrir (HT) is banned in virtually all Arab nations in the Middle East, such as Jordan, Syria, Lebanon and Egypt.

It is banned in Tunisia and Libya and also Turkey.

* It is even banned in Saudi Arabia, Pakistan and Bangladesh.

It is banned in all the former Soviet states in Central Asia and in Russia.

It has been banned in Germany and is also banned in the Netherlands, and so forth

Yet in Britain and it seems that here in Rochdale it remains free to carry on.

WHY?    

HT openly seeks the destruction of democracies and the establishment of a Sharia-driven Islamic super-state.  

Does anyone really give a toss, or is it too community ‘sensitive’ to handle, as a religion-based task force?

Poppyanna555
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch on Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:09 pm

A skim through the forums on their website gives a good thumb-nail sketch of the mindset of the average HT supporter. Basically they think that the West has declared war on Islam and this is evidenced by any attempt to protect our own borders or prevent terrorism.

This is not just a folksy group promoting religion and culture, it is a political group that, as Poppy says, has been banned in many Muslim countries for their activities.

Whilst not openly promoting violence, they certainly seem to sow and spread the seeds of discontent and mistrust that lead to it.

Why adherents to their cause should choose to live in the hated West defeats me, unless they have a more covert agenda.

I would be finding out if the owners of the Rochdale cash and carry store had any role in supporting or encouraging these people if I were a councillor in Milkstone and Deeplish.

I am reliably informed that posters advertising their meetings are widely displayed and that some of their activities, including the 'mentoring' of youngsters takes place in community centres funded by the council tax payer.
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeanie on Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:01 pm

No wonder we are in a mess, far too many people afraid to speak out on issues like this !

Jeanie
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:32 pm

Poppyanna555 wrote:    

Yet in Britain and it seems that here in Rochdale it remains free to carry on.   WHY?

Under Blair and Brown an answer was that a ban would only drive it underground, but that's where it's most active anyway !    It's bizarre that we've local media publicity for something that's been going on locally for many years.   If you live in Deeplish, then we get the HT leaflets about events pushed through our letterboxes and roadside handouts for their campaigns aren't unusual.  This is Rochdale.   You know about them and are given their leaflets outside the mosques as well.   They blame all social and political ills on "democracy" and Western ways.  Their words and articles are more cautious than they used to be, since the laws about extremism.  

The group has had numerous front groups, which dissolve and then rename themselves.  It has also had different websites, where documents and photos used to appear, only to be removed when attention was drawn to them.  In recent years, more Hizb members have presented themselves 'publicly' as articulate, and even moderate.  

HT is no stranger to attempts at destabilising sectors, communities and nations.    

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch on Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:49 am

For those of you seeking more information on the types of influences that some of Rochdale's youth were absorbing at the Castlemere Community Centre circa 2007/8, the following short video might be instructive.

Some people even thought Youth Circles was a council-run initiative; which it wasn't.

Is this sort of thing completely harmless? You decide. (I wonder if royalties were paid to Al Pacino and the owners/distributors of 'Scarface'?)

http://www.mondemp3.com/video_0zLrA-dlr_8____Rochdale-Youth-Thug-Life-Series-Circles.html
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas on Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:18 am

I suppose one must decide upon the 'context' within which it was displayed and what went before and after.
It just seemed like a series of graphics and attached gang-gear being worn for a sort of weird 'with-it' like effect. It was sort of 'entertaining' but I wasn't crazy about the music.Cool Rolling Eyes 
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia on Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:36 pm

Hinch wrote:

High time that someone had the courage to publicise this. An open secret for years to those in the know but all kept schtum about in the name of community cohesion.

Does 'keeping schtum' about anything really help community cohesion?

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:21 pm

cyfrifia wrote:

Does 'keeping schtum' about anything really help community cohesion?

Naw. Evil or Very Mad However, HT rhetoric is considered to routinely put a highly-crafted accent on Islamophobia, which is then regularly utilised as a defense mechanism against criticisms or external review.       It's suggested that this tactic is intended to silence critics and provide a blanket of protection under political correctness.    

With this blanket of protection, HT is then able to spread anti-Western, anti-Semitic, anti-homosexual, and anti-feminine rhetoric .. without fears of confrontation, or 'open' appraisal, etcetera  

Seen by some as an Islamic ‘cult,’ HT are deeply opposed to democracy and fervently believe that people should only live by their own ‘take’ on God-given Shariah law.  

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:24 pm

Atlas wrote: I suppose one must decide upon the 'context' within which it was displayed and what went before and after.
Atlas: If people aren't bothered about local activities, current examples of openly published HT 'ideology' appear enough to at least raise caution about indifference.   Perhaps there's some mistaken NIMBY views ...  

July 2013, UN

The fifteen year old Pakistani schoolgirl, Malala Yousafzai, shot in the head by the Taliban last October

current HT narrative about this : -

' Western governments, institutions and politicians have exploited the Malala Story for their own political goal of intensifying the propagation of Western secular, liberal values to women and girls in the Muslim world through education,  -  and to weaken their Islamic identity and values.'

' Coupled with this, secular Western-backed regimes in the Muslim lands have allowed the influx of liberal culture into their states through their entertainment and advertising industries as well as through implementing a secular education system.       This culture that sanctifies sexual freedom; sexualizes, objectifies and degrades women; and encourages men to treat women according to their desires, has contributed to the high levels of sexual harassment, bullying and rape in the schools and streets of countries such as Pakistan, Bangladesh, and Egypt.     This has caused many girls and women to feel reluctant to venture outside of their homes to seek an education. '

I'm not reproducing any more of their PR for such an organisation, but suggest that ignoring their permanent blame-game spiel, policies, beliefs, resources, and their denigration of all democracies may be considered naïve and unsafe.

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas on Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:56 am

I watched the short video and in itself couldn't decide its purpose other than to display various aspects of gang-land culture and dress. Without having attended the 'full' programme I can't say further.

I appreciate your comments regarding the inculcation of the young into extreme fundamentalist thinking by these organisations and agree wholeheartedly that it is a 'crime' against humanity in as much as 'all' religions and politics taught, to the extent some are, to the infant child are an abuse whichever way you want to look at it. Beliefs should be based upon rationalities which in the young come slowly and with experience of life and should never be 'overridden' by those who would wish to convert or entice for their own gain.
Yes. I know I have banged this drum frequently on here but even at my old age I remain to be convinced that religions and politics taught 'too early' and quite often by people who have an 'agenda' are anything but a 'bad' thing.
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top