Rochdale Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pay rise for council leaders?

+10
Heywoodpp
cyfrifia
Jeanie
Inside_rochdale
Atlas
Hamid
Dalelad
Hinch
Chill37
teamplayer2
14 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Pay rise for council leaders? Empty Pay rise for council leaders?

Post  teamplayer2 Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:05 pm

Anybody seen the proposed pay rise for the lead exec of the council in Rochdale. News story covered by Hinch on Rochdale Online.

Anyone like to comment why he should get a big pay rise when others have suffered because of cutbacks.

teamplayer2
teamplayer2
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Pay rise for council leaders? Empty Re: Pay rise for council leaders?

Post  Chill37 Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:21 pm

Snout in the trough could be a good starting point?

He doesnt deserve a pay rise, no one in RMBC deserves a pay rise.  More a pay cut or lose their job.  A right shower they are.

Chill37
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:19 pm

Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Dalelad Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:28 pm

You have really to to wonder how these peoples brains work. The salary was good enough for him when he took the job, so how on earth can the rise be justified? What's the point of slimming down if you are just going to share the savings out among the already rich? Disgraceful.
Dalelad
Dalelad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  teamplayer2 Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:29 pm

I have emailed my local councillors and Councillor Lambert objecting to the pay rise. Will I get a reply?
teamplayer2
teamplayer2
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:43 pm

When I have my reporter's hat on I try to be really objective but you can't help your thoughts running amok.

Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  teamplayer2 Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:51 pm

I would have plenty to say about it but in a constructive way. Though if most councillors in the Labour Party agree with the pay rise then I would hope they would stay away from my home come election time. I would not want any information or any leaflets from them. They would not be welcome due to this proposed disgusting pay rise for the Chief Executive and due to what the public have had to go through in the last few years. This with job losses and all the financial problems people have had to put up with.

Sorry Councillor Lambert you appear to be out of touch with voters feelings in the town of Rochdale. You can quote me Hinch and I am past caring what the Councillors think anymore, because it is obvious if they all agree with the pay rise then they are not worth my vote.
teamplayer2
teamplayer2
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Hamid Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:03 pm

I do not see how any Labour councillor with honour can vote for this. Their low paid members get 1% of very little but this chap gets 30% of a very great salary. This cannot be Labour policy or have we switched to a parallel universe?
Hamid
Hamid
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:47 am

This official will get what he has been offered regardless of any complaints or objections anyone on here wishes to offer by way of indignation. He will tell you he doesn't set the salary or the rise and it is therefore not attributable to him personally. He has no axe to grind and is entirely blameless.
The people you really need to aim your arrows at are the 'salary setters'. That nameless bunch of rapacious
bandits who control and ensure that the well-endowed remain well-endowed. To do that you need your MPs and the House of Commons to put a stop once and for all to this obscene abuse of power. Until then - your wasting your time.Evil or Very Mad

Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Dalelad Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:54 am

No he's not blameless, Atlas. He's a greedy so and so. He can easily say no.
Dalelad
Dalelad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Chill37 Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:22 am

Dalelad wrote:No he's not blameless, Atlas. He's a greedy so and so. He can easily say no.
Of course he could have said no.   But he didnt, he has seen cash signs in his eyes.

Utter utter disgrace.

Bunch of losers we have in charge.  Clearly they do give a monkeys for the Town they serve.  Pleading poverty and slashign EVERY service in Rochdale Borough yet can give an obscene pay rise in this case.

Again i will say how much more crap do we have to put up with the antics and failure of the people in charge of RMBC before some thing is done.

Chill37
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Chill37 Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:26 am

teamplayer2 wrote:I have emailed my local councillors and Councillor Lambert objecting to the pay rise. Will I get a reply?
To be blunt - NO!

Chill37
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:21 am

Dalelad wrote:No he's not blameless, Atlas. He's a greedy so and so. He can easily say no.
Call me a greedy SOB DaleLad but if someone offered me another £42K a year, I wouldn't say 'no'.

Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Inside_rochdale Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:31 am

The only way of changing it is by putting so much pressure on Lambert that he U-turns.

He'll whip and punish the Labour group within an inch of their lives if they vote against so only changing his mind will do anything.

The best way to do this is by emailing labourgroup@rochdale .gov. uk as it'll mean the public are undermining him in front of his entire group.

Inside_rochdale

Back to top Go down

Post  Chill37 Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:39 am

Hinch wrote:
Call me a greedy SOB DaleLad but if someone offered me another £42K a year, I wouldn't say 'no'.

I have nothing against bosses getting hugh pay rises if they are running a sterling company leading.promoting etc 100% service fore front of their chosen field. Looked upon as a guidling light/beacon.

Then we have Rochdale - of which this man has taken charge of and is responsible for. 

A utter failure of a Social Services area where our Towns children were allowed to be abused.  Democracy being over rode at a meeting- then it was broadcast on national television.  Critical services cut to the bone, and pretty much into the bone now.  Council Tax rises once derided by Cllr Lambert in opposition but waved through when in power.  Oh and democracy ignored yet again with 'cooking' of how the figures are reported on Council Tax Rises .  A pointless shopping centre allowed to be passed for construction.  Crumbling roads.  Our intelligence insulted on re-cycling, when at Christmas just gone recycling was dumped into the same refuse truck as everything else.  Oh and that was after the whole  refuse departement was allowed to take off as a holiday!

List goes on.

So can anyone show me what improvements this man has doen since taking in charge.  Apart from the usual s**t answer of Lessons will be learnt.
So come April with another rise in Council Tax  willl we see more begging etc.

Taking the pee really doesnt come close to describing this.  Isnt this mans wage now more than what the Prime Minister gets paid for the running of the whole of the United Kingdom!!!

Chill37
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Chill37 Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:41 am

Inside_rochdale wrote:The only way of changing it is by putting so much pressure on Lambert that he U-turns.

He'll whip and punish the Labour group within an inch of their lives if they vote against so only changing his mind will do anything.

The best way to do this is by emailing labourgroup@rochdale .gov. uk as it'll mean the public are undermining him in front of his entire group.

To be honest, no amount of emailing Cllr Lambert wil change this.  Lets not delude ourselfs.  Cllr Lambert and his merry group are as equally guilty of ruining Rochdale and ignoring basic democracy. What makes you think he will change or vote against this mega pay rise.

Chill37
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:05 pm

It's certainly a good story for RO. 51 comments in 24 hours plus way ahead of the local rag. Just a pity that the story is yet again one that puts us in a bad light.
Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeanie Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:08 pm

I hope that when the proposals go to full council next week there is a Named Vote "for & against" this so we can see who really does care about the huge cuts of £45m to services and the loss of 150 jobs ?

How can the Leader of the Council justify £40.000 That's only the start, I believe Mark Widdup Economy & Environment's pay is to rise from £61,536 to £108.987 . The others will come out soon I am sure !!!

Just disgraceful and shocking Shocked
Jeanie
Jeanie
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Hamid Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:53 pm

I am hoping that people will examine their hearts and consciences before this vital meeting. There is no way that people with integrity can vote for this. Perhaps the meeting could be attended by those on a pay freeze.

Premiership wages in a low division town. Many council staff only get £12,500 per year as cleaners etc.

Hamid
Hamid
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  teamplayer2 Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:04 pm

Had a reply from a Councillor to my email. Has asked me to speak to them. So I will speak to the Councillor but does appear to share the same concerns as the rest of us. Perhaps a massive demonstration from the public outside the Town Hall before and during the meeting to show how disgusted we all are.
teamplayer2
teamplayer2
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  teamplayer2 Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:35 pm

Jeanie wrote:I hope that when the proposals go to full council next week there is a Named Vote "for & against" this so we can see who really does care about the huge cuts of £45m to services and the loss of 150 jobs ?

How can the Leader of the Council justify £40.000 That's only the start. I believe Mark Widdup Economy & Environment's pay is to rise from £61,536 to £108.987 The others will come out soon I am sure !!!

Just disgraceful and shocking Shocked 
Yes Jeanie a Councillor has emailed me and made the same comment you made about others who may be in line for a big pay rise. We will be discussing soon. Still waiting for replies from two other Councillors but do not hold much hope for that.

teamplayer2
teamplayer2
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  teamplayer2 Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:42 pm

Is Labour in Rochdale really representing the best of Rochdale by the proposed pay rise? Do they really care about people who have suffered because of the cut backs? Is there money in the town or not for the people who really need the services?

I await your answer Councillor Lambert.
teamplayer2
teamplayer2
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Dalelad Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:46 pm

Hinch wrote:

I'd like to think I'd at least think about it, as Chief Exec of an organisation which was laying folk off, and giving others a 1% pay rise.
Dalelad
Dalelad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:11 pm

If the rationale for this pay rise is to attract 'better' people to the job of Chief Executive Officer of R.M.B.C., how does that justify giving it to Mr. Taylor, who is already in post? Will it turn him into a 'better' person?

Or, if the reason is that Mr. Taylor may desert his post unless given this pay rise, that would imply zero commitment to the job and to the town.

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:46 am

Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next