Rochdale Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guff and still more guff.

3 posters

Go down

Guff and still more guff. Empty Guff and still more guff.

Post  Atlas Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:17 am

It's amazing how the intentions and quasi-promises drip off the tongues of the plethora of disingenuous politicians we have in this country today. Recently the 'labour' majority Assembly of Wales have been having some bad press. They haven't been doing too well on the NHS or Education here in Wales and local election time is coming around and not too far now to the General Election and so -: The next Labour Assembly here in Wales will reinstate the Labour Governments 50p tax so callously dumped by the Coalition as and when the next Labour Assembly Government get their own tax raising powers.

So that means if they get re-elected. If they are granted Tax Raising powers and if it suits their purpose at the time. I wouldn't be amazed if they managed the first two requirements, but as for the latter - well that's so far off in the clouds even the bird life wouldn't attempt to fly through it. Wales barely exists as a viable commercial/industrial area. It has 'deprived' area status (as classified by the EU) and it is going to institute a harsher tax system than that of the rest of the UK in order to entice more investment and enterprise. Anything wrong with that proposal anyone????? Give me strength.

When are they going to start treating their electorate like 'grown-ups' I wonder????? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Evil or Very Mad What a Face 
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Guff and still more guff. Empty Re: Guff and still more guff.

Post  cyfrifia Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:28 am

There is much guff that no one is interested in. Guff perhaps more immediately relevant is the guff talked about the safety aspect of recycling. England and Wales have seen several huge, pollutive fires at recycling plants recently.

There is plenty of guff talked about the environmental benefits of recycling, but with huge recycling dumps like this
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/rumney-recycling-fire-aerial-footage-6895730
Regularly burning, it's dangerous guff.

Now smoking rates have dropped, air pollution is the leading cause of lung cancer, still a big killer, in the UK. Toxic fires like this kill people. Those who talk guff about the safety of such recycling centres should give up that habit, it is harmful to them and to others around them.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/firefighters-tackle-blaze-salford-recycling-6767694
http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Recycling-firm-durector-jailed-10-months/story-20753454-detail/story.html
http://www.letsrecycle.com/news/latest-news/waste-management/kent-rdf-firm-prosecuted-by-london-fire-brigade
http://www.retfordtoday.co.uk/news/local/worksop-recycling-centre-fire-is-finally-extinguished-after-9-day-battle-1-6476383
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/local-news/fire-ravages-parry-evans-paper-2761218

This is just a small sample, there are so many fires at recycling centres. When you sort out the plastic from the paper, you might as well think of it as kindling.

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:40 am

Perhaps as well that 75% of it goes abroad for sorting then isn't it. Couldn't run a 'p***up' in a brewery most of them. Sad though isn't it!!!!!! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes 
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:15 am

Atlas wrote:Couldn't run a 'p***up' in a brewery

We do seem to be at a point in the social history of Britain where organisation, communication, responsibility, management and planning are all in a rather dysfunctional phase.

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:20 am

Our society has lost it's 'need' to work as a team. In a sense it comes from too much prosperity and not enough need. We don't seem to understand that a fairly comfortable life has its down side in that we care less for others and see less need to try. Today it's always somebody else's fault and the council should do this or the government should do that when anybody with half a wit can see that responsibilities start with the individual - not some faceless cretin elsewhere. We accept too much carelessness, negligence and abuse as if there is nothing we can do about it. Previous generations didn't have that luxury. The fight began with the individual and was carried by the close community. Wrongdoing was stamped upon. And the 'don't cares' where made to 'care'. But to go back to that would be against one's 'human rights' -. What a cop-out that is. Evil or Very Mad I even heard the other day that our illustrious politicians were going to discuss bringing in laws to protect children from mental abuse by others, especially parents -. Even a certified lunatic would be able to give a million reasons why that couldn't possible work - but it was a very serious suggestion. Just one example where we have negated our responsibilities and handed our society over to the mad-house. So - having already done that - what do we expect???
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:10 am

Well there an indictment if ever there was. Nobody disagrees. Definitely had it then have we! Sad 
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:08 pm

The Welsh experience of devolution seems to be very disappointing; at least in respect of health and education. One of my many Welsh friends told me recently that there are additional problems in some of the large metropolitan areas in the South where the teaching of English and Welsh proves particularly difficult in homes where neither is their first language.

Much of the country is, at best, post-industrial and plans to rebuild or rebadge the country as a prospering industrial, Western economy are likely to remain stuck in the stalls.

Plaid Cymru seem to offer no solutions other than to wrap themselves in the flag and encourage more male voice choirs, tourism and Eisteddfords. Even my mate, a former active member of the Free Wales Army describes them as 'a bag of shite'. Says they are run by academics and monied 'professional Welshmen'. Labour sound to be making an unenviable situation decidedly worse.

I lived in Wales pre-devolution and always felt welcome and included but that was in cosmopolitan Cardiff. I know that the experience of incomers in West and North Wales have been very different.
Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:58 am

Yes Hinch. It is extremely sad that considering the problems both social and economic here in Wales all we ever seem to hear about is 'we should be like Scotland' and 'we should spend as much as possible promoting Welsh and its language' neither of which would help one jot to better the lives of this country's inhabitants - whether indigenous or incomer.
I live in a Welsh speaking area. Recently I canvassed all the schools in this area roughly 30 miles radius, approx 240 in total, and asked the question - " If I send to you sufficient cards for each of your pupils. How many of each do you want in Welsh and how many in English"? Can you guess the answer? Over 200 asked for all the cards to be in English as it would make it easier for distribution. These are schools who all have Welsh as an obligatory subject and many of which teach ONLY in Welsh. So you see the 'heart' does one thing and the 'head' does another. In other words 'logic' and the 'reality' wins out -regardless. It's only the politicians who have their heads up their ar***. But it is the politicians who are destroying the country's future and for their own personal gains.  Sad Evil or Very Mad 
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum