Rochdale Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Semi-chinks in the armoury

+2
Chill37
Atlas
6 posters

Go down

Semi-chinks in the armoury Empty Semi-chinks in the armoury

Post  Atlas Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:25 am

I know some of you don't like international topics on here but this just might impinge upon your somewhat irritated lives so I thought I'd ask a question on International Politics - (hurray I hear some shout - BOGOF say the rest).

Present attitudes to our North Korean friends? Should we pay them off again like we did last time? OR -. Should we a lob a nuke at them and have done with all the hassle? Easy question - - . Wink
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Semi-chinks in the armoury Empty Re: Semi-chinks in the armoury

Post  Chill37 Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:43 am

I think we should put pressure on Russia and China as they are the closest thing to a friend that the North has.

If the boy leader, well I say leader as I suspect he is just being told what to say by the Army, does press the red button it would be suicide. There would be a very brief but highly destructive exchange of Nukes. When you consider North and South never signed a peace treaty I am surprised it hasnt got to this level before now.

I thiink it will go to the brink and it will be a case of who blinks first.

Chill37
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  teamplayer2 Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:21 am

Most involved and doing the shouting from North Korea, United Kingdom and the United States are all having problems with the economy etc.

So what do they do for their own domestic failure and take the public mind away from the failure at home?

Look for a common enemy and start shouting and start a war.
teamplayer2
teamplayer2
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Chill37 Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:38 am

i think this goes much further than economy. Incidents go back to 2010 with the shelling of an island and the sinking of a ship/

I dont know what the boy leader is upto and what he can ever hope to gain.

Chill37
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:18 am

East is east, here is one theory on what's going on.

Quote: "This explanation of North Korea’s increased war preparations, that it wants to protect all the sculptures, paintings and tea coasters bearing Kim’s image, might seem far-fetched, but it’s actually based in a serious reality with potential consequences for the rest of the world."
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/timstanley/100209217/north-koreas-real-reason-for-starting-world-war-iii-to-save-its-35000-sacred-statues/

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:44 am

Unfortunately there will have to be intervention of some sort at some stage; hopefully political rather than military with China playing a key role.

We cannot allow this strange man to push us to the brink of a nuclear war and do zilch.

Normal diplomatic language and even thinly-veiled military threats by the US Airforce hold no terrors for this megalomaniac.
Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:41 am

Then again it could be that they have run out of the million tons of food supplied free of charge after the last little spat and it's time to 'bully' for more. One might conclude that a million tons of aid is far cheaper than lobbing a few missles in defence of some materialist sabre-rattling? The question remains - give a little, take a lot. It has been very succesfully done in the past by other 'lunatics' but doesn't end there. It NEVER DOES.

Is this just posturing? Of course it is. Perhaps we should just ignore the little cretin and his over-fed tin soldiers and let him go away. That sometimes works just as well. We shall see. Neutral

Meanwhile - please remember we shall not be 'saving' that country's people from a dictator or starvation or a life of misery and drudgery. Unfortunately the work of the 'mind-benders' have had time to ensure that the 'people' themselves believe the West are responsible for their predicament and would not welcome a 'saviour' with anything like open arms. This is a 'ruined' nation in the eyes of human-rights, free-speech and individual freedoms and is nothing like the life the rest of us lead or have come to expect. Quite a problem and a tricky one. Wink
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  past it Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:16 pm

What I find most worrying is that North Korea have goodness knows how many millions of people who have no access to the world media. They cannot see what the rest of the world can see through TV or the internet, read newspapers that are printed outside NK, cannot access mobile phone networks and cannot leave the country.
Their apparent slavish worship of the young dictator, who incidentally was educated in Switzerland, may seem to us to be ludicrous but they know no other way and their innocence is ruthlessly exploited by their leaders.
I don't think the leadership is daft enough to unleash nuclear weapons on SK because they know they would be destroyed as a result, but where is that country going?
The solution lies with their allies China and SK allies the USA.

past it
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum