Rochdale Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Er - Today's joined -up thinking. A Government Help for the Disabled.

3 posters

Go down

Er - Today's joined -up thinking. A Government Help for the Disabled. Empty Er - Today's joined -up thinking. A Government Help for the Disabled.

Post  Atlas Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:10 am

Here is a dilly for you- We are dealing with Long-Term Disabled People of Working Age.

Back to Work Training -. Partially Government funded.

Plumbing and Heating. A three year course. During the three years either the 2nd or 3rd year must be spent with a qualified plumber in the private sector for the student to engage in 'hands-on' experience before the final qualification be attained.

Sounds terrific doesn't it. Anyone see the blatantly obvious snag???
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Er - Today's joined -up thinking. A Government Help for the Disabled. Empty Re: Er - Today's joined -up thinking. A Government Help for the Disabled.

Post  teamplayer2 Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:52 pm

They are disabled and may not be able to do the job anyway. Depending on being ale to do the job and there personal capabilities.
teamplayer2
teamplayer2
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Er - Today's joined -up thinking. A Government Help for the Disabled. Empty Re: Er - Today's joined -up thinking. A Government Help for the Disabled.

Post  Atlas Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:51 am

I'm just waiting to find a private plumbing firm that are prepared to take on, for 12 months at their own expense, someone who cannot guarantee to attend work even regularly. Long term disabled, the real genuine ones, usually have something quite drastically wrong with them which prohibits them from participating activity on a regular or constant basis. Is it just me or am I not in the same world as everyone else???
This is a joke isn't it??
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  johnb Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:15 am

Regrettably you are not! Thankfully (I think) I have been involved in discussion with a database designer that shows similar issues.

He admitted, without much pushing that he does not really understand how the output of his database is used and does not understand why clients are complaining.

The people writing this course may well not understand what a plumber is or does.

I've
johnb
johnb
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down