Rochdale Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

War Medals

2 posters

Go down

War Medals Empty War Medals

Post  teamplayer2 Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:14 pm

I do not know if anyone remebers me mentioning about some war medals I manage to save and bring back to Rochdale concerning a resident in Castleton.

Well I promised a relative of the man who was the owner of the war medals I am pleased to say that the records of his war service have now arrived. Taken a long time but I will be able to show the relative now and complete another part of the story for the relative.

I bet they thought I had forgotten them but it did take a long time. Contact the relative this week.
teamplayer2
teamplayer2
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

War Medals Empty Re: War Medals

Post  Charly Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:47 pm

Well done TP! I hope the family appreciate all your efforts.
Charly
Charly
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  teamplayer2 Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:03 pm

Agreed with them to give to a museum in the end. Also manage to purchase a rare order book for a mill in Rochdale which will go with the other order book I bought a few months ago. It was the one I showed to Touchstones and they hope I will leave it to them. There is not much history on the mill but in total surprize when I turned up with the first book.

Should have the same surprize when they see the second book for the same mill.

Also manage to get a few notes and letters written by John Bright not long back but they will have loads of them at Touchstone. The letter were congratulating someone on their election to Parliament All genuine.

Anyway be in contact with the family soon on the recent results on the war medals.
teamplayer2
teamplayer2
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum