Rochdale Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rochdale In The News Again

+14
Old Regulator
Mulldog
Spartacus
Dalelad
Atlas
UP THE DALE
teamplayer2
Shaza
Hinch
johnb
Chill37
cyfrifia
Charly
Poppyanna555
18 posters

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Rochdale In The News Again - Page 6 Empty Re: Rochdale In The News Again

Post  cyfrifia Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:21 pm

What's the point putting pressure on people to come out, apparently in support of something military that they don't want to support? Better to have lots of people there who do want to be there.  Smile

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:27 pm

I take it that the route will be avoiding Entwistle Road, Ramsey Street, Milkstone Road and Tweedale Street?

Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppyanna555 Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:12 pm

Me too Hinch...me too! Pity some of us can't Sad 
Poppyanna555
Poppyanna555
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:27 am

Hinch wrote:
I take it that the route will be avoiding Entwistle Road, Ramsey Street, Milkstone Road and Tweedale Street?

By starting the parade from Maclure Rd means it will begin at the end of the 'Pass' which is the only point one might expect the ignorant/lunatic fringe to appear, if at all. One hopes any ignorance will 'stay away' on the day and that includes the ignorant/lunatic Caucasian fringe as well. Dissension has its place ergo by peaceful protest and the ballot box. Anything else is totally unacceptable and should not be tolerated.Rolling Eyes Smile 
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:54 am

Quite right Atlas, families, women and children, the elderly, all sorts of people must be able to go and see the parade without fear of being jostled about or upset. Disruptive or aggressive behavior by anyone should not be tolerated at an event like this. Hopefully all will go well.

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:42 am

The weather forecast is for a cold day. One hopes not too cold. It would be nice for the lads to have a warm welcome REGARDLESS of individual political feelings on the subject of foreign wars and interventions.
After all - it's not their fault.Neutral 
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:59 pm

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:32 am

Obviously a coward and a bully with no respect for anything, probably including himself if the truth is known. Our society has numerous such people with such traits. Ignorance plays a greater part in all this -although he no doubt thinks he's a Jack the Lad with a super brain -. Sad really.
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:39 am

I'm amazed that he possesses a suit.
Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppyanna555 Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:07 pm

Probably 'borrowed' from a mate Hinch....with the black T-shirt and blue tie he certainly couldn't be described as dapper!  

He should have been banned from keeping an animal for life!!

Poppyanna555
Poppyanna555
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:14 pm

The besuited Hr. Grice was banned from keeping animals for five years. Five years isn't very long, probably not long enough for someone to see the light and behave differently.

The ban only prevents someone from owning an animal, they are quite at liberty to throw sticks for someone elses dog, to feed the birds, to pat a horse over a fence, the ban does not prevent them from associating with animals, so it's hardly severe.
Considering the many more severe cases of cruelty to animals, such bans should be rather longer, and lifetime in some cases.

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:48 pm

Simon Danczuk M.P. effectively addressed the nation speaking on radio four 'world at one' today, with statements about the child sexual abuse, grooming, in Rochdale.

"The abuse continues.
Ethnicity is involved, there is still denial about that.
People are becoming more aware and likely to report suspicious activity."

The one thing Rochdale is famous for now is child sexual abuse. The more it is glossed over and denied, the more that reputation becomes embedded.

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:03 pm

Another 30-40 men involved who never came to trial according to a Radio 4 report today.

Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Chill37 Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:15 pm

cyfrifia wrote:Simon Danczuk M.P. effectively addressed the nation speaking on radio four 'world at one' today, with statements about the child sexual abuse, grooming, in Rochdale.

"The abuse continues.
Ethnicity is involved, there is still denial about that.
People are becoming more aware and likely to report suspicious activity."

The one thing Rochdale is famous for now is child sexual abuse. The more it is glossed over and denied, the more that reputation becomes embedded.

Fully agree. That statement is very apparent on social media pages. Denial and glossed over  One comment was made to the effect a short time ago and not using these exact words 'it happened in Heywood , who think they are in Bury anyway' - yes I reported that comment.   Yes my blood boiled to put it midly.  One person even put up links to other crimes around the UK to highlight that other Towns had crime and to divert away from Rochdale .  

But, to put it mildly, its been implied our streets are safe.  Ironcially a similar type of comment was put and then a day later the report saying crime was UP in Rochdale.  But, as we all know, the word Negative is de-rigour for stiffling debate of any sort.  Or, I am qualified in this area and you're not-so-you-cant-comment is fast becoming another one to stiffle debate

I can only ponder as to why one the most heinious crimes is being covered up or not talked about.  It wont go away. Ever.

Chill37
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:55 pm

I heard today's narrative on the radio from the father of one of the grooming victims and his personal torment that he may, without knowing, be regularly walking past, or coming into contact with, one of his own daughter's many abusers.

However many attempts are made to divert / distract attentions away from the unfinished business of these unconvicted offenders and the borough's SCR prevarications,  I appreciate we've got a local MP who is still prepared to challenge on this and, however unpopular with some, he continues to ' speak out .'    Good job SD   Surprised 

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:59 am

I concur with the above. Keep hammering away. It works - eventually. Smile
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:17 pm

Rochdale In The News Again - Page 6 HiRes “Tick-boxes” and parenthesis from the Establishment ..  

Greater Manchester's Police and Crime Commissioner Tony Lloyd has today announced that an inquiry into child sexual exploitation is to be held in the new year, to assess improvements in protecting youngsters since the early 2012 Rochdale grooming case trial.

09 December 2013, BBC News - Rochdale child sex exploitation: Inquiry to begin : -   >   http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-25307687

09 December 2012, the chief exec of RMBC, Jim Taylor, previously reported on a whole range of borough initiatives and a raft of improvements made during that year. :-http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/local-news/in-the-light-of-the-sex-grooming-case-rochdale-698511

Will it be too much to ask if the localised sexual grooming of children has now, finally, been stopped, have ‘outstanding’ offenders / rapists been brought to account and victims received justice & support ... 

Of course, we’ll have the opportunity well beforehand to read Rochdale's 7 official Serious Case Reviews.  If nothing else, by now there will surely be far more understanding about why some victims feel hopeless; the years roll on, and on, and on....     

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:45 am

Some transcript in the news, of the recent interview, Simon Danczuk on Radio 4.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/ethnicity-is-a-factor-in-grooming-says-rochdale-mp-simon-danczuk-8994232.html

"In terms of whether it is still going on I suspect it probably is. The intelligence that I receive as a Member of Parliament, and I keep my ear close to the ground, is that this sort of abuse is still occurring.

"Having said that I think the various agencies involved are more alert to it and are doing more about it. I would also say that I think it is still going on not just in places like Rochdale but right across the country."

"We still need a breakthrough, I think, in terms of the Asian community," he said. "I think there has to be some acknowledgement. I think there has been some denial in terms of this being a problem and I've seen that over the last couple of years there's been a tendency not to want to speak about it in terms of ethnicity.

"I think that's been unhelpful. There is still more to be done I think."

"I think Greater Manchester Police's attitude towards this in terms of ethnicity is just wholly and completely wrong, though I have to say there are some politicians that have taken a similar view to Greater Manchester Police.

"There is no doubt about it, ethnicity is a factor in this type of abuse, this on-street grooming. There's no doubt about it, ethnicity is a factor and I think by saying so I think it makes it easier for us to combat it."

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppyanna555 Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:17 pm

One of the GP practices in Nye Bevan House in Rochdale ..... scored as 1 of the 9 practices in the country to have ' the most serious failings ' in today's national report by the CQC !  

Surprise, surprise....is there EVER anything going to be reported that is positive for Rochdale?

For goodness sake, I wish I was younger and knew then what I know now.  I'd have been out of here like a flash !!!!

Poppyanna555
Poppyanna555
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:29 am

Rochdale all over the news this morning.
Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Chill37 Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:43 am

Hinch wrote:Rochdale all over the news this morning.

Yep I saw the article on Sky News this morning.

Chill37
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Chill37 Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:12 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-25459491

I ll just wait for the first idiot out of RMBC /GMP to spout the lessons will be learnt mantra.

Chill37
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartacus Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:58 am

Chill37 wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-25459491

I ll just wait for the first idiot out of RMBC /GMP to spout the lessons will be learnt mantra.

They will all be on holiday now.

The dire poor conduct of RMBC continues with this farce of a news conference.

I am just about to read the book 'Child A,' passed to me by the eldest daughter who is absolutely furious and believes it should be compulsory reading.

Spartacus
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:59 am

Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:06 am

Spartacus wrote:
Chill37 wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-25459491

They will all be on holiday now.

The dire poor conduct of RMBC continues with this farce of a news conference.

I am just about to read the book 'Child A,' passed to me by the eldest daughter who is absolutely furious and believes it should be compulsory reading.  

Yes Spartacus, the GMP and RMBC timing, i.e. the day before a 2-week / Xmas-New Year closure, utterly defies belief.  

I question WHY a National newspaper had the report for reading yesterday evening, but access was not made available for the local community  !   : -

Rochdale sex-grooming gangs able to flourish due to police errors says report | UK news | The Guardian

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2013/dec/19/rochdale-sex-grooming-gangs-police-errors

Question 

Last edited by Mojo Hill on Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next