Rochdale Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More than 1,000 cannabis plants in one house.

+3
Charly
Hinch
cyfrifia
7 posters

Go down

More than 1,000 cannabis plants in one house. Empty More than 1,000 cannabis plants in one house.

Post  cyfrifia Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:09 pm

More than 1,000 cannabis plants.

http://www.burytimes.co.uk/news/9395873.Huge_cannabis_farm_found_in_rented_home/?ref=mr

That's a lot of cannabis. Indoor farming on an industrial scale. The way food prices are going, will people soon be doing the same with runner beans?

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

More than 1,000 cannabis plants in one house. Empty Re: More than 1,000 cannabis plants in one house.

Post  Hinch Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:47 pm

I like the quote:- One neighbour said: “Nothing exciting ever happens around here.

“It’s a respectable, nice neighbourhood with nice people. I’m horrified.”

In my youth I've been offered cannabis in some of the nicest houses in some of the most gorgeous areas in the UK.

It's all around us you know, Geddit!

You can buy the stuff with your morning paper.
Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

More than 1,000 cannabis plants in one house. Empty Re: More than 1,000 cannabis plants in one house.

Post  cyfrifia Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:52 pm

Hinch wrote:In my youth I've been offered cannabis in some of the nicest houses in some of the most gorgeous areas in the UK.
More than 1,000 cannabis plants in one house. IMG_5455
Was it here?
http://www.guardian.co.uk/global/the-northerner/2012/may/25/drugs-trade-cannabis-farm-cumbria-dent-opium-war
A house used for one of the biggest cannabis growing operations.

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Charly Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:52 pm

Who's been using MY house? Shocked
AND I keep telling everyone to turn that light off when we dont need it on!
Charly
Charly
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:38 am

You can buy it with your vegetables in the market around here. On open sale some days. Shocked
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  southernbelle Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:20 pm

There is nice little spot by the bins at the bottom of Yorkshire St which has a couple of traders most days. Usually completely ignored by the police, and with a handy jeweller nearby to check if the items offered in exchange are worth the price of the goods.
southernbelle
southernbelle
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:03 pm

About three decades ago, I was involved in a City Farm project and through it, got to know some of the local landowning gentry somewhere in deepest Middle England.

Once, me and the City Farm Project Manager, a comely wench with whom I had developed a deep understanding of husbandry and various rural pursuits were asked to look after a small home-farm on an estate for a week while the owners went off on holiday.

The family were titled and although not of top-drawer nobiliity, their name would be instantly recognisable spanning over 2-3 centuries of English art, literature and culture.

As they were going on holiday, they had run down the stock and our job was to muck out the stables, bottle-feed a dozen sick calves, feed the chickens, exercise the horses and look after a couple of heifers they were rearing for the freezer etc.

Before they left, the owners showed us around the 'hise', showed us the larders, dairy etc where we were told to take anything we fancied plus 'neck a chicken' for Sunday lunch.

As an afterthought almost, before they pulled away in their Range Rover, they showed us a big earthernware dish on the kitchen-dresser containing some extra-long, Rizla wheat-straw cigarette papers, a couple of packs of Old Holborn and two nice, clingfilm-wrapped lumps of what they described as 'Paki-black' and 'Leb -gold' and told us to avail ourselves as we saw fit.

Only one of the following statements is true:-

1. I didn't touch the filthy stuff.
2. I smoked but didn't inhale.
3. I was in like Flynn, right up to the armpits!

One of their roles on the estate was looking after retired dogs and horses and they had two of the Queen Mother's old corgis that had developed back problems. One of my claims to fame is that a very mellowed, chilled-out Hinch once took the Royal Corgis for a walk although I seemed to have been floating slightly above the ground at the time and giggling absurdly at the rippling effect of the heat-haze on the stalks of cow-parsley in the bottom pasture!

What a week!

Oh yes, having nice neighbours and living in a nice area is no guarantee that there will not be a bit of exotic-horticulture going on nearby together with a little sampling here and there.

Of course, this was in the days before the arrival of the far more toxic 'skunk' whose easy cultivation, rapid growth and BIG profits has changed the nature of the game.

Thankfully, unlike some of my contemporaries, I never got into drugs seriously but admit to having had the odd joint at parties, concerts etc from the early seventies to early 80s. I think that I was given my first joint in the Masque coffee bar opposite the old library and we went up to College Bank puffing away in one of the stairwells in order to fortify ourselves for one of Maurice H's excellent gigs at the College.

Sadly, a lot of my then mates got involved in much heavier stuff and one or two paid the price with an early death.

C'est la vie.

Last edited by Hinch on Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  past it Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:20 pm

I noticed a shop in Bury the other day, top of Wash Lane. Shop sign in large letters said HEMP PRODUCTS. I wonder!

past it
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:44 pm

One as soon as you turn right off Edinburgh Way in Rochdale advertising hydroponics.

It is all over and operating, for the most part, semi-openly PI.

What I and others wonder is how so much of it can operate so openly on our streets and, as SB notes, in sight of our Town Hall in areas that are crawling with security cameras and the dibble?

Have they just given up on drugs as being 'too difficult? Have we declared a sort of secret 'unconditional surrender' in the 'War on Drugs'?

How does our local Bench see it? Is it a case of 'softly, softly, catchee NO monkey'?

I know that are some very well-publicised drugs busts from time to time, often involving BIG sums but what about the day-to-day, bread and butter operation involving minor-players and their scrote runners? Is it allowed to just go unchallenged?

Years ago, if you wanted 'something for the weekend', you stood outside Bradley's Records on Lord Street, had a word with The Man, handed over a few quid. A few nods and winks would be exchanged and a runner would be dispatched to pick up your wrap. 10 minutes later, he'd be back with your gear either at point of purchase or in a prearranged spot; usually on Yorkshire Street.

Of course in those days it was often only a fiver's worth or rarely more than a tenner.

Most of it in those days came in from Manchester. The Drug Squad were deemed to know exactly what was moving and who was moving it.

Amazing to think that in 40 years, the trade still goes on in virtually the same spot; give or take 25 yards.

Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:46 pm

Ha ha! I see there is an advert for hydroponic gear at the top of the page.

The power of t'internet eh?
Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:44 pm

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:03 pm

Cannabis farm sets houses on fire.

http://manchestergazette.co.uk/?p=10717

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:14 am

I suspect the firemen found that 'high' on the list. I wonder how long it took to put it out???? Wink
Atlas
Atlas
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:18 pm

Well, here's a couple of scrotes off the streets for a few years at least.

http://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/2/news-headlines/76794/two-drug-dealers-jailed
Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppyanna555 Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:41 am

My sentiments exactly Hinch!

The second chap Rahman, lives near me and I recognise him as one of the 'die hards' that has been dealing at the end of my street for years! So pleased he has finally been dealt with, bloody good do!! cheers
Poppyanna555
Poppyanna555
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:36 am

All part of the rich, cultural diversity of the area surely Poppy?

Just a shame that these scumbags who, according to both you and the GMP evidence at the trial, have been operating for years, their identities known to the police, yet it takes so long to put them away.

How many lives have they destroyed between them? No doubt they will be carrying on their dismal trade in prison.

Still, I am sure that are are many others willing, able and available to plug any gaps in the market.

Yet again, Falinge highlighted as the drugs hot-spot of the borough; something which has been talked about on the old RO forums for years and years. I too see them waiting for their drop-offs on Falinge Road or by the flats when I drive through.

It is easier to buy Class A drugs in Falinge than it is to get a bottle of milk and a loaf PLUS they deliver to your door 24/7.

Pity that we don't have preventive detention here for certain classes of crime where the criminal clearly demonstrates no intention whatsoever of reforming or rehabilitating. Three strikes and out would seem a reasonable response to street-dealing of Class A drugs or crimes of extreme violence.

I have many misgivings with regard to the US sytem of justice but they haven't got it all wrong.
Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  southernbelle Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:39 am

If they are not British citizens, deport them, whatever the circumstances. If they dont abide by our rules.....throw em out.
southernbelle
southernbelle
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  cyfrifia Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:29 pm

It is sickening and shocking that so many inhabitants of Rochdale have been left vulnerable to heroin addiction, which will be ongoing, and that people have had to see this dealing and it's consequences going on around them for many years. It's just horrendous. Well done the police for taking some action, so much more needs to be done.

cyfrifia
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppyanna555 Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:43 pm

I am hoping that their little 'ring' may have been smashed now by the intelligence gleaned from the thousands of drug related texts and phone calls discovered on their phones. The chap I am referring to has been touting his 'wares' at the end of our street for at least the last 5 years and he and his gang have caused us no end of problems and sleepless nights with their anti-social behaviour whilst waiting for their 'customers'.

The police have been well aware of him (and his cronies) but, as they say, they have to catch them with the stuff on them or 'in the act' of dealing. We have seen them 'in the act of dealing' on several occasions but, would you believe, one of our local PCSO's told us in the early days that they were just congregating to smoke 'bona fide' cigarettes as 'their wives didn't know they smoked'!

Benefits of Cultural Diversity Hinch?.....no comment!
Poppyanna555
Poppyanna555
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down