Rochdale Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Murder attempt

4 posters

Go down

Murder attempt Empty Murder attempt

Post  Charly Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:36 pm

Charly
Charly
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Murder attempt Empty Re: Murder attempt

Post  Jeanie Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:08 pm

I know it's dreadful Charly I first thought St Cuthberts but they have a male Head hope she is okay ?
Jeanie
Jeanie
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Charly Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:14 pm

She could be at a school outside Rochdale Jeanie, it gives no clue in the news report.
Charly
Charly
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:50 pm

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinch Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:51 pm

Typical GMP report. Tells you SFA.
Hinch
Hinch
Spaceship Commander
Spaceship Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:18 am

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppyanna555 Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:30 pm

This guy never lived on Belfield Old Road. He was provided with a rental property on this street when he was discharged from the John Elliott Unit just after Christmas '12 and was 'supposed' to be living there but instead, was living with his mother who came regularly (with him) to collect any mail.

It was evident that he wasn't there and the garden of this property then went on to attract anti-social behaviour (ie:drug dealing).

When a neighbour reported this to the authorities they were told that there was no evidence of a 'scam' and that the guy 'was' living there and so they dutifully continued to pay his rent for 16 months to date!

As frustrated as we all are that no-one was believed when it was reported that he was not living there, I must say we may well have had a lucky escape, and my heart goes out to the victim of this senseless attack and I, for one, hope this lady makes a speedy recovery physically, although I am sure the mental scars will last for a very long time. Evil or Very Mad
Poppyanna555
Poppyanna555
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:06 pm

Poppyanna555 wrote:This guy never lived on Belfield Old Road. He was provided with a rental property on this street when he was discharged from the John Elliott Unit just after Christmas '12 and was 'supposed' to be living there but instead, was living with his mother who came regularly (with him) to collect any mail.

It was evident that he wasn't there and the garden of this property then went on to attract anti-social behaviour (ie:drug dealing).

When a neighbour reported this to the authorities they were told that there was no evidence of a 'scam' and that the guy 'was' living there and so they dutifully continued to pay his rent for 16 months to date!

As frustrated as we all are that no-one was believed when it was reported that he was not living there, I must say we may well have had a lucky escape, and my heart goes out to the victim of this senseless attack and I, for one, hope this lady makes a speedy recovery physically, although I am sure the mental scars will last for a very long time
. Evil or Very Mad

Poppyanna: the victim has now been released from hospital Very Happy and the suspect "further" remanded in custody, after his brief appearance at Bury Magistrates court today.

Perhaps the landlord of the property on the road would be happy to receive rent, whether anyone really lived there or not, but it's a real shame that the authorities disbelieved such 'close' community information about the guy's lack of residency. It reads like he probably needed continuing medical treatment.

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppyanna555 Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:16 pm

Indeed MJH and, as you say, why were the neighbours concerns swept aside? RMBC pursued the residents complaints with the benefits agency and was told 'everything was in order' and he IS living there, you just haven't seen him!

Meanwhile, another possibly 'dubious' landlord has been laughing all the way to the bank!

* I also question the logic of releasing someone who is so mentally ill into the community, not least a community known to be rife with drug dealers when he himself seems to have had a history of substance misuse? but hey ho!

Poppyanna555
Poppyanna555
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down