Rochdale Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pssst! Wanna new NHS car for Crimbo?

4 posters

Go down

Pssst! Wanna new NHS car for Crimbo? Empty Pssst! Wanna new NHS car for Crimbo?

Post  Hinch Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:16 pm

Well would ya ******* believe it?

As reported on the old RO forums, Pennine have employed a new firm of 'consultants', Optimise, to address the issues which put Pennine Acute in the bottom 20% of NHS Trusts in the country in terms of low staff morale.

The answer? Well, the 'Listening Into Action' team have decided that the cure to those winter NHS blues is to organise a raffle for a new Toyota Aygo. Staff are invited to fork out £2 each for a raffle ticket. They even seem to have managed to get an RCN trade union rep involved. (Cries of 'Shame'!)

Let's hope it goes to one of the 180 staff being made redundant so that they can have a comfortable drive to the nearest Job Centre.

The car looks like a cross between a Fiat 125 and a Rowntrees jelly.

I see on the poster which a kind soul put through my door that it has the registration number 'MY 1 PAT'. Perhaps PAT P45 might have been more appropriate or perhaps'PAT UB40'?

Last edited by Councillor Duxbury on Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Pssst! Wanna new NHS car for Crimbo? Empty Re: Pssst! Wanna new NHS car for Crimbo?

Post  Jeanie Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:57 pm

hinch wrote:Well would ya ******* believe it?

As reported on the old RO forums, Pennine have employed a new firm of 'consultants', Optimise, to address the issues which put Pennine Acute in the bottom 20% of NHS Trusts in the country in terms of low staff morale.

The answer? Well, the 'Listening Into Action' team have decided that the cure to those winter NHS blues is to organise a raffle for a new Toyota Aygo. Staff are invited to fork out £2 each for a raffle ticket. They seem to even have managed to get an RCN trade union rep involved. (Cries of 'Shame'!)

Let's hope it goes to one of the 180 staff being made redundant so that they can have a comfortable drive to the nearest Job Centre.

The car looks like a cross between a Fiat 125 and a Rowntrees jelly.

I see it has the registration number' MY 1 PAT'. Perhaps PAT P45 might have been more appropriate or perhaps'PAT UB40'?

So were do I get my raffle ticket from begger the staff this isn't for them Wink
Jeanie
Jeanie
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Pssst! Wanna new NHS car for Crimbo? Empty Re: Pssst! Wanna new NHS car for Crimbo?

Post  Hinch Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:07 am

Doncha just love it. Pennine have a green transport policy and only a year or two back they were discouraging staff from using their cars to go to work by reducing the number of available parking permits and adding criteria to exclude people who lived within a certain distance from their place of work.

Now, they're handing out cars as Christmas presents yet only a few years ago, they were trying to take the traditional free Christmas breakfast off the night staff. The loonies really have taken over the asylum.

By the way, before anyone points out that the cost of the car will be paid via the sales of the raffle tickets, let me remind you that they shelled out at least one payment of £70,000 to 'Optimise' and probably a shedload more as well. No such thing as a free lunch... or car!

Perhaps they might consider donating one or two cars to the company taking over the Patient Transport Service?
Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Pssst! Wanna new NHS car for Crimbo? Empty Wanna new ID for Crimbo?

Post  Guest Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:47 pm

Hinch: What's with this identity crisis then ? We'll be having Billy Liars and Daleks at this rate. To assume a Councillor's mantle will confuse many hovering visitors, who will likely credit it as a local 'bona fide' representative of a council ! . Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:23 pm

I am a bone fide elected member of Stradhoughton Urban District Council representing St Botolph Ward for the Ambrosian Popular Front.

I know nothing of daleks.
Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  teamplayer2 Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:26 pm

Mojo Hill wrote:Hinch: What's with this identity crisis then ? We'll be having Billy Liars and Daleks at this rate. To assume a Councillor's mantle will confuse many hovering visitors, who will likely credit it as a local 'bona fide' representative of a council ! . Rolling Eyes

Identity crisis like Wilf! albino affraid
teamplayer2
teamplayer2
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Pssst! Wanna new NHS car for Crimbo? Empty Green policy - really?

Post  Striding Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:33 pm

Councillor Duxbury wrote:... Pennine have a green transport policy ...

Oh yes, and a corporate objective to reduce their CO2 emissions.

However, they are really only interested in reducing their own utility bills and transport costs, and nominal organizational energy efficiency rating. What they don't include in their calculations is the massive increases in CO2 emissions due to staff travelling further in ever more congested traffic, and patients travelling further, by less environmentally-friendly transport for time and distance reasons. For example, if you merge a couple of departments on to one site, then the organization utility bills costs will come down slightly, but say 50 staff have to travel 5 miles further to work, and then back again, 220 times a year, a few start driving to work that did not need to before, and 1 or 2 even get a second car, and say 2000 patients a year have to travel further, those effects do not show on the figures - so that's a green success to Pennine! But sadly not if you are an environmentalist, a local resident, an affected member of staff or a patient forced to travel further at their own expense.
Striding
Striding
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Pssst! Wanna new NHS car for Crimbo? Empty Morale boost

Post  Striding Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:29 pm

It will be interesting to how this (external consultancy-purchased) 'Listening into Action' morale booster works out. It would be embarrassing if one of the directors wins it (the HR director has time to be one of those advertised to be selling tickets), or one of the many agency/contract staff brought in to fill the gaps left by lost staff. Predictably, the response to the poor national staff survey results was so slow that this year's survey has already been submitted, before any of the 'Listening' has been turned 'into Action'.
Striding
Striding
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum