Rochdale Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cut price stamps

3 posters

Go down

Cut price stamps Empty Cut price stamps

Post  Charly Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:39 am

"Royal Mail has started publicising a scheme to sell Christmas stamps at last year's prices to people on benefit.

Customers in receipt of Pension Credit, Employment and Support Allowance or Incapacity Benefit will be able to buy 36 first and second class stamps at 2011 prices - 46p and 36p.

Stamp prices increased to 60p and 50p in April."

That's fine... but if they were to take up the offer as it stands it would cost them £29.52, I dont think I could afford that much in stamps at one go.
Charly
Charly
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Cut price stamps Empty Cut price stamps

Post  Poppyanna555 Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:45 pm

There will be only my nearest and dearest and a couple of close friends that will get a Xmas Card from me this year, my pension won't stretch to that either. Exclamation
Poppyanna555
Poppyanna555
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Cut price stamps Empty Re: Cut price stamps

Post  Jeanie Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:26 pm

Charly wrote:"Royal Mail has started publicising a scheme to sell Christmas stamps at last year's prices to people on benefit.

Customers in receipt of Pension Credit, Employment and Support Allowance or Incapacity Benefit will be able to buy 36 first and second class stamps at 2011 prices - 46p and 36p.

Stamp prices increased to 60p and 50p in April."

That's fine... but if they were to take up the offer as it stands it would cost them £29.52, I dont think I could afford that much in stamps at one go.

Just damn stupid and a complete waste of time & money Mad
Jeanie
Jeanie
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Cut price stamps Empty Re: Cut price stamps

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down