Rochdale Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hands in pockets for the Fool on the Bridge!

5 posters

Go down

Hands in pockets for the Fool on the Bridge! Empty Hands in pockets for the Fool on the Bridge!

Post  southernbelle Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:19 pm

Me, hubby, dog, 4 kids and 2 borrowed dogs are doing a sponsored walk for the Hospice. From Hebden Bridge to the Crown and Shuttle at Firgrove. Anyone care to bring the oxygen along? Or sponsor us?
southernbelle
southernbelle
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Back to top Go down

Hands in pockets for the Fool on the Bridge! Empty Re: Hands in pockets for the Fool on the Bridge!

Post  Ann M Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:15 pm

I can lend you two handsome whippets for the walk. Both of superior breeding,high pedigree and as one would expect highly refined.

Put me down for £5.

Ann M
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Hands in pockets for the Fool on the Bridge! Empty Re: Hands in pockets for the Fool on the Bridge!

Post  Hinch Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:53 pm

Iwill bring the oxygen insidethe Li-Lo as usual Dear Heart.

There are some lovely, shady spots alongthe towpath where you can recover your strength and nibble on an M&S prawn & mayo baguette plus my CPR/ALS accreditation is only just out of date.
Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  johnb Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:30 pm

Nice gentle stoll along the canal...
johnb
johnb
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Regulator Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:33 pm

if you collect all the train numbers as you stroll along (smile) put me down for a tenner. great charity they looked after me mam. Frank

Old Regulator
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  southernbelle Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:39 pm

Train numbers? Along the canal? Well I will try!

Thank you to all offers of donation. I shall ask the good people at RO if bulging envelopes can be left there for me to collect.
southernbelle
southernbelle
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:13 pm

Well the tracks do run more or less parallel for several miles Dear Heart.

Best take your Thermos, anorak, pencil and Ian Allen 'Combined Volume'. (10/6d from Cleggs bookshop!) Might help if you learned a few wheel arrangements to assist in the end-of-platform banter.

For instance, the one in my Avatar is a 4-4-0 'American' with a diamond-stack spark-arrester so typical of their early wood-burners. (Extra points if you spotted that you can't really see the leading bogies making it an improbable 0-4-0)
Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  johnb Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:09 pm

But where is the tender, since the 'American' is obviously not a tank engine?
johnb
johnb
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down