Rochdale Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A bit late ?

4 posters

Go down

A bit late ? Empty A bit late ?

Post  Jeanie Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:18 pm

My husband received a letter to attend an appointment at the Oxygen Therapy Clinic very important that he attends due to his condition !

The letter came today which he opened when he finished work at 4pm. the appointment was for today at 11am Shocked
Jeanie
Jeanie
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

A bit late ? Empty Re: A bit late ?

Post  Irishman Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:52 pm

I've had a letter cancelling an appointment that I never had, the letter for the appointment came a week later, from MRI. Surprised

Irishman
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:06 pm

Just as well you didn't go before then then. Rolling Eyes

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeanie Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:08 pm

It was a mix up they have apologised just as well he is still breathing Rolling Eyes
Jeanie
Jeanie
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

A bit late ? Empty Appointment Letters

Post  Striding Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:46 pm

I'm pleased that he is Ok, Jeannie, but it is very worrying for such vital appointments.

What can we worse than the missed appointment, is when the hospitals try to discharge patients and refer them back to the GP, because they Did Not Attend. Patients and relatives have to plead that they did not receive the letter, but common sense is usually applied.

It is hard to believe that our unreliable postal service is considered to be a safe, secure, timely and reliable means of communication, these days when other verifiable options are available for most patients.

In the list of staff responses in recent Listening in Action exercises at Pennine Acute, one comment from medical secretaries that appeared several times was that they keep first class stamps (that they have paid for themselves) for when they consider the letter to be urgent and requiring to be sent first class. That may not be the whole story, but those were the comments.
Striding
Striding
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down