Rochdale Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bad drivers.

+2
Admin
teamplayer2
6 posters

Go down

Bad drivers. Empty Bad drivers.

Post  teamplayer2 Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:28 pm

I know we have been here before but I must admit this is the worse I have seen for sometime.

Coming out of the Post Office in Milnrow yesterday there was a bicycle parked up against the lamp post just outside the post office.

I walked round it and someone was just behind me coming out of the entrance of the post office. On the road there is a Zebra Crossing for pedestrians to use across this very busy road during the day.

As I walked around the bicycle this idiot driving a Nissan car mounted the pavement within the zig zag lines of the Zebra Crossing making me move out of the way almost knocking the person over behind me. The car just missing my legs.

This idiot, a man in his mid to late twenties got out of his car from the drivers side looking very sheepish and looking at me. I told him that he has just missed us and he should not be parked in the area of the crossing and informed him that this is a pavement next to a crossing.

Also was he to lazy to park in a proper area and walk. Looking at him you get the feeling he wanted to swear at me but looking at the reaction and looks he was getting from the other person I think he declined to make any sort of comment. Nearly causing an accident because he just wanted to go in the post office but to bone and idle to park lawfully, and walk.

It is a shame there was no policeman to witness this because I am sure he would have been booked but worse he could have been facing a more serious charge if anyone had been hit causing serious injury or worse.

Mind you if a child or an elderly person came out of the post office I think they would not have stood a chance.

Last edited by teamplayer2 on Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:11 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : missing word)
teamplayer2
teamplayer2
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Bad drivers. Empty Re: Bad drivers.

Post  Admin Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:22 am

I am sure that I speak for call Rochdale Talkers when I say how glad we all are that you were uninjured and that you were restored to us sound in mind (?) and body.

Just amazing how some people ever passed a driving test.

Last edited by Admin on Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://rochdaletalk.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Chill37 Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:33 am

Quite apt thread this. As reported yesterday(11/9/12) Graham Stringer MP has been pushing for a rise in the driving age to be raised from 17 to 18. As reports have indicated that the age group17-25 account for a great deal of reported accidents.

Chill37
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  johnb Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:57 pm

Of course the youngest percentile of drivers, who are least experienced, have the most accidents. This would be the same whatever the minimum age of driving was.

Silly councillor grandstanding again.
johnb
johnb
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  keithatrochdale Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:27 pm

Have you noticed how many drivers do not use their indicators?

What about the drivers that park on both sides of the road in Littleborough, completely ignoring the yellow lines - seems the taxis are the worst.
keithatrochdale
keithatrochdale
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:51 pm

Taxi drivers everywhere use a different Highway Code to the rest of us and refer to themselves as 'professional drivers'.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://rochdaletalk.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Chill37 Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:54 pm

We have some double yellow lines outside our house whilst some road works go on. Might as well not have them as some drivers clearly seem to be colour blind.

Chill37
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Mulldog Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:08 pm

If I had a pound for every time I've nearly been knocked down whilst crossing the junction of Fishwick St/Oldham Road I'd be a very rich man. Some drivers even have the nerve to pip you as they increase their speed and try and undercut the Oldham Rd traffic. It isn't as though I'm a slow walker either. Hasten to say they now get a special salute from me. Razz
Mulldog
Mulldog
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down