Rochdale Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

council and online news

2 posters

Go down

council and online news Empty council and online news

Post  Old Regulator Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:17 pm

Today, in my view, sees yet another slackening of standards in On-line news provision. Following the councils treatment of Rochdale Online in not communicating with their reporters the Observer, Trinity Mirror/MEN, have today launched there all singing and dancing new website complete with bells and whistles. The snag is that to comment on any news story you have to sign up to the Face Book organisation.

So this morning instead of me popping onto the Observer site to drink in the latest knowledge of what our council is, or is not, doing to combat the latest disaster, bins I think, I am presented with advertisements for dating, make your own minds up on that one, and other assorted attempts to lure me into consumerism before a single item of news is gleamed.

I, as advised by all in the know, do not give my personal details out willy nilly, especially to a so called ‘social media’ organisation, and a very dangerous one when recent events are taken into account, on the grounds that they will be not only available to the troll nutters out there but to a myriad of other consumer vendors intent on bombarding me with things I don’t want, and indeed with some offers, have no idea what to do with, said growth enhancers or large ladies of Eastern European origin.

So once again the unbelievable treatment by the leader of Rochdale council to prevent council news from being distributed by Rochdale Online has now led to them forcing residents, and voters, of Rochdale to access a so called local paper online which is acting as an agent for Face Book. Roll on May next year when us Monster Ravers have a chance to go to the public.

Old Regulator
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

council and online news Empty Re: council and online news

Post  Guest Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:19 pm

Lambert's Kremlin style has not stopped RO reporting on council matters, Frank, far from it. In fact, such is the disgust at Lambert's bullying that RO has found many friends it didn't know it had, inside as well as outside the council.

So, fear not, carry on reading RO and forgot Facebook.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mulldog Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:37 pm

It's not very anonymous is it. I've posted a couple of comments today on "simple news stories" but I certainly won't comment on anything "controversial" or there will be a lynch mob at my door or no end of nutcases wanting to add me as their friend.
I've noticed they're already deleted a valid comment from someone who openly admitted he'd set up a fake Facebook account with a fake name so he could post with some degree of anonymity. I dare say he should have kept that little secret to himself Laughing
I pointed out myself that Facebook was on the decline so why not have alternative log-ins such as Twitter & DISQUS?
Mulldog
Mulldog
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down