Rochdale Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will you Vote ?

+11
johnb
Ann M
UP THE DALE
past it
Hinch
Charly
Chill37
Atlas
Poppyanna555
teamplayer2
Jeanie
15 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Will you Vote ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Will you Vote ?

Post  Jeanie Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:39 am

[quote="Councillor Duxbury"][size=18]God, you seem to be changing your mind quickly Jeanie! I thought you weren't voting???

I said "if" I was to vote ? the more I read the less likely Wink

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1592344_son-of-police-commissioner-candidate-roy-warren-fined-for-benefit-fraud.

I certainly do not put any blame on the candidate at all in fact it must be very embarrassing for him.

Last edited by Jeanie on Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added comment)
Jeanie
Jeanie
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:51 am

Well, looking at the campaign so far, Tony Lloyd (Lab) is the only one to have appeared to have visited the borough and made a local connection. God knows what the rest are up to.

Disappointingly, none of the candidates in their blurbs on Rochdale Online have spoken out on the Number 1 issue affecting the town:- the grooming, exploitation and rape of schoolchildren by Asian gangs.

I know that the area covered by GMP is a large patch but if I were standing, I'd have a team briefing me on local issues and would run strong local campaigns targetting specific local areas of concern.

So far for me, Lloyd is ahead of the pack simply because he's taken the trouble to come down to visit us and talk to people.

All lose points because they seem not to have spoken out about the grooming issue. Surely one of their first jobs will be to study GMP's handing of the case?
Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  teamplayer2 Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:16 pm

Looked them up and none say a lot. So what is the point to all this. The money could be used to help the vulnerable of the town. This Police vote thing seems a waste of time to me only to put some big ego in charge for what. What was the top Police Inspectors job for?
teamplayer2
teamplayer2
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Irishman Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:52 am

I think a vote on this level and subject is pure guess work, rather like sticking a pin in a news paper to pick out the winner of the 2.30 of any racecourse, only an expert would know the form of those in the lineup. Rolling Eyes

Irishman
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Chill37 Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:15 am

Councillor Duxbury wrote:[size=18] to.

Disappointingly, none of the candidates in their blurbs on Rochdale Online have spoken out on the Number 1 issue affecting the town:- the grooming, exploitation and rape of schoolchildren by Asian gangs.

I size]

With out taking any seriousness or anything in relation to this horrific crimes commiteed in this case which has destroyed many lives and has rasied many many issues in Rochdale. I can only hope reviews and Serious Case Reviews will determine if GMP has failed in its handling and charges/changes are brought in too those responsible.

However I feel it is reasonable to say that there are other issues affecting Rochdale, or more over affecting the areas I live in. Such as a visable rise in anti social behaviour, vandalism and house crime.

Personally this whole thing is a total utter waste of money, introducing a new tier of pen pushing and paper shuffling.

Chill37
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:15 am

I understood that once these people were in place they would replace the present body that oversees the 'forces' general behaviour. Or am I wrong here???????
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Charly Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:44 pm

Now there's a turn up for the book, I might even change my mind about voting Wink

http://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/2/news-headlines/74873/salary-pledge
Charly
Charly
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeanie Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:25 pm

Charly wrote:Now there's a turn up for the book, I might even change my mind about voting Wink

http://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/2/news-headlines/74873/salary-pledge

I agree he is the only one to put the position before the salary and I am quite impressed but I would have liked a chance to question each of them regarding priorities in all of our areas.
Still doubtful whether or not I will vote just feel we have been forced into something non of us fully agree with or understand ?
Jeanie
Jeanie
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:21 am

Beware Greeks bearing gifts.
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:20 am

Are Greeks bearing gifts any more beware-able than other Greeks taking huge salaries? scratch

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:03 am

Well as the Greeks don't seem to know the meaning of paying taxes it wouldn't matter too much how big thier salaries were - don't you think? In fact no tax would mean you could get away with paying somewhat less for a gross total. Think I might try that! Hmm.

Got my postal voting forms. Don't know who is standing??? Haven't seen anyone??? Haven't had any literature??? Can't find anything in the local paper??? Is it actualy 'real' I ask myself. Will I vote in such a circumstance? What do you think -. Oh there goes another of those flying pigs -. Time for mi pills -. affraid
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum