Rochdale Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drink driving !

5 posters

Go down

Drink driving ! Empty Drink driving !

Post  Jeanie Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:35 am

http://rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/2/news-headlines/75706/firefighters-free-driver-of-gritting-lorry-which-collided-with-a-house

It is in the latest news that the driver proved positive for being over the limit not only could he have killed himself but an innocent person could have been seriously injured or killed No

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1595018_driver-crashes-gritter-lorry-into-rochdale-house---then-fails-breathalyser-test
Jeanie
Jeanie
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Drink driving ! Empty Re: Drink driving !

Post  UP THE DALE Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:33 pm

Failed an initial test at the scene, so what does that mean do they have to do blood test to see if he was definitely over the limit? Am I right that sometimes roadside tests can show an over the limit reading, but be wrong, hence that's why they do another test?

IF found guilty of driving over the limit, does the fact he was driving such a huge vehicle have any bearing on what might happen to him-is he likely to be imprisoned? He will lose his license, and his job I presume?

It shows the danger of driving after the night before, one has to be very care how much one has.

So glad no-one is seriously hurt or even killed, just as well it was so early in the morning and not a hour or two later with school children and lots more traffic around.
UP THE DALE
UP THE DALE
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Irishman Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:31 pm

UP THE DALE wrote:Failed an initial test at the scene, so what does that mean do they have to do blood test to see if he was definitely over the limit? Am I right that sometimes roadside tests can show an over the limit reading, but be wrong, hence that's why they do another test?

IF found guilty of driving over the limit, does the fact he was driving such a huge vehicle have any bearing on what might happen to him-is he likely to be imprisoned? He will lose his license, and his job I presume?

It shows the danger of driving after the night before, one has to be very care how much one has.

So glad no-one is seriously hurt or even killed, just as well it was so early in the morning and not a hour or two later with school children and lots more traffic around.

Been saying it for years on RO but all the drinkers on board tell me it's not possible, you always sleep it off, yeah right. Smile

Irishman
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Charly Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:37 pm

Irishman wrote:
Been saying it for years on RO but all the drinkers on board tell me it's not possible, you always sleep it off, yeah right. Smile

I dont remember all the drinkers saying that, I know there was many a discussion...but I dont remember that bit!
Charly
Charly
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  past it Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:58 pm

Irishman wrote:
UP THE DALE wrote:Failed an initial test at the scene, so what does that mean do they have to do blood test to see if he was definitely over the limit? Am I right that sometimes roadside tests can show an over the limit reading, but be wrong, hence that's why they do another test?

Been saying it for years on RO but all the drinkers on board tell me it's not possible, you always sleep it off, yeah right. :)

If you fail a breath test at the roadside which means more than 35mgs in breath you are arrested and taken to a police station and you take another breath test on a machine with a trained operator. If the result is still fail but the level is less than 50mgs you can ask for a blood test
which must be administered by a doctor. If the initial test shows more than 50mgs you cannot opt for a blood test.
The advantage of the inherent delays in this process means you can be over at the roadside but under at the blood test.
The police are asking for a change in the law to allow a trained person at the police station to take blood therefore reducing the time gaps.

past it
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Irishman Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:24 pm

If you are driving a public service vehicle there should be no alcohol in the blood period!

Irishman
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  UP THE DALE Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:21 pm

Thanks for the answer Past it.
UP THE DALE
UP THE DALE
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down