Rochdale Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysian flight MH370

4 posters

Go down

Malaysian flight MH370 Empty Malaysian flight MH370

Post  keithatrochdale Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:23 pm

This is a very worrying and strange occurance.

No trace or wreckage have been found, despite big efforts.

With today's technology, tracking, satellites, spy planes, etc., how can there be no information?

I am sure that some of the 'security services' must know, or was it one of their mistakes?

keithatrochdale
keithatrochdale
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Malaysian flight MH370 Empty Re: Malaysian flight MH370

Post  keithatrochdale Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:52 pm

As an example of what tracking is available to the general public, let alone to the authorities or military,

Have a look at this site http://www.flightradar24.com

keithatrochdale
keithatrochdale
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:07 am

A cool website, Keith.

It seems the pinging from the missing aircraft was picked up by American satellites, and it probably took them ages to extract the right pings from the satellite, so it seems quite possible Malaysian security genuinely don't know much. It is all a definite mystery though.

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:00 am

No doubt some imaginative Hollywood producer/director will now come up with a plausible scenario and call it 'Lost' or some other imaginative title and produce a million episode series that bores the pants off people for all eternity - Rolling Eyes Wink 

But to be serious - I could conjure up a dozen different scenarios all of which would be plausible and 'workable' to answer the question - what the hell happened here? Yet until evidence is produced which bears out a factual reason for this 'unusual' episode we shall all have to 'wonder' and 'worry' and 'speculate'. There are many things Horatio twix heaven and earth - and so on -. Rolling Eyes Wink 
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  keithatrochdale Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:56 am

It now seems, by the latest press release, that the radio was intentionally turned off. And if the tracking transducers were turned off too, then the plane would be much more difficult to track. This also gives weight to the terrorist theories.

The reluctance of information can only make the search more difficult, have they had other information they have not shared? Like a ransom demand?
keithatrochdale
keithatrochdale
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:50 am

I would consider that unlikely keithofrochdale. Such would be the diplomatic fall-out as to render that scenario a non-starter. However - stranger things have happened. An extra 7 hours flying time would have enabled the aircraft to cover a minimum of three and a half thousand miles. That's one hell of an area in any given direction.

Was I writing a story of that ilk, I would of course had a jungle runway pre-prepared and a holding pen and coms and a roving com by which to make my 'demands'. All plausible of course but unlikely. More a question of a psychotic pilot gone do-lally and not wishing to die alone. Or a 'plan' that went wrong???? We shall see - someday. Rolling Eyes

Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  keithatrochdale Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:13 am

Atlas wrote:
More a question of a psychotic pilot gone do-lally and not wishing to die alone. Or a 'plan' that went wrong???? We shall see - someday. Rolling Eyes 

There is more than just the pilot up front, even if he did have some sort of breakdown, seems unlikely from comments from people that know him and have commented on his mental state.

I also hear that the engines continued to transmit service data back long after the radios etc were turned off.

keithatrochdale
keithatrochdale
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Chill37 Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:30 pm

I have to ask the question why are the pilots allowed to have acess to transponders etc. Should not be able to.

Chill37
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:02 pm

Apparently some of the transponder equipment has to be turned off when the plane is on the ground at an airport, or it will blather the airport radio communications. Surprising they haven't found a technical fix for that as yet.

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:14 am

They didn't have access to the engine transponders/data emissions or otherwise they would have 'known' how to turn them off. A fault in the plan eh? There's always a 'snag' somewhere in the commission of nefarious activities. That's how most people end up getting nabbed. This may yet be the 'undoing' of the 'Strange Case of MH370' or as Agatha might have titled it 'Murder by Altitude'. Question Question Question
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:56 am

Looks like my three and a half thousand miles was underestimated - but not far off the mark I warrant. Loopy pilot or similar could also have been a good bet. I have yet to meet any of these 'strange' happenings coming within conspiracy or spiritual or alien parameters. It may however be a very long time before the 'actual' facts on this one are lain to rest due to one hell of a lot of water. Crying or Very sad Rolling Eyes
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:30 pm

If a passenger jet flown by an expert pilot over the ocean, slowed carefully, skimmed the waves and sank into calm waters without much damage, would it remain water tight? How long would the passenger oxygen tanks last? Are the passengers sitting at the bottom of the ocean watching octopuses and sharks out of the window?

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:25 am

Very possibly. HOWEVER - It is now approaching winter in that part of the Indian Ocean. This ocean has normal 120ft swells - thats troughs of sixty feet or more between crests. Not smooth. It has winds this time of year averaging 80 knots on a good day. Not gentle. An aircraft liner of 777 size would break up in a multitude of pieces regardless of how it happened to 'land' (I would use the word 'smash' myself - but what do I know!). Lovely though cyfrifia - but -. Nay lass. Rolling Eyes
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:55 am

Latest radar fixes show a mass of debris. 120 different peices at last count. This may of course be a red-herring - but somehow I don't think so. Time somebody somewhere gave out the 'rest' of the 'known' information regarding what is known about the passengers and more importantly 'the crew'. Smacks of an inside job.  

Homo et lupus etc etc.

Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum