Rochdale Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Libellous Tweets

+6
Dalelad
Charly
johnb
Hinch
UP THE DALE
Admin
10 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Libellous Tweets - Page 3 Empty Re: Libellous Tweets

Post  johnb Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:40 pm

Indeed it is, Admin, but topics move - and this one has moved to discussing the righteousness or otherwise of the victim.
johnb
johnb
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  UP THE DALE Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:42 pm

Well it's turned into a thread about questioning what I believe and what people think I have said, so I merely answer them. I won't answer any-more such rubbish now, as I have more than answered what I said and meant.

Libel is very bad. One has to be very careful about what one says, especially if the person being talked about has deep pockets. If they have shallow pockets, it looks like unfortunately anything can be said about them, as they can't afford to sue.

UP THE DALE
UP THE DALE
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  UP THE DALE Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:41 pm

johnb wrote:At least some of the police justification for the Guildford 4 Fit Up was, "They are Irish - they must therefore be guilty of something"

Totally unjustified, but there we go.

Your comment '... on this occasion...' makes exactly the same presumption of guilt as was made of the Guildford 4. This time justified on the basis of class (and political allegiance) rather than race.

Just as sordid.

I would say that the whole reason the \Guildford 4 and Birmingham 6 were fitted up was because they were Irish.

My comment does not make exactly the same presumption, even if you THINK that it does. You are imagining it in your mind. It's you who has brought up class in this thread, not me. I think it's YOU who is sordid.

I suppose going forward, will be the question of how to regulate the internet in the same way as other media as far as things like libel.

The other thing going forward will be how to get justice for the victims of the sex grooming, rapes etc of the victims of North Wales, Jimmy Saville and others including Rochdale, as well as finding out the guilty and putting the living ones in prison and the dead ones be found out just what evil people they really were.
UP THE DALE
UP THE DALE
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  johnb Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:59 pm

All media needs to be controlled so that the weak and innocent are protected from lies, abuse and attack.

The thing is, you can't just protect the weak and innocent, you protect the strong and knowing - leastways - if you have good laws you protect everyone.
johnb
johnb
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  UP THE DALE Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:41 pm

All laws should be equal for all no matter who the person is or their background. Justice should be available to all equally, no matter what their background is. But we know this is simply not the case at the moment, anyone who thinks we live in an equal society as far as access to law , or as far as the law is prosecuted, is deluded.

UP THE DALE
UP THE DALE
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:52 pm

Lord McAlpine's lawyers have found 1,000 original tweets and 9,000 re-tweets to prosecute. Let's just hope not many re-tweeters re-re-tweet the re-tweets or there will never be enough lawyers to prosecute them.

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Prudence Tempered Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:55 pm

cyfrifia wrote:Lord McAlpine's lawyers have found 1,000 original tweets and 9,000 re-tweets to prosecute. Let's just hope not many re-tweeters re-re-tweet the re-tweets or there will never be enough lawyers to prosecute them.

Make that 1,001.

Prudence Tempered
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  teamplayer2 Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:17 pm

The man was wronged and I wonder if there is any more but cannot afford to take this to court.
teamplayer2
teamplayer2
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum