Rochdale Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster weekend

5 posters

Go down

Monster weekend Empty Monster weekend

Post  Hinch Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:59 pm

Well, I had one of the best weekends of my life. I went down for the party conference.

No, not THAT party silly, the Official Monster Raving Loony Party Conference in Uttoxeter.

I joined three months ago and resigned from the Labour Party three weeks ago.

What a fabulous lot of people. I recruited a doctor-psychiatrist as a member and an engineer from the nuclear industry. We had a power-breakfast with Alan 'Howlin' Laud' Hope in Wetherspoons. Also in attendence was Baron Von Thunderclapp and R.U Seerius. Sadly Lord Toby Jugg took a rain check.

A real fun weekend with bands like BBBlack Dog, the Big Fibbers and Shamus O'Blivion. We had a one-minute howl for a deceased member and a cabinet reshuffle which involved getting in a wardrobe on the car park and shuffling around!

There was one guy who drove a hearse with a sign on the back saying, 'No bodies left in this vehicle overnight'. Lovely, lovely people.

The Leader was VERY interested in Rochdale and has asked me to reform the party there which he intends to open formally later this year and I have invited him to come and visit us and study our own lunacy at close hand. Alan was a big pal of Lord David Sutch and was elected as a Loony councillor and as mayor!

My old mate Martin Harwood of the Toad Preservation with Official Monster Raving Loony Party would have been proud.

We intend to have fun, raise money for charity and take the 'P' out of politics. It costs a tenner to join, the conference is free. You get badges, ID cards and a certificate of insanity. Why not join in and have some fun?

They have a website. Just Google in OMRLP. We will build our own site and blog in the next week or so and aim to have some fun events to raise our profile.

Three forum members have already expressed an interest.
Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Monster weekend Empty Re: Monster weekend

Post  teamplayer2 Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:02 pm

OK Hinch.
teamplayer2
teamplayer2
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Charly Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:20 pm

I'm up for a laugh, I'll join in
Charly
Charly
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:17 pm

Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeanie Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:58 pm

Charly wrote:I'm up for a laugh, I'll join in

Me too I have done with politics cheers
Jeanie
Jeanie
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:23 pm

Hinch: I thought you were joking, until I read the ROL article. I just knew that HATS must feature somewhere in all of this Very Happy

..... ' Supporters are often noted for their extravagant dress-sense which often includes gaudily decorated top-hats, leopard-skin and frock coats and have become an accepted part of the UK electoral scene in local and general elections. ' Right then, in a true spirit of lunacy, a picture of your own top hat is anticipated.

Do you want nominating as a candidate for the town council? As proved by many an office bearer, you don't actually have to reside here full time and, if you remember, you are allowed to give a park bench as a Rochdale place of abode ... or a nominally-rented 'somewhere.' Any thoughts about your Portfolio?

Back to top Go down

Post  Ann M Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:42 pm

Hinch,I thought you were always taking the 'p' out of politics or is that not really'PC' Embarassed

Ann M
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:14 pm

Am just hoping that my self-confessed lunacy will not make me personna non grata at any bonfire parties or occasional coffee and jaffa cake sessions on my cross-moor travels.

I am quite serious, I have never met such a great, welcoming crowd of fun-to-be with people since I last supped the finest vintages out of Dear Heart's slipper at Table 12. English eccentricity at its very finest.

Lovely, lovely people. Can't imagine any of them cutting me dead in the Town Hall foyer... unless I skipped a round.

I got extra kudos because I recruited them a real doctor psychiatrist AND a nuclear engineer in my first week!

The cabinet reshuffle in an old wardrobe had me howling with laughter.

And as for the scantily-clad exotic dancer brandishing her whip at me on the stage; as a happily married man, my lips must stay forever sealed!

Great pictures of the reshuffle on the website www.omrlp.com
Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:26 pm

And here is a sneak preview of our blog. Lovingly crafted for us by one of the very nicest and most capable and energetic people I have ever met. It will be up and running tomorrow when our mascot, Martin the Toad, named in honour of the late & much-missed Martin Harwood, will croak for the first time.

http://rochdaleloony.blogspot.co.uk/
Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:29 pm

Here is the famous Official Monster Raving Loony Party cabinet reshuffle from last weekend shot on my tablet.

(Wow.... the forum with video links eh?)
Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeanie Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:26 am

hinch wrote:

Here is the famous Official Monster Raving Loony Party cabinet reshuffle from last weekend shot on my tablet.

(Wow.... the forum with video links eh?)

Just so funny had me in stitches Laughing
Jeanie
Jeanie
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:07 pm

Oh heck, Martin the Toad has started croaking!

http://rochdaleloony.blogspot.co.uk/
Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down