Rochdale Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pork DNA found in halal school dinners

+3
Charly
Atlas
Hinch
7 posters

Go down

Pork DNA found in halal school dinners Empty Pork DNA found in halal school dinners

Post  Hinch Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:04 pm

Well, it had to happen didn't it?

At least we have full equality in the adulteration of our grub.
Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Pork DNA found in halal school dinners Empty Re: Pork DNA found in halal school dinners

Post  Atlas Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:57 pm

I could be wrong but I don't think someone was thinking about costs and profits with this one. affraid
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Pork DNA found in halal school dinners Empty Re: Pork DNA found in halal school dinners

Post  Charly Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:04 am

Oh go on Atlas... are you saying this was an attack on islam? durrr
Charly
Charly
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:07 am

All that remains now is for back rashers to be found in Jewish food!
Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Charly Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:24 am

I guess processed meats have got all sorts of sh-ite in them, anything to bulk up the quantity.
Why do they inject water into chickens? to increase the weight...more money, any way of increasing profits is used.
Charly
Charly
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Charly Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:26 am

Hinch wrote:Well, it had to happen didn't it?

At least we have full equality in the adulteration of our grub.

One way round this problem is for the kids to have packed lunches from home, that way the parents know what their kids are eating.
Charly
Charly
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  nickih Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:57 pm

[quote="CharlyOne way round this problem is for the kids to have packed lunches from home, that way the parents know what their kids are eating.[/quote]

Like cold fish fingers, potato waffles, and a piece of cake pale
nickih
nickih
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Charly Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:03 pm

Why does it have to be cold fish fingers ect?
Whats wrong with a couple of samosas or a tuna sandwich.
My grandsons have survived on packed lunches ok, they didn't like the school dinners
Charly
Charly
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  nickih Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:35 pm

Charly wrote:Why does it have to be cold fish fingers ect?
Whats wrong with a couple of samosas or a tuna sandwich.
My grandsons have survived on packed lunches ok, they didn't like the school dinners

It doesn't! I was just passing comment on what I regularly see and have reported to me by school staff as part of my job. I know full well packed lunches can be as good as (and better than) school dinners.
nickih
nickih
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Dalelad Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:38 pm

I didn't like the Howarth Cross school dinners so used to sneak out to the chippy as soon as I could. A bag of chips from Syke chippy, then down to the corner shop for a quarter of sweets, then down to the playground to eat it. Didn't do me any harm!
Dalelad
Dalelad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppyanna555 Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:55 pm

If the child likes cold fish fingers and waffles and mum knows it will be eaten....nowt wrong with that, better than a butty box full of crisps and chocolate.
Poppyanna555
Poppyanna555
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  teamplayer2 Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:11 pm

The school dinners I use to have they were quite good. Even at one school I use to go to was quite rough but the meals were best part of the day.
teamplayer2
teamplayer2
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppyanna555 Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:37 pm

Must admit, I loved school dinners! Having said that, it really was my main meal of the day, we had nowt when I was young, albeit a LOT of love!

These days however, the school meals are c**p in my eyes, chips and processed food, this wasn't the case when I was at school, freezers weren't the norm and all meals were cooked from scratch.

If I had a young child in school now, I would be worried....Halal meat served to the unsuspecting, chips, chips and more chips and in general, a poor and unbalanced menu.
Poppyanna555
Poppyanna555
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  teamplayer2 Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:30 pm

Well Poppy I do not have children. Though if I did I would not be happy if Halal meat was given to any children I have against the wishes of the children and as a parent. We should have a choice.
teamplayer2
teamplayer2
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppyanna555 Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:46 pm

Yes TP, I agree! Whist I don't uphold with Muslim schoolchildren being served food contaminated with pork, halal meat has been served to Christian schoolchildren up and down the country with total disregard whilst unsuspecting shoppers have been served halal meat in supermarkets too.

Time for some transparency methinks!
Poppyanna555
Poppyanna555
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  teamplayer2 Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:59 pm

Have to agree Poppy. It has been an oddity at times that when contaminated meat or anything that goes against the Muslim religion there is this big outcry. Though the rights of the Muslim religion must like other things be respected and you must admit the contaminated Halal meat was wrong and should never have happened.

Yet when Halal meat was sold to the public in general and in schools against the wishes of anyone who does not want Halal meat the public was more or less told to put up with it. So the people who did not want Halal meat and never told. Why was their rights not respected at the time?

teamplayer2
teamplayer2
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:51 am

The whole debate is religious and emotional bunkum as anyone who knows the meat trade at all will tell you. But hey - mustn't upset the deluded must we. Sad
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:50 pm

Atlas wrote:The whole debate is religious and emotional bunkum as anyone who knows the meat trade at all will tell you. But hey - mustn't upset the deluded must we. Sad

Atlas: As a former slaughterman, you're probably far much more aware of trade practices than us carnivors.

There doesn't seem to be scientific conclusion about the least painful method of animal slaughter .. bolt, shooting, gas, electrolysis, etcetera. What did you think, can you comment?

In early February , slight Pork DNA trace was found in some Prisoner’s Halal meat patties. I don't recall a lot of fuss then, as it was quickly traced to an Irish supplier who is now no longer used by any British supermarkets, for any meat or poultry supplies.

If religious bunkum is attached to Islamic ritual slaughter (dhabihah or zibah), with one of their rules being that the animal must not be anaesthetised or stunned, and it must be conscious and alive when it is slaughtered, is this a practice that you've seen in our non-Halal slaughterhouses as well ?

Last edited by Mojo Hill on Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:40 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:55 am

Question one I have answered in detail previously - but - humane killer (bolt) is the most efficient.
Question two. Not only seen but done many times myself. Does it still happen. Yes - but I wouldn't want to name or go any further as it is strictly against our European practices these 'enlightened' days.
You will find a complete description of 'how it used to be' (and still is sometimes) in the 2nd of my autobiographies should you be thus inclined.That particular part carries a 'Health Warning' and doesn't make for 'gentle' reading. Wink Very Happy
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down