Rochdale Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sad situation

3 posters

Go down

Sad situation Empty Sad situation

Post  Charly Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:54 pm

Tonight one of my elderly neighbours was heard banging on the floor, it took us a while to gain access to the flat only to find her in the dark on the floor where she had fallen.
We cant be sure how long she had been lying there but a wild guess would have it as she usually turns her lights on at around 5pm it had been about 5 + hours.
The ambulance crew have just taken her to the A&E but say she will most likely be sent home within a couple of hours as the bed situation is pretty desperate.
This lady is 86 years old, very frail and is suffering from 'memory loss' (thats how it is described in her care package notes) I think its down to money why she isn't looked after properly 24/7 Mad

Charly
Charly
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Sad situation Empty Re: Sad situation

Post  teamplayer2 Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:23 am

Many more like it Charly. I hope the local politicians who are reading this and agree to the cutbacks are reading this. Though I doubt it and do they really CARE?
teamplayer2
teamplayer2
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  southernbelle Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:14 pm

I know this seems a stupid question, but has anyone formally asked for more care for her?
southernbelle
southernbelle
Space Cadet
Space Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:23 pm

southernbelle wrote:I know this seems a stupid question, but has anyone formally asked for more care for her?

That's a strong point. If there are "care package" notes for her, it suggests she is known to Adult Social Care Services, if that's what they're still called.

NOT everyone has relatives to help them and, if she has 'memory loss,' possibly needs an Advocate to change or increase her care, maybe with different equipment, environment or human support measures.

Does anyone know if RMBC have now commission Elderly and Social Care out to Link4Life?

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum