Rochdale Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You left too early young Hinch.

2 posters

Go down

You left too early young Hinch. Empty You left too early young Hinch.

Post  southernbelle Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:58 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-20296100

What an acheivement. Deffo earned a feetup and a cuppa.
southernbelle
southernbelle
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Back to top Go down

You left too early young Hinch. Empty Re: You left too early young Hinch.

Post  Hinch Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:02 pm

Hmmm. Very mixed views on this.

I once worked with someone in their early-70s who was showing very sad but unmistakable signs of early senile-dementia.

Trusting her to do a drug round on her own was certainly a leap of faith! She once called me over to check the prescription sheet. "I'm sure he had two white ones, a red one and one of those purple ones last night." she told me in a puzzled voice. Hovis will know who I mean.

Am a big believer in getting out when you can and enjoying a hopefully long and happy retirement. Have seen far too many people drop dead either just before retirement age or only a year or two later. Great news for the NHS Pension Fund but a tragedy in human terms.

I can't understand how over the years, the unions shifted their position from 'early retirement for all' to 'The right to work till you pop your clogs'.

We seem to be heading towards a 'work till you drop dead' culture. I went at just six-months after the statutory retirement age for nurses. A ecision I have never and will never regret. Particularly so as I hear getsmuchworse tales from my former colleagues every day.
Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down