Rochdale Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frustrating

+2
southernbelle
Charly
6 posters

Go down

Frustrating Empty Frustrating

Post  Guest Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:59 pm

...that I can't post photos I took at Southport Air Show yesterday until next Sunday (members have to wait 7 days before they can post links which are needed to embed photos in the forum).

So, if you would like to see a few of my shots from a fantastic show yesterday then type the following into your web browser:

www DOT journeaux DOT org FORWARD SLASH media FORWARD SLASH Southport-Air-Show-09-09-12 FORWARD SLASH

and then add each of the following image numbers to view the photos:

IMG_7053 DOT jpg
IMG_7208 DOT jpg
8I1X8364 DOT jpg
8I1X8942 DOT jpg
8I1X8772 DOT jpg
8I1X8983 DOT jpg

For those who like planes there was a rare appearance by a Vulcan bomber and for those who are wondering about the wing walker on the bi-plane, yes she really did take her harness off and just hold on with one hand whilst the pilot did his aerobatics!

Back to top Go down

Frustrating Empty Re: Frustrating

Post  Charly Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:01 pm

The wing walker wasn't Pauline was it ? Rolling Eyes
Charly
Charly
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  southernbelle Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:05 pm

hi and welcome.
southernbelle
southernbelle
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  teamplayer2 Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:27 pm

I am trying to load up photographs on here but just given up trying. I can manage others on email etc. But I had the same problem at Rochdale Online and gave up in the end.
teamplayer2
teamplayer2
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Frustrating Empty Frustration

Post  past it Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:54 pm

I was at the show. It was very good. The journey was worth it just to see the Vulcan. One of its climbs demonstrated that famous howl the engines make, brilliant.
I went on the bike which was bad enough a journey. What genius decided to close the road through Croston which produced a tail back of at least five miles? Some people probably missed half the show. The commentator was a friend of mine George Baker who lives near my daughter in Monxton near Middle Wallop where he runs the Army Air Corps historic flight.
The Typhoon was a great display but if was the older aircraft I liked, Sea Fury, Mustang, Meteor, and of course the battle of Britain flight.
Look forward to your pictures. There's a fair display on Youtube.

past it
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:34 pm

Cant you just use the link icon on the taskbar to paste in the URL? It lets me do it.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://rochdaletalk.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:49 pm

No, you can because you have admin privileges.

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:04 pm

I picked up as lot of the radio-traffic on my ham radio set on Air Band. Fascinating listening to them talking to each other and to Ground Control.

I heard the Avro Vulcan come in from its base in Lincolnshire. Air Band is about the only thing now that uses the AM frequency apart from some commercial stuff so you can pick it up at much greater distances.

Last year the Halifax, 'City of Lincoln' flew right over Stradhoughton at 2000 feet on its way back to base.

We went to the Royal Naval Air Station at Culdrose near Helston in Cornwall last month but there was sod all to see as half the squadrons were in London for the Olympics and some were on active service in the Gulf.

They have the flight deck of an aircraft-carrier painted on the tarmac for practice. Sadly no longer in use as our piss-poor defence cuts have left us without naval air-support for ten years apart from a few helicoptors. Even when we do get a carrier with aircraft-handling capability, it won't be fitted with the British-invented steam-catapult as it is 'too costly'. This will greatly reduce the type of aircraft we will be able to use.
Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  teamplayer2 Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:51 pm

Admin wrote:Cant you just use the link icon on the taskbar to paste in the URL? It lets me do it.

I have tried but something is blocking it or for some reason will not let me.
teamplayer2
teamplayer2
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Frustrating Empty Frustration

Post  past it Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:37 pm

I didn't know you were a ham fan, (sorry about that). I have an air-band Receiver Yupiteru 7100 VHF UHF etc. It's so long since I have used it I have forgotten how to programme it. If you found some time and can help I would be grateful.

past it
Crew
Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum