Rochdale Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Don't be poorly !

+6
Ann M
Spartacus
UP THE DALE
Poppyanna555
Charly
Jeanie
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Don't be poorly ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Don't be poorly !

Post  teamplayer2 Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:59 pm

Well all those bumps and lumps I had turned out to be an infection and I was on antibiotics for a number of weeks until they found out I had a kidney infection. Yet more antibiotics and also informed that one lump that turned into a large boil and became an open sore needed removing. Only to be told I have to wait four months but could be done quicker if I went private!

So I hope it is nothing worse but curious to know if I need a biopsy and something is suspect you would think I would need to be seen sooner. I will be asking my GP about it but watch this space. You are right Jeanie we must not get ill it looks if I ask questions again I will be classed as a trouble maker again.

I have joined a local patient group and I might as well let rip Jeanie, nothing to lose now is there accept our long term health Jeanie. I have just about had enough what has happened to our NHS for what we all pay and start to ask the real awkward questions and about time that we all start asking. We the public own the NHS not the pen pushers and finance services. We are the ones who pay towards the NHS in one form of tax or other. It is owned by us all not the few.
teamplayer2
teamplayer2
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  past it Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:33 pm

I cannot speak for Oldham or Rochdale Infirmary but I have had occasion to use the portakabin services,I think it's called CARE which were parked on a carpark in Rochdale and last week B&Q carpark in Oldham.
I was referred for possible hip problems and in just over one hour,that is arriving to leaving, I had seen the consultant, had an x-ray,then a scan. I have had one more appointment at Oldham B&Q carpark for physiotherapy all done in less than 45 minutes.
I know none of this was life threatening but as an example of how the NHS can work my treatment was superb.

past it
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  teamplayer2 Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:46 pm

past it.

It is a pity that areas of an hospital has been closed but then I do find it strange that they will then and go and use Portakabins to give care services, but there you go. I hope you get better soon.

Anyway it seems in areas of the hospital services it goes from one extreme to the other.

My wife had her life saved early last year and the early treatment was good. Things went wrong later last year and became a nightmare.
I needed urgent treatment that worked and soon after became a nightmare for me. It resulted complaints being made from both of us and a full apology given to us both earlier in the year.

Also heard about good and bad services from other people. So why is it so good one day and then so bad on another day?

I do not blame the front line staff who do try their best but something does need to be done and only the managers can explain that to us, why it goes from one extreme to the other.

teamplayer2
teamplayer2
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeanie Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:25 pm

teamplayer2 wrote:past it.

It is a pity that areas of an hospital has been closed but then I do find it strange that they will then and go and use Portakabins to give care services, but there you go. I hope you get better soon.

Anyway it seems in areas of the hospital services it goes from one extreme to the other.

My wife had her life saved early last year and the early treatment was good. Things went wrong later last year and became a nightmare.
I needed urgent treatment that worked and soon after became a nightmare for me. It resulted complaints being made from both of us and a full apology given to us both earlier in the year.

Also heard about good and bad services from other people. So why is it so good one day and then so bad on another day?

I do not blame the front line staff who do try their best but something does need to be done and only the managers can explain that to us, why it goes from one extreme to the other.

I totally agree Teamplayer the staff are excellent it is the service that is the problem ,last week I went with my son to Wellfield surgery for a scan it was brilliant over and done within half hour.
The problem is services are all over the place ! an elderly lady had to go to Rossendale Lift Centre a few weeks ago on a Saturday wheelchair bound so she was told she had to order a Taxi as no transport was available she had to pay £160 then wait to be reimbursed,plus the consultant didn't turn up and another appointment was made for 2 weeks so how much is it costing to get care these days???
Jeanie
Jeanie
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  teamplayer2 Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:13 pm

Also the money wasted Jeanie.
teamplayer2
teamplayer2
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeanie Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:01 pm

teamplayer2 wrote:Also the money wasted Jeanie.

Exactly TP but no-one is speaking out any more it's a disgrace Rolling Eyes
Jeanie
Jeanie
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum