Rochdale Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Talk a lot, don't they.

3 posters

Go down

Talk a lot, don't they. Empty Talk a lot, don't they.

Post  cyfrifia Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:44 am

Politicians have talked a lot about deporting foreign criminals for many years. It doesn't happen. We continue to have the pleasure of their company to enrich our society.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/12174168/Home-Office-to-use-powers-to-strip-Asian-sex-abusers-of-UK-citizenship.html

Now they are talking about it again. Razz Yap yap yap, blah-de-blah.

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Talk a lot, don't they. Empty Re: Talk a lot, don't they.

Post  Atlas Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:47 pm

They can't unless we change the law and that cannot be done under the present EU legislation. There's only one answer to sovereignty and it's not in Europe.
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:24 pm

Is it just the UK has this strange notion that we should obey the rules of the euromeisters? Other countries seem to have a more relaxed and pragmatic attitude to eurolegislation.

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:23 pm

And therein lies a part of the problem. Why would you join and stay in a club where half the members disregard the rules? Yes. We do tend to toe the line. It's a British trait. But one that doesn't serve us well when joining 'clubs' whereby we haven't sufficient clout at the top table. Having the same clout pales to insignificance against having one's own top table. Personally I have never been a 'team' player. For me it has never worked and in my experience whenever I have attempted to become one the project has always ended badly. I don't like Co-Operatives where everything is dumbed down to lowest common-denominator and we all sink together.
I'm a risk taker - and generally it can cost. It's like gambling. The big win is only occasionally.
But it's more exciting. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Wink Wink Wink Wink
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:48 am

Yes, lots of people enjoy playing Bingo!

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:27 pm

The difference between Bingo and the EU is that in Bingo you stand a chance at winning. In the EU it's all about losing to the poorer nations - until such times they become as big or bigger than oneself. On that day they will be telling us what to do.
Best of luck with that.
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  johnb Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:28 pm

I would be perfectly happy with 'Ever increasing Union...'
johnb
johnb
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:04 pm

Whatever turns you on.
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:50 pm

So.They NOW attempt to do what the vast majority proposed they should have done 12 months ago. NATO and the UN (although whether the UN will have much input remains to be seen) and the problem - when is a refugee not a refugee - and when and where should that be established.Our classic vibrant EU has sprung to the fore (after 2 years) to attempt to pacify all 28 countries with the inevitable result that they can't agree on what to do and will await impositions over their national sovereignties to be told 'how many people' to take and when. Ever increasing Union? - I despair. Evil or Very Mad Mad Mad Mad
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down