Rochdale Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Health and Safety

5 posters

Go down

Health and Safety Empty Health and Safety

Post  hovis Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:39 am

My daughter in law was telling me that guidelines suggest that children should not have unsupervised showers until they are 12. She is a primary school teacher and asked her class about this. When they stopped laughing they said none of then had supervised showers/baths. My two started locking the bathroom door about 8/9 years old. My feelings were that when my children started to feel embaresed to be seen undressed then that was when we stopped assisting bath time, and when we started knocking on their bedroom door before we went in. It was also the time we asked them to knock before they came in our bedroom. What do others think of this.

hovis
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Health and Safety Empty Re: Health and Safety

Post  Hinch Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:45 am

Spot on hovis. I used to bath my daughter and then when she was 7-8 she started wanting to bath alone.

Funny really. A bit of sadness because it was the end of an era but also a proud realisation that she was growing up.
Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:58 am

I don't know the details, but there was something on the news about a so called 'bedroom tax' where children, boys and girls are expected to share a bedroom until quite old now, or the family loses housing benefit, that all sounds a bit unworkable.

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Charly Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:46 pm

I have direct experience of this over the top hysteria, when one of my girls was a 10 week old baby social services contacted me as someone (health visitor) had reported that a man was taking an 'unnatural interest' in her by bathing her and changing her nappies and applying cream to her bottom!...
it was her father...
and I did ask if it was ok that I had bathed and changed my sons nappy without it being classed as an 'unnatural interest'.
Needless to say they went off with a flea in their ear and the (childless) health visitor never darkened my doorstep again.
Charly
Charly
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  johnb Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:56 pm

You and yours really seem to have a lot of trouble with these types. They must have a perverted reason to seek you out.

Me or the wife have NEVER had this kind of problem.
johnb
johnb
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:58 pm

I suppose some people can't understand why anyone would take an interest in a baby, not everyone likes them. It does seem a bit odd to then get a job as a health visitor, but the jobcentre does demand you apply for a few jobs every month. She might have got it mixed up with being an Avon lady?

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Charly Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:09 pm

johnb wrote:You and yours really seem to have a lot of trouble with these types. They must have a perverted reason to seek you out.

Maybe because they had me on their books as a registered foster parent having fostered 11 children for the same authority, they must have thought they had to keep an extra vigilant eye on me
Sorry to disappoint you John but there was no other reason
Charly
Charly
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:11 pm

Charly wrote:
johnb wrote:You and yours really seem to have a lot of trouble with these types. They must have a perverted reason to seek you out.

Maybe because they had me on their books as a registered foster parent having fostered 11 children for the same authority, they must have thought they had to keep an extra vigilant eye on me
Sorry to disappoint you John but there was no other reason

Charly: You were strong and kind enough to help and care for 11 foster children when others were unable to, in addition to looking after your natural children. That's a great thing to have done. cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Charly Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:30 pm

All in a days work Mojo, and as one who was never afraid to put their head above the parapet where I saw things that I thought not quite right I did leave myself open to scrutiny and repercussions but I never regretted standing up for what I thought was right.
I was threatened when I tried to expose the goings on at Knowl View School, I was also followed and warned off.
Solicitors in Rochdale didnt want to take my case against the LEA as it was 'too controversial' and 9 months down the line with a barrister from chambers in Manchester my legal aid was suddenly withdrawn.
Detectives from Operation Cleopatra came and took all the documents I had from the school in relation to how the boys were sexually and physically abused, they weren't very pleased to find I had given them copies and still had the originals in my possession.
I still have the documents.
Lorna Fitzsimons was the MP at the time and I passed copies on to her asking for an investigation into the situation, I never heard back from her.

And the keyboard warriors type on...and its usually those who know Jack Sh*t about me Wink
Charly
Charly
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down