Rochdale Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Manchester City Council verses Rochdale City Council

+4
Poppyanna555
Chill37
Charly
hovis
8 posters

Go down

Manchester City Council verses Rochdale City Council Empty Manchester City Council verses Rochdale City Council

Post  hovis Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:03 pm

Although l have only moved 2 miles from where l use to live l have moved from Manchester City Council to Rochdale City Council. As far as the enviroment is concerned things are very different. Under MCC you are allowed 3 lots of bulky household items moved per year, before you are charged. With RCC you pay each time. Also with MCC you were given the green food bags for food wastage free, in RCC you are told to buy your own, they said Wilkinsons sell them. The question l would like to pose is, who do you think is right. Myself l dont mind. It was cheaper to get a man with a van to move our rubbish, than RCC, and l can make the trip to Wilkinsons it wont be that often. But will RCC rules make some people more likley to dump rubbish and not recycle food waste or not?

hovis
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Manchester City Council verses Rochdale City Council Empty Re: Manchester City Council verses Rochdale City Council

Post  Charly Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:17 pm

The council didnt use to charge for bulky household rubbish removal, when they introduced the charge the first time people did seem to start to fly tip more so the charge was dropped...now its been reintroduced some time ago I guess that fly tipping will increase.
I remember at one time there used to be kerbside collections all over the borough (not just council estates) where residents were given a date to bring all their rubbish to the kerb and it was collected free of charge.
Charly
Charly
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Manchester City Council verses Rochdale City Council Empty Re: Manchester City Council verses Rochdale City Council

Post  Chill37 Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:56 pm

I remember regular street cleaning as well.

Chill37
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Manchester City Council verses Rochdale City Council Empty Manchester City Council verses Rochdale City Council

Post  Poppyanna555 Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:46 pm

The cuts in spending in relation to street cleaning is evident in Rochdale, the streets are filthy (some streets far worse than others of course) but, whenever you travel out of town you don't seem to have to travel too far to find the streets more aesthetically pleasing. When out walking locally I am often reminded of the song 'Dirty Old Town' written by the Pogues? Sad
Poppyanna555
Poppyanna555
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:39 pm

Rochdale is not a city, the Council is a Metropolitan Borough Council not a City Council, hence RMBC not RCC. That said it makes on difference the Council is still a disgrace.

Back to top Go down

Post  johnb Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:51 pm

None the less, Manchester City is also a metropolitan authority, part of the now defunct Greater Manchester and with no real extra powers.

We are, after all, Greater Mancunians, like it or lump it. There is a lesson there for those who wish to leave Europe.
johnb
johnb
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Back to top Go down

Manchester City Council verses Rochdale City Council Empty Evening parking

Post  Striding Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:55 pm

In Manchester City centre parking meters are now in force up to 8pm every day, including Sundays. Even Rochdale council isn't that greedy/shortsighted.
Striding
Striding
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  teamplayer2 Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:39 pm

Charly wrote:The council didnt use to charge for bulky household rubbish removal, when they introduced the charge the first time people did seem to start to fly tip more so the charge was dropped...now its been reintroduced some time ago I guess that fly tipping will increase.
I remember at one time there used to be kerbside collections all over the borough (not just council estates) where residents were given a date to bring all their rubbish to the kerb and it was collected free of charge.

I see Charly is talking rubbish again. Razz
teamplayer2
teamplayer2
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Charly Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:07 pm

Ah but its true rubbish ! Laughing
Charly
Charly
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Irishman Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:37 pm

Well they are now back to fly tipping because of the charge.

Irishman
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Manchester City Council verses Rochdale City Council Empty Reply with quote Re: Manchester City Council verses Rochdale City Council

Post  Poppyanna555 Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:07 pm

Free collections didn't stop 'em fly-tipping near me although charging has probably exacerbated the problem I agree. There just seems to be a 'couldn't care less' culture where residents have no pride whatsoever in the area they live. Mad
Poppyanna555
Poppyanna555
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down