Rochdale Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Loony Launch

+3
Old Regulator
Jeanie
Hinch
7 posters

Go down

Loony Launch  Empty Loony Launch

Post  Hinch Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:23 pm

Well, if anyone is interested, I am bringing Alan 'Howling Laud' Hope over to Rochdale tomorrow to show him some of our Loony Landmarks. He will officially launch the party on Castleton railway bridge; home of the Looniest cycle lane.

We will be lunching in Wetherspoons (Regal Moon) from about 1pm and then I will take him over to The Butts for some photos of him with our Loony Town Hall in the background.

Alan is 'Screaming' Lord Sutch's successor as Leader of the Official Monster Raving Loony Party and was the first ever elected Loony Councillor for Ashburton in Devon where he was then elected mayor three years later. If you want to meet us for lunch, please do so. I will be bringing Martin the Toad.

Joining the Loonies this year was definitely one of my better decisions this year. The other was cancelling that piss-poor excuse of a magazine for the monied-retired, 'Saga' and getting 'The Oldie' instead.

Rochdale will be much better with some good, honest Loonies in town rather than that crowd of jokers we have running the place now and it will certainly be much more FUN!

http://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/2/news-headlines/74922/-loony-leader-to-visit-rochdale-as-part-of-his-fight-to-win-the-forthcoming-byelection
Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Loony Launch  Empty Re: Loony Launch

Post  Jeanie Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:14 pm

Sounds a laugh might just join you tomorrow Wink
Jeanie
Jeanie
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Regulator Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:38 pm

as Minister of vision i will be there on our Castleton Loony bike lane, it's on the pavement don't you know. it's great being a loony member i propose that ALL MPs are paid by results and go onto the so called 'living wage'. Matron where's me Loony rosette. Raging Regulator.

Old Regulator
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartacus Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:13 am

Good luck with the launch. Sorry I can't be there.

Is it true that it will be compulsory for all elected Loony MPs to take part in I'm a Celebrity?

Spartacus
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Regulator Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:31 am

no. the Loony alternative is i'm a nobody put me where i can hurt them. another proposal. a full length mirror on backs of front doors to check inappropriate dress sense, you know who you are Gar Gars. now where's me gaters and tri corn hat?

Old Regulator
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  teamplayer2 Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:19 pm

How did go? Hope it was all enjoyable for you all. At least some colour in the politics.
teamplayer2
teamplayer2
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeanie Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:30 pm

teamplayer2 wrote:How did go? Hope it was all enjoyable for you all. At least some colour in the politics.

We ALL got arrested for having the nerve to "take the P out of politics" still in the stocks ? Laughing
Jeanie
Jeanie
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Charly Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:33 pm

olitics? olitics ? what on earth are olitics?
Charly
Charly
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeanie Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:10 pm

Charly wrote:olitics? olitics ? what on earth are olitics?

Think it was something to do with the FR in front of it Charly Rolling Eyes
Wish Hinch would hutch up a bit and stop snoring these stocks are un-comfy enough Mad

Last edited by Jeanie on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : a laugh)
Jeanie
Jeanie
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:15 pm

Well, it is the Central Manchester by-election today and Loony Leader Alan 'Howling Laud' Hope is standing. We are confidently expecting about 75%-80% of the vote and that Alan will retain his deposit. (William Hill always give us odds of 500-1 on a free £1.00 bet if we poll at least 100-votes. This covers our deposit. We have only once failed to poll 100.) In Rotherham, we polled over 1000 votes once and have beaten the LibDems.

The Loonies claim victory for finally ending the SDLP as a political party when we thrashed them in the Huyton by-election several years ago.

Loonies quite rightly add the 70% of the electorate who fail to vote as a victory against mainstream politics and a vote for Lunacy. We can't fail to win. The Piracy Party is also standing.

Life is so much better as a Loony and it is such fun. The other candidates stay well clear of us; particularly when there are cameras about.

Isn't it great. About three-quarters of the population will fail to vote for any of the mainstream parties.

Onwards and upwards plus three steps to the side.

Last edited by Hinch on Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:04 pm

There is nothing wrong with sensible Looneyism.

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:19 pm

An even better result than expected. 78.9% of Rochdalians turned their back on maistream politicians.

A fabulous result!

We will shortly annoint a Police & Crime Commissioner without a shred of public credibiity.

Looks like Ann Metcalfe and PastIt are out of step with the public mood.

The whole PCC campaign process was a total and unmitigated shambles. Even the Electoral Reform Society think so.
Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down