Youth unemployment down

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Youth unemployment down

Post  keithatrochdale on Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:59 pm

I had to laugh to myself when I heard this on the radio, well yes, maybe, but this is probly due to changeing the rules so lots do not now qualify.

Cynical, well yes maybe, but in the past the figures have been massaged by deducting people on training courses from the unemployed figures.
keithatrochdale
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Re: Youth unemployment down

Post  Dalelad on Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:39 pm

I heard the phrase 'lean jobs' used today. Another word for part time. There are loads of folk in less than full time jobs who would love more work.
Dalelad
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas on Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:06 am

A 16 hour week is classed as 'in work' and qualifies for Tax Credits etc. Therefore is it surprising that 'lean jobs' are also included as 'employed' and ergo not 'unemployed'.

The same rules are being applied world wide in order to calculate on a similar basis throughout, in order to attain stats and data that compliment.

We all 'know' that unless one is receiving a 'living wage' we don't personally class ourselves as 'fully employed' but that criteria is no longer used by those who would have us less concerned regarding such 'matters'. There's lies and damned lies and statistics - Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Atlas
Starfleet Commander
Starfleet Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top