Rochdale Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Screwed by the post office

4 posters

Go down

Screwed by the post office Empty Screwed by the post office

Post  keithatrochdale Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:24 pm

Has anybody else had this problem?

I got a card from the sorting office saying there was insufficient postage on two items; now these items were taken into a post office, weighed and stamped.

Somewhere along the line they have put on weight, as my local sorting office is trying to charge me £7.20 as the sender did not pay the full postage.

This is the second time this week they have tried this, earlier in the week a large letter changed from a large letter to a small parcel.

It seems that there is a problem between post office counters and the delivery service - but why should the customers be made to suffer?

Now the post office supply the scales to post office counters that are used for weighing stuff and it automatically prints out the weight, price etc. But at the delivery office they do it by hand - so how do the two not agree?

This must be a nice little earner for them and the customer suffers!

This could be something for ROL to look into I think; it is tantamount to robbery IMHO.
keithatrochdale
keithatrochdale
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Screwed by the post office Empty Re: Screwed by the post office

Post  Hinch Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:52 pm

What a bloody rip off.
Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppyanna555 Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:22 am

This happened to me over Christmas when I got a card through my door telling me I owed £1.09. As I was expecting a parcel from Germany I went online to pay up but I couldn't move forward until I had paid £8 in 'duty! Still I paid thinking it was for the parcel I was expecting from Germany, only to find that my'parcel' was a slightly larger than average Christmas card posted from Sparth Bottoms! I duly complained and got my £8 back!
Poppyanna555
Poppyanna555
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:38 am

It is possible the weighing machinery hasn't been checked (there's a word for it - I forget) electronic or otherwise and that the two pieces of machinery give out different weight totals. You should contact Weights and Measures with your complaint ASAP - number available through your local council - as many others may be suffering the same fate. None of which would be the operators fault (blame games) - unless someone is on the fiddle. Wink 
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  keithatrochdale Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:12 am

Just to update you; the excess postage on the large letter has been refunded in full without an arguement; sadly the ticket for the parcels has been lost, so no chance of fighting that - I guess most people just pay, a nice bit of extra income.

Atlas the scales are provided by the ones that run the delivery side of things and if there is a problem then they have only have themselves to blame.

keithatrochdale
keithatrochdale
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:45 am

Nay nay say I. I take your point but the charge should be that which is charged at the point of collection by the carrier - in this case the Post Office and should not, under any circumstance, be otherwise. It is a receipt of payment for a service provision and they are duty bound to stand by the charge made at the outset of the transaction not at the end. I still think something is badly wrong here and should most definitely be challenged. Is there a Ombudsman or organisation overseeing the Post Office? If so I would inform them of your displeasure and ask for a clarification as to the legality of such practices???
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down